2017 NFL Draft: Round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I really want Juju, but I'm scared to take a USC receiver. They almost never seem to make the transition.

Chris Godwin for me, but I'd still be happy with Juju.

I'm with you on Godwin, if they feel the need to go wideout which I would understand. He's my wideout at that spot and if for whatever reason they want Juju I trust them.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What's wrong with Cam Robinson? 15th rated player still there. Do we dare draft an OT named Robinson?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This could be where Joe Mixon comes off the board too. GB, SEA, CHI

I'd like that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
And the way it looks, we could possibly trade down a half dozen picks and still get Feeney who can play Center right?

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Lamp would be an awesome pickup, even if they have to trade for him. He can be a mauler in the run game as well as protect Goff in the passing game. The 49ers and the Cardinals just made big pass rushing/front 7 investments. The Rams need to counter with an immediate upgrade at Guard.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Also the best player on the offense is a RB. Drafting a non-blocking receiving TE doesn't make much sense. How many TEs are true impact players in the league? What were those players draft positions and how long did they take to develop. I feel like TE is not a good investment at 37. Beef up the horrible line.

With Lamp still on the board I think he is the guy Snead is targeting considering how much he loved and still loves Zach Martin. If he is not there not many attractive options to beef up the O line at 37.

Completely disagree with your take on TEs. We have a coach who's "non blocking TE" lead his team in targets and TDs when healthy. Jordan Reed, Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz, Greg Olson, Tyler Eifert, Kyle Rudolph, Hunter Henry just to name a few guys who are impact TEs all drafted fairly early and were at least somewhat productive as rookies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And the way it looks, we could possibly trade down a half dozen picks and still get Feeney who can play Center right?

I think a trade down would be good because even if he's not there they can fill other positions and get an extra pick they need.

Makes me wonder what they think of the Centers overall though. If they don't like them or see big dropoff from Lamp and Feeney to them then they might not be willing to risk it.

Ram65

Legend
Lamp for me.

Everett can set a tone with his power and balance. Too early? I guess.

FRO

Legend
With Lamp still on the board I think he is the guy Snead is targeting considering how much he loved and still loves Zach Martin. If he is not there not many attractive options to beef up the O line at 37.

Completely disagree with your take on TEs. We have a coach who's "non blocking TE" lead his team in targets and TDs when healthy. Jordan Reed, Rob Gronkowski, Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz, Greg Olson, Tyler Eifert, Kyle Rudolph, Hunter Henry just to name a few guys who are impact TEs all drafted fairly early and were at least somewhat productive as rookies.
I stand corrected on the TE debate, that being said I still don't like Everette at 37. Don't think Lamp makes it there (think Seattle nabs him). Would much rather get Jake Butt later or the Ashland kid. Draft is TE deep.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I thought WR, JuJu or Zay, but if King is there.....
I don't want to trade either way unless we can still get one of these three. Just let the draft come to you.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
What's wrong with Cam Robinson? 15th rated player still there. Do we dare draft an OT named Robinson?

Might be a better fit in a Kromer OL than Lamp imo. I think most have him pegged to be Seattle's next pick, but if he gets by them i'd be all over it at 37. Likely play a back-up role this year, but could easily replace Saffold as an OG in 2018 and become our swing OT. His size projects better than Lamp as an OG, and since we already picked up Sullivan at Center with an eye towards developing perhaps another of our younger players in Wichmann, Donnal or Brown as an eventual replacement center, not sure if Lamp remains a proper fit. Also allows us to look for a Center later in the draft if we still have that in mind for 2018 starter competition. jmo.

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Know what?

A trade down of 6-10 spots would be a smart value move at this point. Real smart.

Based on remaining players, we could not fail to get a terrific player at that new spot.

Don't know what the chart says, but we might gain a late 3rd or an early to mid 4th, at the very least. In THIS draft, that's huge.

Not sure if any team would be interested in trading up with us, though. But after that wild 1st round, who knows?

I'm not in love with any one player this year. No "must haves" for me. So, if no attractive trade down offers come in, and Lamp is gone, I say take best remaining D player at #37. Then get our WR, TE, and C in rounds 3-5.