08.08.24 Dallas Cowboys scrimmage

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I still don't understand your lack of faith in this DBs group. White and Williams are two top corners in the league and it sounds like the safety position is much improved with Lake, JJ, Curl and Kinchens
I know White can play but he feels like an injury dice roll right now. And Williams is good for a specific usage, but is also already dealing with injury.

Lake will probably be our nickel it seems. But what happens when teams start lining him up with speed on the inside. He may be a revelation. Not sure about him though.

Safeties I do believe in. Been saying a while now they're our best room on defense. But I have a sneaking suspicion we'll be relying on Durant again, and from one vid I saw of today's camp he sure seemed to be giving up a lot of completions and still seems contact shy.

I think corner is a defining unit for our defense. If they perform well we will have a fantastic defense, so I hope you are right.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Verse seems to have that innate ability to twist his body and sort of make himself skinny when rushing the passer, giving the opposing O Lineman a much smaller target to block. Should serve him very well.

Robert Quinn was a master of this.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you had told me going into game 1 that our Oline could be a problem and our D line might just destroy in pass rush, I would have laughed.
Of course most would have laughed if someone said we would finish the season 10-7 last year by winning 7 out of 8 and only losing the one game in OT to close out the season.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of course most would have laughed if someone said we would finish the season 10-7 last year by winning 7 out of 8 and only losing the one game in OT to close out the season.
With the worst special teams in the league! Trendy upwards after yet another great draft :)

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe the Rams and Cowboys game will be televised on the NFL network on Sunday.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I think you're right. If you look when the line stands up between the LT and RG you can see a number 8 standing on the side.
Yeah, Byron Young has that flap hanging down out of the back of his shirt and Verse doesn’t.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah, Byron Young has that flap hanging down out of the back of his shirt and Verse doesn’t.
Everything I've read and heard about Young is he's really taken a step forward. Looking really good this year. He could be a double digit sack guy. Especially if Fiske is as disruptive during the season as he is in camp. Teams might have to double him or Kobie Turner leaving more one on one's with Young and Verse.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I think that’s B.Y.
It's hard to tell. At moments during the rush the number looks like 0 and then briefly it looks like 8. Either way, I'll take it.

EDIT: Someone else mentioned the pad on B Young's back. Yes it is there and in another vid you see V8 without a pad on the lower back. This vid is of Young. Still awesome to see the both of them doing their thing.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It's hard to tell. At moments during the rush the number looks like 0 and then briefly it looks like 8. Either way, I'll take it.

EDIT: Someone else mentioned the pad on B Young's back. Yes it is there and in another vid you see V8 without a pad on the lower back. This vid is of Young. Still awesome to see the both of them doing their thing.
I typed RG instead of LG. But if you freeze it when the line stands up to get in blocking position you can clearly see number 8 standing there watching on the side between the LT and LG. At first Young's jersey did look like an 8. Which is why the guy thought it was Verse.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Everything I've read and heard about Young is he's really taken a step forward. Looking really good this year. He could be a double digit sack guy. Especially if Fiske is as disruptive during the season as he is in camp. Teams might have to double him or Kobie Turner leaving more one on one's with Young and Verse.
This could be a really big deal this year. Excited to see if he can do it.

LOURam85

UDFA
I still don't understand your lack of faith in this DBs group. White and Williams are two top corners in the league and it sounds like the safety position is much improved with Lake, JJ, Curl and Kinchens
White coming off injury and Williams already side lined …. Hopefully what Durant been doing in the off season he does when the the lights … so yes there are legitimate reasons to be worried and legitimate reasons to have faith in them

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Lake will probably be our nickel it seems. But what happens when teams start lining him up with speed on the inside. He may be a revelation. Not sure about him though.
We saw Lake at nickel quite a bit towards the end of last season. I'm recalling around 6-7 games. He played very well and I believe he was tested with speed on the inside. I feel nickel is in good hands.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
1723248424272.jpeg

Rams rookie DT Braden Fiske gets 3 stooges treatment from Cowboys
The mood with the LA Rams is lighter with a solid joint practice session with the Dallas Cowboys. But DT Braden Fiske did not emerge unscathed. He was 'Moe'd' by a Cowboys player.
By Bret Stuter | 12:02 PM PDT
Los Angeles Rams OTA Offseason Workout, Braden Fiske / Ric Tapia/GettyImages

The LA Rams can ill afford any more injuries to the roster right now. And from all accounts, the joint practice and scrimmage session between the Rams and the Dallas Cowboys did not result in any significant injuries to players on either team. Well, with the exception of one minor injury that occured to rookie DT Braden Fisk.
What was that injury? Much like the vintage physical comedy antics of the classic masters of cinema, The 3 Stooges, it was reported to be an eye poke:
Doink!
While getting poked in the eye is no laughing matter, particularly when it takes one of the team's best rookie performers off the football field and out of a golden opportunity to get quality experience against a new NFL team's offense, we cannot be so serious about joint scrimmage that we lose our sense of humor and that big sigh of relief at realizing that it is not a significant injury after all:
While I'm certain that Fiske was not happy with getting a finger poked in the eye, adding a visor to his helmet can ensure that does not happen in future. And from all joint practice and scrimmage reports that I have managed to read, that was the extent of the Rams injuries from the joint session.
After all the rapid reports of Rams injuries, this report of one player getting his eye poked in the joint practice and scrimmage session with the Dallas Cowboys seems like very positive news. And hopefully, the team has reached some level of injury bedrock for now, and players will begin to heal and return to the football field in time to be fully prepared for the 2024 NFL season.
While Fiske has not exactly been having the best of luck so far during joint practices and scrimmages due to unusual minor injuries, he has been described multiple times by Rams beat reporters as having the best training camp of any rookie so far. His 'injuries' so far that have limited his participation in joint practices and scrimmages include:

• A large foot blister against the Los Angeles Chargers
  • Getting his eye poked against the Dallas Cowboys
The Rams chaotic defensive front is going to give NFL offenses fits this season and for years to come. At a minimum, this team will field OLBs Byron Young and Jared Verse, and DTs Kobie Turner and Braden Fiske for the next three seasons.
It may be that the limited amount of work in joint scrimmages so far could mean that Braden Fiske will get some playing time in preseason games. If that is the case, then the excitement level of preseason games just leveled up.
I'm not alone in expecting rookie DT Braden Fiske to have an outstanding 2024 NFL season. And if fans get to see him perform in preseason games, the number of Braden believers will swell. And rightfully so.

From <

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
White coming off injury and Williams already side lined …. Hopefully what Durant been doing in the off season he does when the the lights … so yes there are legitimate reasons to be worried and legitimate reasons to have faith in them
Williams doesn’t have an injury history. Whites doctor is the Rams team doctor. I trust that he okayed his health.

But to your point. We could say that about every position group. WR - Pula is injured, Kupp has a history.
OL -Aleric and Rob have had past injuries.

Anyone can go down at any time.