2017 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Round 2
33. GB - Kevin King, CB
34. JAX - Cam Robinson, OT
35. SEA - Malik McDowell, DE
36. AZ - Budda Baker, S
37. BUF - Zay Jones, WR
38. LAC - Forrest Lamp, G
39. NYJ - Marcus Maye, S
40. CAR - Curtis Samuel, WR
41. MIN - Dalvin Cook, RB
42. NO - Marcus Williams, S
43. PHI - Sidney Jones, CB
44. LAR - Gerald Everett, TE
45. CHI - Adam Shaheen, TE
46. IND - Quincy Wilson, CB
47. BAL - Tyus Bowser, LB
48. CIN - Joe Mixon, RB
49. WAS - Ryan Anderson, LB
50. TB - Justin Evans, S

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
there is one positive right now... a lot of us wanted juju/godwin/ the center (whoose name escapes me). all three are still available

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay got his "welcome to LA here's your toy" pick from Les Snead. Now it's time for Les to get serious and go after value IMO, so he can get the most from those two round 3 selections.

Good thing I started drinking woooo!

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Where are the current Mike Allstott"s? I loved watching him force his way through the Oline. He didn't need a hole

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Color me in the not so impressed section. we waited all offseason to get an .......... undersized TE. Didn't exactly blow my skirt up. I'll put some trust in the coaching staff......but while we did upgrade our line somewhat in free-agency. We still have a few pcs. needed to be able to compete.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay was a TE coach, I trust his judgement.

I do too. I feel that Everett can be our Jordan Reed. My complaint is that I think an All Pro Center is more valuable to this team than Jordan Reed. JMO.

TexasRam

Legend
There is a reason you don't hire a 30 year old coach and match him with a GM that can't complete a sentence without the leading "let's just say".

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
keep in mind from now until pick 112 the picks are tight, not much difference in talent, lots of good players still on the bord

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Color me in the not so impressed section. we waited all offseason to get an .......... undersized TE. Didn't exactly blow my skirt up. I'll put some trust in the coaching staff......but while we did upgrade our line somewhat in free-agency. We still have a few pcs. needed to be able to compete.

If Fish had made that pick I'd be smashin $h!t. McVay is the reason I'm just gonna allow myself to hope it's a fit.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Round 2
33. GB - Kevin King, CB
34. JAX - Cam Robinson, OT
35. SEA - Malik McDowell, DE
36. AZ - Budda Baker, S
37. BUF - Zay Jones, WR
38. LAC - Forrest Lamp, G
39. NYJ - Marcus Maye, S
40. CAR - Curtis Samuel, WR
41. MIN - Dalvin Cook, RB
42. NO - Marcus Williams, S
43. PHI - Sidney Jones, CB
44. LAR - Gerald Everett, TE
45. CHI - Adam Shaheen, TE
46. IND - Quincy Wilson, CB
47. BAL - Tyus Bowser, LB
48. CIN - Joe Mixon, RB
49. WAS - Ryan Anderson, LB
50. TB - Justin Evans, S
51. DEN - DeMarcus Walker, DE

Ants

Starter
Anyone notice that there are a LOT of guys being picked in the 2nd round that aren't necessarily the guys we thought were 2nd round guys...or at least drafted a bit "early" by our standards?
Still lots of good players out there. Everybody (us and teams) sees these guys differently.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
beat me to it..Freakish athletic ability, but is raw.....It makes me nervous when the best that can be measured about him is the Combine stats.....Raw and a JuCo transfer.....

Meanwhile we gave up possibly the best Olineman available in the draft, for this.

Have you studied him? When he played against a higher level of competition he had big games. For example 8 catches 95 yards and the game winning touchdown against SEC foe Mississippi State.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do too. I feel that Everett can be our Jordan Reed. My complaint is that I think an All Pro Center is more valuable to this team than Jordan Reed. JMO.
Just a hypothetical but what's a better combo. Everett and Roullier in the 4th or Lamp and a TE in the 4th you've never heard of. I get the anger but for crying out loud the process isn't over. McVay loves the guy and knows the state of our OLine better than anybody here. Let him and Snead make the picks and we'll see where we stand at the end.

bluecoconuts

Legend

I wanted Lamp too, but if he was there for him and they traded down, they must not have liked something about him.

Ants

Starter
I suspect that Elfien & JuJu are going to go much later that folks here thought.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anyone notice that there are a LOT of guys being picked in the 2nd round that aren't necessarily the guys we thought were 2nd round guys...or at least drafted a bit "early" by our standards?
Who? If anything, some were thought to be 1st rounders...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
tenor.gif