2017 NFL Draft: Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Know what?

A trade down of 6-10 spots would be a smart value move at this point. Real smart.

Based on remaining players, we could not fail to get a terrific player at that new spot.

Don't know what the chart says, but we might gain a late 3rd or an early to mid 4th, at the very least. In THIS draft, that's huge.

Not sure if any team would be interested in trading up with us, though. But after that wild 1st round, who knows?

I'm not in love with any one player this year. No "must haves" for me. So, if no attractive trade down offers come in, and Lamp is gone, I say take best remaining D player at #37. Then get our WR, TE, and C in rounds 3-5.
It'd be perfect if the Jets really wanted Kizer and were worried someone else was going to leap frog them and traded up two spots with us to get him. I'd think their 7th pick of Round 2 and 43rd pick of Round 3 would get it from us.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
When you here Les Snead say his top 8 players were still on the board at Pick 30, you got to feel pretty good on where this draft is going.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Word is GB is shopping pick #33.

i can't believe the rams were in this position in 2012 with the pick of the best remaining players and took the brian quick route. cordy glenn, the ultimate value meets need player, went bye bye.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i can't believe the rams were in this position in 2012 with the pick of the best remaining players and took the brian quick route. cordy glenn, the ultimate value meets need player, went bye bye.

I know, man. That was just all around terrible. This was my post after the first round on Thursday night back in 2012:
#33 - Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
#39 - Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
#45 - Lavonte David OLB Nebraska

I guess the only solace we can take is that Fisher might have found a way to fuck up Jeffery's and Glenn's careers?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you here Les Snead say his top 8 players were still on the board at Pick 30, you got to feel pretty good on where this draft is going.

Definitely.

In fact, since I know Snead is reading the forum right now:
Les,

I know you're listening. I need you to trust me. We've had a somewhat rocky relationship, but I need you to bare with me here. That guy named Cooper Kupp? Yea, you need to draft him. The only exception is if Forrest Lamp is available. In that case, draft Forrest Lamp and then trade back up for Cooper Kupp. Just trust me on this one, Les. And if you aren't going to trust me, at least draft Zay Jones.

Your friend,
Jrry32

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they must have sent him out on some pretty easy routes because that would have been the only way he could wow them.

it seemed like bill devaney was still involved somehow when that pick was read out. i'm sure every single rams fan was going brian quick who? who is this guy? that's not very good with the 1st pick of the second round.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Any chance defense comes first tomorrow? If the Rams go defense, who would you want given the board now?

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
they must have sent him out on some pretty easy routes because that would have been the only way he could wow them.

it seemed like bill devaney was still involved somehow when that pick was read out. i'm sure every single rams fan was going brian quick who? who is this guy? that's not very good with the 1st pick of the second round.

Yea, I remember losing it when they leaked the pick earlier that day. Did not get it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There have been 2 draft picks in recent years that I still get annoyed about and they both came in Rd 2 of the 2012 draft - they are Brian Quick and Isaiah Pead - I didn't get the picks - especially Quick, with so many other players graded higher.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I can't imagine the Hawks passing on Lamp if he gets to them. Not a thought I enjoy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any chance defense comes first tomorrow? If the Rams go defense, who would you want given the board now?

Tim Williams OLB from Alabama and Tyus Bowser OLB from Houston would be the two I'd consider.(but I still prefer going offense)

There are some good CBs, but the depth in this draft makes it more logical to wait.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm probably alone on this but if Lamp is gone and you can't trade down, Shaheen would be an option for me here

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hqdefault.jpg

Get it done Les! Wide RECEIVER. Let's prioritise actually catching the damn ball!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

there's no way a cb was there. we all saw how quick could rarely catch a mildly contested ball in his early years.

having said that, my dick was so hard when he scored that td against the whiners in his rookie season. we hadn't seen much of him and i thought this guy is gonna be a stud if he can score tds like that. it was beautiful. but it wasn't a contested ball which i found out, as we all did, was a real problem for him. so you can see why they liked him but it's apparent they really didn't test him thoroughly.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Don't we know that Lamp is going to be sitting there for us and we are going to take someone else? Isn't that how this works?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

Hindsight is a beautiful thing - but I can't remember any of us fans being excited by the pick on the day - here's what NFL.com said about his weakness'.

"He hasn't shown the ability to run by big-time corners at his level" and "He sometimes has trouble adjusting to poorly thrown balls but normally can make the play using his strong hands."

And this comment I find interesting "professional coaching could help mold Quick into a game changer at the next level. He is a reliable hands catcher who has the catching radius and grip strength to bring down any ball thrown near his area."

Makes you wonder what he could have been! I hope that he doesn't turn into a stud at Washington!