2017 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
He fits the Reed role, but the tiny hands are scary along with the level of competition.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PFF on Everett :

Everett is an athletic freak, earning “top performer” marks at the NFL Combine in the following events: bench press (22 reps, third-most among TEs), vertical jump (37.5 inches, third-best), broad jump (126 inches, fifth-best), 3-cone drill (6.99 seconds, fourth-best) and the 20-yard shuttle (4.33 seconds). That athleticism stands out on his tape, as well. He’s a nightmare to bring down with the ball in his hands—Everett forced 24 missed tackles in 2016, nine more than any other tight end—and his short-term burst, paired with his size and agility, make it quite difficult for linebackers to match up with him one-on-one. He shows no fear of contact when running routes over the middle and his balance is one of his greatest strengths. Everett showed multiple times on film that he’s capable of absorbing a blow before continuing on downfield. He’s raw—a classic case of played basketball in high school and got into football late—and his technique as both a route runner and run blocker need work, but if he’s able to clean that up with NFL coaching, he could be a Pro-Bowl-level tight end. — Billy Moy, @PFF_Billy
I admit that i do like this but these raw prospects are rubbing me the wrong way. From Brian Quick to Greg Robinson. Even back to Fendi Onubun

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everett = brian quick
beat me to it..Freakish athletic ability, but is raw.....It makes me nervous when the best that can be measured about him is the Combine stats.....Raw and a JuCo transfer.....

Meanwhile we gave up possibly the best Olineman available in the draft, for this.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm excited for the pick.

If we trust in McVay's system, then this is an OUTSTANDING pick.

If not, I can see being upset.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Round 2
33. GB - Kevin King, CB
34. JAX - Cam Robinson, OT
35. SEA - Malik McDowell, DE
36. AZ - Budda Baker, S
37. BUF - Zay Jones, WR
38. LAC - Forrest Lamp, G
39. NYJ - Marcus Maye, S
40. CAR - Curtis Samuel, WR
41. MIN - Dalvin Cook, RB
42. NO - Marcus Williams, S
43. PHI - Sidney Jones, CB
44. LAR - Gerald Everett, TE
45. CHI - Adam Shaheen, TE
46. IND - Quincy Wilson, CB
47. BAL - Tyus Bowser, LB
48. CIN - Joe Mixon, RB

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm gonna get behind this guy and hope he pans out. Now on to our two round 3 picks muhahaha!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
McVay will utilize him correctly. He'll probably pan out. But he's not the home run that I wanted.
I get it. I liked Lamp too, but all things considered, we have two more picks today, the WR value wasn't there yet, so we will get that, and we might still be able to pick the 2nd best interior lineman. I would have loved him in the 3rd, you too probably, but he wouldn't have made it there. WR's, and Centers will be. Man, I hope I get one of my WR's now.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
IS that why we got Higbee last year, to be the receiving TE?

Your allowed to have more than one TE who can catch the football. Look at what the Bucs did. They now have two very good receiving TE' s. Pats had Gronk and Hernandez at one time... not a bad plan.

To me he will be as much big WR as he is a TE. My main concern is how smart is he? I mean being from a small school, will be have Brian Quick-like playbook issues?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get it. I liked Lamp too, but all things considered, we have two more picks today, the WR value wasn't there yet, so we will get that, and we might still be able to pick the 2nd best interior lineman. I would have loved him in the 3rd, you too probably, but he wouldn't have made it there. WR's, and Centers will be. Man, I hope I get one of my WR's now.

Cooper Kupp is value anywhere in the second round. ;)

I know the Rams aren't going to take him. That pisses me off. They seem intent on taking athletes.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Round 2
33. GB - Kevin King, CB
34. JAX - Cam Robinson, OT
35. SEA - Malik McDowell, DE
36. AZ - Budda Baker, S
37. BUF - Zay Jones, WR
38. LAC - Forrest Lamp, G
39. NYJ - Marcus Maye, S
40. CAR - Curtis Samuel, WR
41. MIN - Dalvin Cook, RB
42. NO - Marcus Williams, S
43. PHI - Sidney Jones, CB
44. LAR - Gerald Everett, TE
45. CHI - Adam Shaheen, TE
46. IND - Quincy Wilson, CB
47. BAL - Tyus Bowser, LB
48. CIN - Joe Mixon, RB
49. WAS - Ryan Anderson, LB

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Upcoming picks: #69, and #91.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I wonder if they'll try and trade back into the second round. A lot of good players falling. Feeney, Elflein, Juju, Godwin, Awuzie, etc