20 Random Preseason Thoug—ER—Questions!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some answers...
AvengerRam said:
1. Sean McVay and Matthew Stafford, two elite performers previously separated by 2,281 miles have just been suddenly thrown into the mix together. How can we have the slightest idea of what to expect?
Overall, it went pretty darn well. Stafford finishes with 41 TD passes, a 102 passer rating, and his first 12 win season/division title.
2. Was Brian Allen elevated to starting center because he was that good, or because Bobby Evans (believed to be slated to take over the RG spot if Austin Corbett moved to center) was that bad?
They apparently liked Allen, who played better than most expected. Not sold on him long term, though.
3. Will Darrell Henderson stay healthy enough to be the RB1, or is it going to be Sony Michel's job?
Nope... and, yep.
4. Is Van Jefferson the biggest sleeper on the offense, or will it be one of the rookies?
Jefferson had a nice Sophomore season.
5. How many deep completions before DJax is regarded as a FA steal?
Um... never mind.
6. Does Andrew Whitworth have 17+ upper-tier LT games left in him?
Apart from a COVID absence...yes.
7. Could Aaron Donald become the first 4 time NFL Defensive Player of the Year recipient?
TJ Watt will likely get the award this year, but Donald had another all-pro season.
8. What will Leonard Floyd do for an encore?
A good year, though I think he was slowed with a lingering ankle issue in the latter part of the season.
9. Is David Long finally ready for a rotation spot?
Nope (though he played a lot out of necessity).
10. Will A'Shawn Robinson and Bobby Brown make us forget Michael Brockers?
I meant Greg Gaines! :cool:
11. Is this still a Top 5 defense?
Sadly, no.
12. Is Matthew Stafford an MVP candidate?
I meant Cooper Kupp! :cool:
13. Who is our kickoff returner?
Ultimately, Brandon Powell (who's had some nice moments in the past few weeks).
14. Will Tutu Atwell make an impact as a rookie?
Nope. Maybe next year.
15. Who will emerge as Floyd's bookend... Lewis? Garrett? Someone else? Nobody?
We all knew it would be Von Miller, right?
16. Will the Rams get over their recent struggles against the 49ers, while continuing their success against the Seahawks and Cardinals?
No, yes, and ask me next week.
17. Will the Rams have a home field advantage at SoFi?
They didn't yesterday.
18. Will AvengerRam freeze his Floridian tuchus off in late November at Lambeau?
No... my son's torn ACL scuttled that plan. But, with the Rams and Packers both winning their division, the Rams will be back there next season, so....
19. Will the Rams play a home game in February?
TBD
20. Did I leave anything out?
Probably something about OBJ.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
1. Sean McVay and Matthew Stafford, two elite performers previously separated by 2,281 miles have just been suddenly thrown into the mix together. How can we have the slightest idea of what to expect?

2. Was Brian Allen elevated to starting center because he was that good, or because Bobby Evans (believed to be slated to take over the RG spot if Austin Corbett moved to center) was that bad?

3. Will Darrell Henderson stay healthy enough to be the RB1, or is it going to be Sony Michel's job?

4. Is Van Jefferson the biggest sleeper on the offense, or will it be one of the rookies?

5. How many deep completions before DJax is regarded as a FA steal?

6. Does Andrew Whitworth have 17+ upper-tier LT games left in him?

7. Could Aaron Donald become the first 4 time NFL Defensive Player of the Year recipient?

8. What will Leonard Floyd do for an encore?

9. Is David Long finally ready for a rotation spot?

10. Will A'Shawn Robinson and Bobby Brown make us forget Michael Brockers?

11. Is this still a Top 5 defense?

12. Is Matthew Stafford an MVP candidate?

13. Who is our kickoff returner?

14. Will Tutu Atwell make an impact as a rookie?

15. Who will emerge as Floyd's bookend... Lewis? Garrett? Someone else? Nobody?

16. Will the Rams get over their recent struggles against the 49ers, while continuing their success against the Seahawks and Cardinals?

17. Will the Rams have a home field advantage at SoFi?

18. Will AvengerRam freeze his Floridian tuchus off in late November at Lambeau?

19. Will the Rams play a home game in February?

20. Did I leave anything out?
Fun lookback.
1- I think what we saw is about what was expected out of the relationship.. or slightly under. The turnovers were definitely more of a problem than I expected.
2- Both
3-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!
4-I would argue that Cooper Kupp was the sleeper. He went from "really solid WR" to "ABSOLUTE SUPERSTAR". His jump was greater than anyone else's jump.
5-Still waiting for an answer. lol
6-YUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!
7-Yes, but won't be because of voter fatigue, not because he's not the best defensive player, by a significant amount.
8-Give a repeat performance
9-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!
10- And Greg Gaines! Yes, absolutely.
11-No
12-Yes
13- Wasn't on the roster at the time you asked.
14-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... no
15- No one.. made a trade!
16-Fuck no
17-Fuck no
18-
19-Seems improbable, but not impossible
20- Will we see real growth from McVay this year?