1st Round | Pick 10, Rams select: RB Todd Gurley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure, but I think you made my point?

Expecting this kid to excel behind a line that consists of:
LT Robinson - still green
LG Cann - rookie (very green)
C Rhaney, Jones, Barnes - no experience, green
RG Saffold - Yea! But has an injury history (and off season surgery, I think)
RT Barksdale - average, at best

You're right, no magic wands there... but my hope is some trades and cap casualties... that's the only way this picture might change dramatically for the better.

As always, JMO.

I don't know what your point was lol. I agree with above. But you have to expect Robinson to improve this year. Not so green or at least should not be. The Centers have been in the system so there is still some experience there. Saffold played 16 games last year is a very good RG, concerned yes, but he is a very good player.

My question is you didn't like the Gurley pick. Who did you want there. If you wanted oline you raise all the same concerns you did above.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Amazing that people didn't want Gurley to fall to the Seahawks, Cardinals or 49ers but now that the Rams have him it is a bad pick. Just because they didn't take an offensive lineman in the first round that doesn't mean the season is over lol. Let's see how the season plays out first before bashing everything they do.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I wanna see all these comments....Yeah no Flowers, but we can still get Donovan Smith...add that to Lael Collins or Ali Marpet or Cann....

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Amazing that people didn't want Gurley to fall to the Seahawks, Cardinals or 49ers but now that the Rams have him it is a bad pick. Just because they didn't take an offensive lineman in the first round that doesn't mean the season is over lol. Let's see how the season plays out first before bashing everything they do.

Who's bashing? It's okay to disagree with a pick. It's the draft, it's no fun if everyone agrees. The minute everyone is pleased is the minute I start to worry.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you wanted oline you raise all the same concerns you did above.
Yes, I agree... but at least I would have addressed it in some fashion.

As we sit here, we're in the same boat we were in this time yesterday. I was hoping to see at least one Oline position addressed.

Don't get me wrong... I am upset, but I'm not going nuclear.

Relying on the remainder of the draft (more "greenness") and guys like Blalock and Barksdale just don't allay my concerns. Just me.

Like I said, hoping for some trades or cap casualties...

Thowing journeymen, old guys with injury histories and rooks at this Oline just doesn't seem like a plan for 2015 (maybe 2016, if they draft solid line help this year).

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Who's bashing? It's okay to disagree with a pick. It's the draft, it's no fun if everyone agrees. The minute everyone is pleased is the minute I start to worry.

I've seen people not happy that the Rams didn't sign any of the top free agent offensive lineman. I've seen people say that the Gurley pick was horrible. I'm just saying that this regime has a plan. Let it start to play out more before condemning them for not taking an O lineman with the first round pick. I will start to worry if training camp starts and they have not done much to help the O line.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fish and Co. trusted their research and plan. They drafted the player at #10 that was ranked the highest on their board.

It should be obvious to us that the O-line talent that was available at 10 didn't compare talent wise as far as their research went. If there was a true bad ass tackle still available... I gotta believe they would have drafted him. But that wasn't an option.

If you don't trust and stick to your plan... then you really don't have a plan at all. Not following through on your plan is called flying by the seat of your pants.

Round 1 is over... not the entire draft.

I have a sneaking suspicion that an O-line player or 2 might be selected in the next few rounds.

I hate the bulldogs... but I am now a huge Gurley Fan.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I've seen people not happy that the Rams didn't sign any of the top free agent offensive lineman. I've seen people say that the Gurley pick was horrible. I'm just saying that this regime has a plan. Let it start to play out more before condemning them for not taking an O lineman with the first round pick. I will start to worry if training camp starts and they have not done much to help the O line.

That's fair. I won't back off from saying thought it should have been Peat, but I do think most people are just discussing, not bashing.

Although one could argue it's a hell of a slow developing plan. Lol

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Hate to say it but I'm hoping we skip the development QB and just go OL for our next picks...... Davis and especially Keenum might need to be enough. Not thrilled with any of the QB's left anyway......

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Hate to say it but I'm hoping we skip the development QB and just go OL for our next picks...... Davis and especially Keenum might need to be enough. Not thrilled with any of the QB's left anyway......
I don't agree with picking straight OL as there might not be value in that, but I do agree with skipping QB for now. None of these QBs excite me.

I'm good there until Rd. 6 or 7.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
This year is a terrible year for top oline talent, its pretty deep but there weren't any elite linemen. There wasn't any linemen I would have wanted at 10 so I'm pretty happy overall with Gurley.

A55VA6

Legend
Gurley looks pretty good in them horns...

CD45NaXWEAAB-YU.png

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Fish and Co. trusted their research and plan. They drafted the player at #10 that was ranked the highest on their board.

It should be obvious to us that the O-line talent that was available at 10 didn't compare talent wise as far as their research went. If there was a true bad ass tackle still available... I gotta believe they would have drafted him. But that wasn't an option.

If you don't trust and stick to your plan... then you really don't have a plan at all. Not following through on your plan is called flying by the seat of your pants.

Round 1 is over... not the entire draft.

I have a sneaking suspicion that an O-line player or 2 might be selected in the next few rounds.

I hate the bulldogs... but I am now a huge Gurley Fan.

View: https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/593946269904678912

I don't think Fisher would have taken Oline had it been there.

A55VA6

Legend
On NFL Network, Baldinger and Casserly were asked who got the steal of the 1st round and both said Rams, even at pick #10. Casserly said Gurley is the best player in the draft.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Wonder what number he'll take was #3 in college, both 23 (McLeod) and 33 (Gaines) are taken, 43 is available, but I'm not a fan of elite RBs having a number in the 40s

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Alright Mem - we get it. I need you to stop cussing us and the organization out. You have been on quite a tear lately. We allow curse words on here but you are getting abusive with the privilege. What you are doing is akin to using all caps in your responses. Keep in mind. You are sharing a beer with us at a bar. Frankly, I'd be walking you out the door long ago.

You're right. I've had time to mull it over, and I want to apologize to everyone. I still don't like the pick, but I shouldn't have said what I said.