2017 NFL Draft: Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
there's no way a cb was there. we all saw how quick could rarely catch a mildly contested ball in his early years.

having said that, my dick was so hard when he scored that td against the whiners in his rookie season. we hadn't seen much of him and i thought this guy is gonna be a stud if he can score tds like that. it was beautiful. but it wasn't a contested ball which i found out, as we all did, was a real problem for him. so you can see why they liked him but it's apparent they really didn't test him thoroughly.

Or that the WR coaching at the Rams was sub-par?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Definitely.

In fact, since I know Snead is reading the forum right now:
Les,

I know you're listening. I need you to trust me. We've had a somewhat rocky relationship, but I need you to bare with me here. That guy named Cooper Kupp? Yea, you need to draft him. The only exception is if Forrest Lamp is available. In that case, draft Forrest Lamp and then trade back up for Cooper Kupp. Just trust me on this one, Les. And if you aren't going to trust me, at least draft Zay Jones.

Your friend,
Jrry32

Would you be disappointed if they drafted Smith-Schuster at the top of the second?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
well, there's plenty of execution problems from all the wrs to confirm this. we'll see how he goes with the skins.

Thats what I've been wondering recently - have our WRs been poor because of poor coaching or are they just bad players?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats what I've been wondering recently - have our WRs been poor because of poor coaching or are they just bad players?

i can't wait to find out. if the rams don't draft more than one wr we know they think it's not the players who were the problem.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would you be disappointed if they drafted Smith-Schuster at the top of the second?

No. But I'd be a little surprised. My expectation is that they'd try to move down a few picks in that scenario.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't we know that Lamp is going to be sitting there for us and we are going to take someone else? Isn't that how this works?

Nah. I doubt Lamp makes it to us. But if he does, I think we take him. He's a plug and play Center who will make All Pro teams at that position.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I wonder if anyone is right so far with the rod draft and the real one..... cough cough.....

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Anyone else think we get a guy that none of us expected? I wouldn't be surprised to get a defensive end.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If Lamp is their guy and he is gone we could move down up to 10 spots and still have a choice of great DB's Jones, awuzie, Moreau, Baker etc... all on the board or WR's Samuel, JuJu, Jones. Lots of OL and a couple good TE's in that group as well. I hope someone is QB crazy and wants to move up for Kizer and we move down grab a player from a pool of players with similar value and get a 4th in the deal

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Watched the entire 1st round on NFL network. (Muted during commercials.)

Analyst pros: I always liked Mike Mayock, and of course Rich Eisen is a lot more tolerable than Berman, who thankfully retired. Never liked Steve Smith as "that angry player" but he did okay in his first try here.

Analyst cons: My personal pet peeve is hearing "I mean" as the first thing out of anyone's mouth. A horrible bad habit that everyone seems to pick up on. It's become an epidemic. Some of these guys said "I mean" in every sentence. It's extremely annoying. Was just watching an interview with McVay and he actually listens to the question and forms an answer in his mind rather than just blurting out "I mean" to buy time. Hats off to you, Sean. In contrast, Havenstein's interview was terrible.

Draft pick pros: Liked seeing Bolles bring his baby up there. Though I got nervous that the little tike might get accidentally dropped.

Draft pick cons: That idiot swearing on TV. The F word, really?? Yeah it's tough to lose a grandma but "Losing it" on live tv was wrong. Keep the emotions in check and save it for the football field. Tuck in that lower lip and get off the arm-thrusting "had a rough life" podium. Another annoyance: Does any draft pick NOT mention being "blessed" and that he's "ready to get to work"?

I kept up with the draft online at Yahoo sports (an ugly, nasty collage of crap slowing down the page) and Turf Show times. I usually like keeping up with TFT but I felt dumber the more I read the draft comments there. Just the nonsense people posted made me wanna smack 'em. Like lamenting after almost every pick: "Darn it, there goes another one!" Some of them seriously need to relax. We only get 1 pick in the 1st 2 rounds, guys! Can't have 'em all. BTW on Yahoo ads... NFL draft hats? Really? Who buys that garbage?

2nd round: Whoever the Rams pick is fine with me as long as the player doesn't bust. I'm not gonna pretend to know college players and put on my little Kiper wig and say who I think they should pick. I'm sure they know who they need most. It would be interesting to see them pull a "trade down."

Last edited:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ce95bef30f0fe1b77135991cac5dfb3c402688c5d18f0cfa90d467ab901ca9c2.jpg
giphy.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And we know the Rams have met with him multiple times but Lamp could be who he's referring to.
IF the Rams where to move up, Which I don't think they will, it would probably be for Lamp!(y) They really have there pick of "5" good WR's still on the Board!;):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It'd be perfect if the Jets really wanted Kizer and were worried someone else was going to leap frog them and traded up two spots with us to get him. I'd think their 7th pick of Round 2 and 43rd pick of Round 3 would get it from us.
This sounds all well and good, but it depends a lot on how the 1st 4 picks go! IF there's a run on WR's to start the 2nd round, I say NO to any Trade Down! JMHO

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Definitely.

In fact, since I know Snead is reading the forum right now:
Les,

I know you're listening. I need you to trust me. We've had a somewhat rocky relationship, but I need you to bare with me here. That guy named Cooper Kupp? Yea, you need to draft him. The only exception is if Forrest Lamp is available. In that case, draft Forrest Lamp and then trade back up for Cooper Kupp. Just trust me on this one, Les. And if you aren't going to trust me, at least draft Zay Jones.

Your friend,
Jrry32
Even If Les doesn't Trust your Judgment jrry32,you can take comfort in the Fact;):D I do!!(y)

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Watched the entire 1st round on NFL network. (Muted during commercials.)

Analyst pros: I always liked Mike Mayock, and of course Rich Eisen is a lot more tolerable than Berman, who thankfully retired. Never liked Steve Smith as "that angry player" but he did okay in his first try here.

Analyst cons: My personal pet peeve is hearing "I mean" as the first thing out of anyone's mouth. A horrible bad habit that everyone seems to pick up on. It's become an epidemic. Some of these guys said "I mean" in every sentence. It's extremely annoying. Was just watching an interview with McVay and he actually listens to the question and forms an answer in his mind rather than just blurting out "I mean" to buy time. Hats off to you, Sean. In contrast, Havenstein's interview was terrible.

Draft pick pros: Liked seeing Bolles bring his baby up there. Though I got nervous that the little tike might get accidentally dropped.

Draft pick cons: That idiot swearing on TV. The F word, really?? Yeah it's tough to lose a grandma but "Losing it" on live tv was wrong. Keep the emotions in check and save it for the football field. Tuck in that lower lip and get off the arm-thrusting "had a rough life" podium. Another annoyance: Does any draft pick NOT mention being "blessed" and that he's "ready to get to work"?

I kept up with the draft online at Yahoo sports (an ugly, nasty collage of crap slowing down the page) and Turf Show times. I usually like keeping up with TFT but I felt dumber the more I read the draft comments there. Just the nonsense people posted made me wanna smack 'em. Like lamenting after almost every pick: "Darn it, there goes another one!" Some of them seriously need to relax. We only get 1 pick in the 1st 2 rounds, guys! Can't have 'em all. BTW on Yahoo ads... NFL draft hats? Really? Who buys that garbage?

2nd round: Whoever the Rams pick is fine with me as long as the player doesn't bust. I'm not gonna pretend to know college players and put on my little Kiper wig and say who I think they should pick. I'm sure they know who they need most. It would be interesting to see them pull a "trade down."

Dude
Hilarious
Hahahahahhahahhahah

image.jpeg