2017 NFL Draft: Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With Lamp still on the board I think he is the guy Snead is targeting considering how much he loved and still loves Zach Martin. If he is not there not many attractive options to beef up the O line at 37.
IDK, Dan Feeney is still out there, and I think Cam Robison is better fitted at OG than OT! JMO

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@DaveFan'51

Fanzy son how's it looking for the Rams today? I was in the land of nod last night, I take it there are a few gems for us at 37?

I'm going for a few beers and a curry soon (I lost the NFL curry bet to Dolphins, Saints and Cowboys fans and have to pay for me and those three chumps :unsure:) but will be back later to see our pick.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
@DaveFan'51

Fanzy son how's it looking for the Rams today? I was in the land of nod last night, I take it there are a few gems for us at 37?

I'm going for a few beers and a curry soon (I lost the NFL curry bet to Dolphins, Saints and Cowboys fans and have to pay for me and those three chumps :unsure:) but will be back later to see our pick.
I'll be on Pins-n-Needles until the Rams pick! The two Fools at NFLN ( Bucky Brooks and Brian Bolldinger ) have the Rams Taking RB - Alvin Kamara at #37 I Laughed out Loud when I heard that this morning!!

My best guess is the Rams go WR at #37!

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm all over that Fanzy, great shout. I'm looking forward to it already.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
I posted this earlier, but in the wrong thread! Sorry, I lurk here many, many times each day, but rarely post!

I'll start by sharing I'm frustrated how well SF AND Seattle did yesterday. Some very smart moves by both.

Like many of you, I think we can finally lay to rest the whole "BPA" argument. Very, very few teams took that approach. Instead, it was "BPA in our position of need!"

I won't pretend to know what the Rams' plans are. That said, I simply think we have too many holes to fill and not enough picks to fill them, obviously. I think it's imperative we do all we can for Goff in terms of both weapons and protection (sorry, Wade!). Given that so many top players dropped, there isn't a true distinguished/obvious WR out there (but many nice options) and we have so many holes, I don't recall a better time to trade back.

Of course, that requires a trade partner. I would be willing to move to the early/mid-50's in return for a late 3rd/early 4th pick in this draft. I think it's that deep. Just my opinion.

Here is how I would like to see it play out under both staying put and trading back:

Stand pat
2nd If Lamp gone, WR- Jones/JJ
3rd TE- Everett/Butt/Shaheen
4th OL/CB

*Notice how one of 4 positions of need (not even including FS/edge) go unattended. Tough to find contributors after round 5, exceptions aside.

Trade down to early/mid 50's
2nd OL- Feeney/Elflein OR Godwin/Kupp
3rd OL (Pocic?)/WR depending on mid 50's pick above
3rd/4th via trade TE- Everett/Butt/Shaaheen
4th CB

In this deep of a CB draft and given our needs, I wait until the 4th.

WisconsinRam

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Niners already saying Foster's shoulder will require reconstructive surgery before he can play.