Zac Stacy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I have a presentiment that, for some people, the recent, older Jackson is overshadowing their memory of the younger, faster Steven Jackson. Remember his 2300 yrds from scrimmage season??? He was a beast that year. He has 7 straight yrs of 1000 yrds, but let's not forget that he didn't play in all 16 games (12 in both 07,08) for some of those years. In 09, he was the #1 rusher in the NFC despite playing in only 15. Our team sucked ass then, and he was always playing through injuries. He is a 2x All-Pro, 3x Pro-bowl, and I believe, if not for the injuries, he would have been selected to go in 07 and 08.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
In the games that he has played...

He's been the offensive MVP.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
That one run where he broke 3 tackles was amazing. hes our new bowling ball, shiny, knocking over players left and right, and with a good amount of hook in him.

Jared Cook did a good job of blocking on this play. He dealt with a man at the LOS to Stacy's right really well and then made his way upfield and ended being the man leading Stacy up the sideline at the end of the play.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I think you should get banned for even saying a guy 3 games in is better than SJ. :mad: The guy only gave his heart and soul to bad teams for 9 years. He may have slowed a bit the last couple years but go back and watch his early highlights too. He was a freaking beast.

Ban someone becuase they have a lesser opinion of SJ than others.. Umm ok.

jap

Legend
Jared Cook did a good job of blocking on this play. He dealt with a man at the LOS to Stacy's right really well and then made his way upfield and ended being the man leading Stacy up the sideline at the end of the play.

Yeah, I saw that. It would help if he could lay down some pancake blocks, but those screening blocks are all he has to do be extremely effective for Tavon, Zac, or anyone else carrying the rock.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Which IS WHAT I EXPECTED him to do ,cuz he WANTED TO, and IMO he has been pretty unwilling the rest of the season ,it was the rap on him out of Tenn. and has born out. If I was the Rec. coach o line coach , I'd heap praise on him for that performance in team film sessions and tell him in private that I expected that sort of performance from here on out,if he went back to what he was in weeks past I'd roast his ass in front of the whole ream.
We might have to pay the guy but we don't HAVE TO baby him.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Which IS WHAT I EXPECTED him to do ,cuz he WANTED TO, and IMO he has been pretty unwilling the rest of the season ,it was the rap on him out of Tenn. and has born out. If I was the Rec. coach o line coach , I'd heap praise on him for that performance in team film sessions and tell him in private that I expected that sort of performance from here on out,if he went back to what he was in weeks past I'd roast his ass in front of the whole ream.
We might have to pay the guy but we don't HAVE TO baby him.

Exactly! Should have made it more clear but my point was that he's looked disinterested at times this season. Poor run blocking, dropped passes, THAT fumble against Arizona etc but in that play I was genuinely surprised to see him end up leading Stacy up the sideline when he'd made that first block back at the LOS

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't think there's any way you can compare him to Jackson, that's just silly.

But he's what we've known for 9 years, so as a Rams fan everything is relative to Steven Jackson even though they are very different running backs. Anyway, he definitely has his own characteristics relative to his short, stout frame. He seems to hit holes faster, yet patiently and rolls off of tackles much better rather than running through tackles and the occasionally successful jumping over them, and sometimes both in the same possession. Yeah SJ was good. I have memories ...

Sorry, yeah back to Stacy who isn't a flashy running back and as a fan, you know I like that because it means honestly, the whole time I'm confident that he's going to do what needs to be done to get positive yardage on plays with little risk of a bone headed mishap. Really, he seems to protect the ball well, and he may see his holes at the line of scrimmage better than anyone we've seen since Faulk.

jap

Legend
Sorry, yeah back to Stacy who isn't a flashy running back and as a fan, you know I like that because it means honestly, the whole time I'm confident that he's going to do what needs to be done to get positive yardage on plays with little risk of a bone headed mishap. Really, he seems to protect the ball well, and he may see his holes at the line of scrimmage better than anyone we've seen since Faulk.

No, Zac isn't a classic flashy back. However, I think back to what was said about the great Jim Brown also applies to Zac, our very own mini Mack:

Brown was not a flashy running back. he was a power back who attacked defenses. However, in the end, his power was beautiful to see . . .

RamzFanz

Damnit
ZS looks just like he did in college, and that's a good thing. The Rams got more than they paid for with him.

I would love to see DR back in the mix. DR isn't an every down back, but he definitely adds different skills and opportunities to the run game.

jap

Legend
ZS looks just like he did in college, and that's a good thing. The Rams got more than they paid for with him.

I would love to see DR back in the mix. DR isn't an every down back, but he definitely adds different skills and opportunities to the run game.

With Zac as the Man, DR can go back to doing when SJ was the Man---namely, being the change of pace RB who crosses the defenders up.

When SJ (and now Zac) was the Man, the defense got used to a certain rhythm, a certain amount of power and speed (or lack thereof) from SJ (Zac). Defenders game planned to stop SJ (Zac). Then DR would come into the game with that near instantaneous burst, and defenders would be like, "Where the hell did that ball of lightning come from?"

However, when DR is inserted as the Man, the defenders prepare for him, and he's not nearly as much as effective as when he's the change of pace guy.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I would love to see Pead get a full game worth of carries just to see if he has it or not so we can stop the debate. I personally think he has the most talent but he sure got in Fishers dog house.

I'm starting to wonder if they've already washed their hands of him. I mean... friggin' Cunningham got the nod over him!!! Whaaaat???

And for the record, don't say Stacy is better than Jackson this early(^not talking at you, sir.) Is he further along than Jackson at this stage? Oh yeah!!! But comparing him to our all time rushing leader after like... 3 games? Lol... dang. Stacy is bossing it up, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Actually, it's been 5 games ... still too early for any declarations.

With Zac as the Man, DR can go back to doing when SJ was the Man---namely, being the change of pace RB who crosses the defenders up.

When SJ (and now Zac) was the Man, the defense got used to a certain rhythm, a certain amount of power and speed (or lack thereof) from SJ (Zac). Defenders game planned to stop SJ (Zac). Then DR would come into the game with that near instantaneous burst, and defenders would be like, "Where the hell did that ball of lightning come from?"

However, when DR is inserted as the Man, the defenders prepare for him, and he's not nearly as much as effective as when he's the change of pace guy.

Spot on! I just hate seeing DR hit the pile in the middle and just stop and on that note I LOVE seeing Zac Stacy hit the pile cause it moves!!

Ram_of_Old

Stacy is a very bright star in a disappointing season. I created an e-mail today of RamsRule_2014@........... . com
Yup, we take the Division next year.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
One thing Stacy does do is he gets the yards SJ would not. SJ was a monster in the open field... occasionally he would push the pile. But he also had a tendency to go down with just a swat at his ankles. Stacy ... he hits the hole fast and just look how many guys he keeps dragging with him.

I think SJ problem was that he was trying too much to be the flashy cut back runner instead of the bulldozer his size was meant for. He tried to jump cut like Marshall, but did not have the agility that MF had. Stacy uses his attributes better, IMHO. One cut ,stay low and GO!