2017 NFL Draft: Rounds 2-3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Lamp was all that he wouldn't have been the 30-something pick. You guys acting like we passed on a proven HOF player... chill out.

Wait and see. He's everything I've hyped him to be.

He fell to where he did because NFL teams are stupid and undervalue interior OLs.

I never understood the love. After we signed Sullivan the writing was on the wall. He's too light for a Kromer OLineman imo.

Lamp = 6'4" 309
Sullivan = 6'4" 310

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever. I'm just going to move on and try not to let this spoil the draft for me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Round 2
33. GB - Kevin King, CB
34. JAX - Cam Robinson, OT
35. SEA - Malik McDowell, DE
36. AZ - Budda Baker, S
37. BUF - Zay Jones, WR
38. LAC - Forrest Lamp, G
39. NYJ - Marcus Maye, S
40. CAR - Curtis Samuel, WR
41. MIN - Dalvin Cook, RB
42. NO - Marcus Williams, S

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Now is the moment in which I begin drinking. Cheers MFers!

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
What a freaking mistake. Lamp is coming to LA but not to the Rams. I'm furious.

What the freak?! We could have solved the O-line problem right then and there. Damn it! Melvin Gordon is happy, Gurley probably not so much

We had him .... and we let him go.

We continue to rely on Saffold's shoulders and Grob's potential.

:mad:Why draft the best lineman in the draft when you have Greg Robinson starting.

Retarded. Overthinking.

Mcvays first epic fail.

Jesus H Christ you guys...

Most of you spent the entire off season practically ejaculating over every move these guys made...one pick and you're all ready for ritual suicide o_O Give it a chance to play out. They obviously weren't as high on this guy as y'all were. Lets see where it goes before calling it a fail.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Anyone else think Baker was the Rams choice? Az moves just ahead of the Rams to get him, then the Rams trade down??

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sullivan isn't a long term solution and everyone knows it. Most people thought Lamp was going in the mid-late 1st round so the Rams weren't going to leave a gaping whole on the O-line to fill on the off chance that he fell.

Not only do we have plenty of time to draft another Center, but we may have our future C already on the team in Wichmann, Donnal or Brown. Where would Lamp have started in 2017 ? We need our first pick to get on the field right away. jmo.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Sorry but if the Hawks passed on lamp then that says something to me at least. They need o line more than we do. So I'm not upset with the trade down.... depending on who we take hahaha.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_1171.GIF

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake

Most of you spent the entire off season practically ejaculating over every move these guys made...one pick and you're all ready for ritual suicide o_O Give it a chance to play out. They obviously weren't as high on this guy as y'all were. Lets see where it goes before calling it a fail.

this!

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Not only do we have plenty of time to draft another Center, but we may have our future C already on the team in Wichmann, Donnal or Brown. Where would Lamp have started in 2017 ? We need our first pick to get on the field right away. jmo.

He could start anywhere on the line except for LT. He would have been a starter at Guard the day he stepped into the Rams' facility.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Some may claim a lot of us are "overreacting" but if you've suffered watching the Rams lose game after game predominantly due to crummy OL play then what you're seeing is not an "overreaction" but the crushing reality that we passed on a guy who could/should have been a first round pick at a crucial position of need and we failed to pull the trigger.

Folks, that was value and need all wrapped in one neat package.........

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Anyone else think Baker was the Rams choice? Az moves just ahead of the Rams to get him, then the Rams trade down??

Possible. He would have been a great pick for us too. I'm sure we'll find out here sometime tonight, it'll get out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

uWBNthE.png