20 Random Preseason Thoug—ER—Questions!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
1. Sean McVay and Matthew Stafford, two elite performers previously separated by 2,281 miles have just been suddenly thrown into the mix together. How can we have the slightest idea of what to expect?

2. Was Brian Allen elevated to starting center because he was that good, or because Bobby Evans (believed to be slated to take over the RG spot if Austin Corbett moved to center) was that bad?

3. Will Darrell Henderson stay healthy enough to be the RB1, or is it going to be Sony Michel's job?

4. Is Van Jefferson the biggest sleeper on the offense, or will it be one of the rookies?

5. How many deep completions before DJax is regarded as a FA steal?

6. Does Andrew Whitworth have 17+ upper-tier LT games left in him?

7. Could Aaron Donald become the first 4 time NFL Defensive Player of the Year recipient?

8. What will Leonard Floyd do for an encore?

9. Is David Long finally ready for a rotation spot?

10. Will A'Shawn Robinson and Bobby Brown make us forget Michael Brockers?

11. Is this still a Top 5 defense?

12. Is Matthew Stafford an MVP candidate?

13. Who is our kickoff returner?

14. Will Tutu Atwell make an impact as a rookie?

15. Who will emerge as Floyd's bookend... Lewis? Garrett? Someone else? Nobody?

16. Will the Rams get over their recent struggles against the 49ers, while continuing their success against the Seahawks and Cardinals?

17. Will the Rams have a home field advantage at SoFi?

18. Will AvengerRam freeze his Floridian tuchus off in late November at Lambeau?

19. Will the Rams play a home game in February?

20. Did I leave anything out?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wondering Question Mark GIF by xponentialdesign

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
A belated shana Tovah

21. What new wrinkles will we see in Raheem Morris' defense?

22. Will the starters be crisp from the opening whistle or will they need a quarter or half to adjust?

23. Will any starters surprise fans; potentially there are scenarios I see where they name Rochell a starter over Long Jr.

24. Will Rams fans dominate the stands in SOFI or will we make excuses that Bears fans travel well?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My take on a few of these;

1. Sean McVay and Matthew Stafford, two elite performers previously separated by 2,281 miles have just been suddenly thrown into the mix together. How can we have the slightest idea of what to expect?

It really is wild to think it's a new offense, new team, and the starters never played a down in pre-season. I expect some clunkiness, at the same time... I sort of don't expect any.

They sat the starters because the Rams are confident they are ready. So, they better be ready.

3. Will Darrell Henderson stay healthy enough to be the RB1, or is it going to be Sony Michel's job?

I think DH is RB1 to start the season... but I believe Sony will take the RB1 role in short time.

11. Is this still a Top 5 defense?

We need it to be top 10, IMO. But top 5 would make us very-very dangerous.

I placed a wager on it. So... I hope so!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Man... I've seen so much speculation on our center position.

Here's what I can state with 100% confidence. Our coaching staff will put the best option we have at center. That is EXACTLY what they will do and there can be no doubt about that whatsoever. That doesn't mean we have a HOF level talent at the position currently, but it is ludacris to think that any coaching staff in the NFL would decide that the best thing to do at any position is to not start the best player available for it.

My oldest son and Jay Gruden's son used to play on the same HS team. Jay and I used to sit next to each other during practices and games. At that time, Jay was still coaching our arena-league team here in Orlando. He would tell me constantly how it was almost impossible for him to find ANY quality O-Line players for his team in that league. He would tell me how even the below average O-Line players were all snatched up by the NFL. He was left with the bottom of the barrel or worse in that league. He told me about how difficult it was even at the NFL level to find quality O-Line players... he of course knew this because of his brother Jon. Apparently it's one of every coaches biggest nightmares when you get to any level of pro football... finding quality O-Line players is extremely difficult to do. Especially at all 5 positions. Every single team STRUGGLES with this. Every Single Team.

dang

Legend
IMO Michel will be RB1A (15-18 touches) to Henderson’s RB1B (10-13 touches) by week 3.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
AvengerRam said:
18. Will AvengerRam freeze his Floridian tuchus off in late November at Lambeau?
Tano:
This is the one that I give the highest probability to.

I think we all have our concerns about Avenger-Ram's 'tuchus'.

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Who will replace Morgan Fox as a rotational pass rusher and will we forget him? Will it be Hoecht, Williams, or someone else?

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
5. How many deep completions before DJax is regarded as a FA steal?
5. DJax will be in plenty of highlights in 2021, even if he's more of a rotational player.
7. Could Aaron Donald become the first 4 time NFL Defensive Player of the Year recipient?
50/50. It's a tough award to win as a lineman, but the 4X thing works in his favor. If he's in the picture, he's getting a boost to make history.
Yep. Great player, Great story. Great offense.
17. Will the Rams have a home field advantage at SoFi?
Not against the "travelling" NFL fanbases. It's not a dig against L.A. fans, but the scalpers have the advantage. Most importantly, against the NFC West, yes.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
IMO Michel will be RB1A (15-18 touches) to Henderson’s RB1B (10-13 touches) by week 3.

I think Sony will be more of the 3rd down back, as he's an excellent blocker. And also more short yardage situations. I think Hendo will get more 1st and 2nd down touches.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My only question is this: who are we going to crush in the Super Bowl?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I think DH is RB1 to start the season... but I believe Sony will take the RB1 role in short time.
Agree. This is the plan. Get him acclimated and up to speed and use Hendo as the #2 which is what his role originally was/is behind Akers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Giants, Bears, Packers, Steelers, Eagles fans don't really "travel well." They have large fanbases and more to the point...they transplant from East to West. They LIVE in California and Arizona etc.

Cowboys fans are like the plague, especially here in AZ. It's prob the same in Cali. Although i will say that it's not as bad as it used to be here. It took quite awhile but once the Cardinals built their own stadium and went to that SB in '08(?) they've built a fairly large fanbase here these days.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Will ROD members remain patience as Stafford and McVay work out the kinks?

You know kinda like Arians and Brady had their not so good moments.
I am expecting it , but maybe not as much as the Bucs last year, because I don't
see McVay being as hard headed as Arians when it comes to adjusting to what his QB does best.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Will ROD members remain patience as Stafford and McVay work out the kinks?

You know kinda like Arians and Brady had their not so good moments.
I am expecting it , but maybe not as much as the Bucs last year, because I don't
see McVay being as hard headed as Arians when it comes to adjusting to what his QB does best.
and they had to deal with covid. so no preseason. I don't think there will be that kind of head butting that Arian and Brady had. I think it starts fast. Remember Goff's first game under McVay? Goff came out on fire with next to no experience. Stafford has lots of experience and it looks like the coach and QB are on the same page. I predict fast start.
Also I predict not much patients from ROD if they start slow.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
and they had to deal with covid. so no preseason. I don't think there will be that kind of head butting that Arian and Brady had. I think it starts fast. Remember Goff's first game under McVay? Goff came out on fire with next to no experience. Stafford has lots of experience and it looks like the coach and QB are on the same page. I predict fast start.
Very excellent point I had forgotten about.
And I hope your are right as to the fast start.
I'm sure McVAY has some new seasoning to add to the sauce.
also heard of Stafford and the WR's , TE's hooking up during off season as well.
So maybe the transition will be smoother than I had projected

Also in agreement