Zac Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

promise this isn't nit picking..but out of curiosity, anyone else think if cook threw a more solid block forcing his man to this inside of the field, giving stacy the sideline, he could have broke it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't see why not. Who else was deep to stop him at that point? If he gets that corner I think he scores.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Jackson may have rushed for 1000 yards so consistently but when you really think about it you don't have to have crazy production to go over the 1000 yard mark, what he did was nothing short of amazing but I do feel like Stacy could do more in his prime than Jackson did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jackson may have rushed for 1000 yards so consistently but when you really think about it you don't have to have crazy production to go over the 1000 yard mark, what he did was nothing short of amazing but I do feel like Stacy could do more in his prime than Jackson did.
True. 62.5 yards per game...

jap

Legend
True. 62.5 yards per game...

The first 1000 yard seasonal rusher did it in 12 games. The 1000 yard barrier in 12 games translates to a 1333 & 1/3 yard mark today. Even if it is reduced to 1300 yards per 16-game season, that is still an impressive 81.25 yards per game.

1000 yards in a 14-game season translates to 71.43 yards per game or 1142 & 6/7 for a 16-game season. Reduced to a more convenient 1100 yards per 16-game season, and it becomes 68.75 yards per game.

I personally regard 1300 yards as my personal benchmark for rushers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The first 1000 yard seasonal rusher did it in 12 games. The 1000 yard barrier in 12 games translates to a 1333 & 1/3 yard mark today. Even if it is reduced to 1300 yards per 16-game season, that is still an impressive 81.25 yards per game.

1000 yards in a 14-game season translates to 71.43 yards per game or 1142 & 6/7 for a 16-game season. Reduced to a more convenient 1100 yards per 16-game season, and it becomes 68.75 yards per game.

I personally regard 1300 yards as my personal benchmark for rushers.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who finds the 1000 yard benchmark outdated. I think it should be closer to 1300 myself, or if they're (the media) not fond of the number 13, they can make 1500 all purpose yards the new bar.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah ... I'm not impressed with 1k yards, and haven't ever been really impressed with that number.

Since 2105 were reeled off by you know who, everything else pales in comparison.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Tough to be impressed with 1k yards when you grew up watching ED reel off what he did in his Ram career. SJ was a good back, and in my opinion....nothing more.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
If zs can stay relatively healthy through 10yrs like Sj, I can see him having a better carrier. Sj lost a lot of yards dancing in the backfield, people say he didn't have holes, but he did just not big ones, just like zs. That's one of the reasons why he would get 1400yds in a yr but have 5tds. I don't care about his 1000yd avg per year, TDs win games and Sj didn't have produce in that area like you'd expect a back of his size.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Stacy in my opinion is the ideal RB. At least as far as feature back does. He is low to the ground, runs with power and behind his pads and seems to have great vision. ....... What does concern me a bit, is that I see him getting "nicked" quite often. Sometimes it's reported and obvious and other times it's just me noticing him "tapping himself out" after 1 or 2 runs. I hope it's just a conditioning thing and not used to being in for so many snaps in awhile.

Does anyone know.... I'm not a big watcher of Vandy games, if this was a problem in college?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Stacy in my opinion is the ideal RB. At least as far as feature back does. He is low to the ground, runs with power and behind his pads and seems to have great vision. ....... What does concern me a bit, is that I see him getting "nicked" quite often. Sometimes it's reported and obvious and other times it's just me noticing him "tapping himself out" after 1 or 2 runs. I hope it's just a conditioning thing and not used to being in for so many snaps in awhile.

Does anyone know.... I'm not a big watcher of Vandy games, if this was a problem in college?
I noticed that too. I think he's just not in very good shape at the moment. He tends to wave someone else in after a few hard runs. I don't know if he's getting nicked in as much as he appears to be getting gassed.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I noticed that too. I think he's just not in very good shape at the moment. He tends to wave someone else in after a few hard runs. I don't know if he's getting nicked in as much as he appears to be getting gassed.
The reason I used the word "nicked" ... in quotes ... was because I notice him limping a bit. Now that might be remnants of an earlier injury ,but it was going on even before the end of the Seattle game. And we have heard over the season ..... "hamstring"...."ribs" ... "ankle".

I'm good with letting this year play out and seeing how it goes after a whole offseason ... but I'd still like to know we have someone to back him up. You can never have enough GOOD RB's. Look at the good teams. they all have more than one RB that can carry the load. DR does nothing for me other than a change of pace back. And he seems to do best coming in to do just that.

Cunningham .... I just don't know yet. Very spotty playing time and mixed results. Pead .... you can count him as gone. From what I have heard ... and it comes from player sources, he is in big time dog house. And the lack of playing time backs up what I have heard... dating back to last season.

So.... I would be very interested in another back in this next draft ... and one anywhere from Rd's 2-5.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So.... I would be very interested in another back in this next draft ... and one anywhere from Rd's 2-5.
Always good to have a contingency plan. I'm with @DR RAM on drafting another bruiser though. I've always wanted to see S.J. paired with another big guy, because that kind of pounding can take it's toll on a defense late in the game.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Always good to have a contingency plan. I'm with @DR RAM on drafting another bruiser though. I've always wanted to see S.J. paired with another big guy, because that kind of pounding can take it's toll on a defense late in the game.

I agree ... but IMO, he doesn't have to be a true "bruiser .... just a guy who can do it all and do it well. I look at a guy like Yeldon... Seastrunk ... etc., would be a good compliment and back up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I agree ... but IMO, he doesn't have to be a true "bruiser .... just a guy who can do it all and do it well. I look at a guy like Yeldon... Seastrunk ... etc., would be a good compliment and back up.
My hope is somewhat in fairy land, because I want another runner who can run behind his pads, and I want Pead to pan out, because he has the perfect skill set to be a third down back, minus his maturity it appears, but there must be a reason that he is still on the team. As far as Stacy goes, he's just not not in shape yet, nor should he be, he really just started playing considering the load he's carrying. Every week will be better for him.