1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Your Favorite Recipes

Discussion in 'OFF TOPIC' started by PhxRam, Apr 6, 2014.

1. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

looks great dude.

2. Username Has a Well-Known Member

3. Dagonet Grillin and Chillin

Man I appreciate the recipe. I modified it some to our tastes, but we're still eating off of it. The Misses Candy flat out loves it. Much appreciated. You're 1 for 1 so far.. :cool:

4. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

I meant to add to the recipe (but you already did it) instead of using the green onions on top, I did the same and mixed them into the mixture.

Dagonet likes this.
  5. Dagonet Grillin and Chillin

There's many possibilities with this recipe. But standing alone it's damn good even.

6. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

Another one of my favorites.

Potato Soup with Sausage

TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
    MAKES: 6 servings

Ingredients

• 1 pound Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices (I use hot Italian instead)
    • 1 cup sliced celery
    • 1/2 cup chopped onion
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
    • 1 cup milk
    • 1 cup sliced green beans, partially cooked
    • 1 can whole kernel sweet corn

Directions
    1. In a heavy saucepan, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage to paper towels to drain. Drain skillet, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute the celery, onion, thyme and salt in the reserved drippings until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add broth and water, stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
    2. Add potatoes; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
    3. In blender, cover and process 2 cups soup mixture until smooth; return to kettle. Add the milk, beans and sausage; heat through.

Elmgrovegnome and CGI_Ram like this.
  7. LesBaker Mr. Savant

I think beans are undefeated all time aren't they?

8. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

trying this one today... bird has been soaking in da juice all night

RamFan503 likes this.
  9. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

tried the orange infused chicken today and it was great. Although I did a whole spatch-cocked chicken low and slow on the grill, and then as @RamFan503 suggested, drizzled the honey on and stuck it under the broiler for a few minutes after grilling.

Modified the recipe a tad bit, and brined it in fresh squeezed OJ along with the Gran Marnier. Before putting it on the grill I sprinkled some orange zest on it and injected the marinade into the meat. Served it up with some roasted potatoes and grilled broccoli with EVOO and sea salt

wifey loved it and as we all know, happy wife, happy life

RamFan503 likes this.
  10. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

no pics? WTF

11. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

Really meant to take some.... But too hungry !!!

12. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Glad to hear you liked it. And taking an idea and making it different and my own is something I have made my living off of. I can't say that everything I offer is an original thought but I always put my own twist on it. Spice of life y'know? It would be like me trying to claim fruit in a sauce or beer is my invention. Rather it's what you do with a concept that makes it special.

13. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

agreed...when I first started with the meat smoker, I was going off recipes I found online. Now it is to the point where I just start throwing crap in a bowl, and tasting it as I go and figuring what flavor concept I want to go with. Wifey and I both like the sweet/spicy combo rubs so use those alot. Going to try doing some smoked cheeses this weekend. Smoked Gouda is the crap in a nice salad !

14. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Sorry but.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm such an infant.

15. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

ya know..this is just no other way to put it!

Was going to say "when I first started smoking meat" but figured I was leaving myself wide open....ah helll there I go again !!!

RamFan503 and Tron like this.
  16. Prime Time RODerator

SALVADOR DALI’S COOKBOOK IS EVERY BIT AS INSANE AS YOU WOULD EXPECT IT TO BE

[​IMG]
    Front view and back view

In 1973, French publisher Felicie put out a remarkable “cookbook” (quotation marks are important here) by the great Surrealist master Salvador Dalí. It delivers everything you would expect from such a volume: visual flair, a winking sense of humor, a disregard for accepted norms, and a heightened feeling for the absurd. The book was called Les Diners de Gala—I think the idea here is a conflation of a “gala dinner” and his wife, whose name, of course, was Gala.

[​IMG]

According to one source, only 400 copies of the cookbook were ever printed, although it’s difficult to say whether that was actually the case or not—a copy is always on eBay—it’s possible that Dalí was merely trying to foster an air of mysterious exclusivity. The hefty volume has become quite the collector’s item; prices on Amazon range from $300 to $490. Let’s take a look at the table of contents, which I’ll leave untranslated:

1. Les caprices pincés princiers (Exotic Dishes)
    2. Les cannibalismes de l’automne (Eggs - Seafood)
    3. Les suprêmes de malaises lilliputiens (Entrées)
    4. Les entre-plats sodomisés (Meats)
    5. Les spoutniks astiqués d’asticots statistiques (Snails - Frogs)
    6. Les panaches panachés (Fish - Shellfish)
    7. Les chairs monarchiques (Game - Poultry)
    8. Les montres molles 1/2 sommeil (Pork)
    9. L’atavisme désoxyribonucléique (Vegetables)
    10. Les “je mange GALA” (Aphrodisiacs)
    11. Les pios nonoches (Sweets - Desserts)
    12. Les délices petits martyrs (Hors-d’oeuvres)

I don’t know what most of that means, but I do know that the title of chapter 10, dedicated to “Aphrodisiacs,” translates to “I eat GALA,” so right there in the table of contents you already have a bald reference to oral sex. Well done!

[​IMG]

In the book Dalí discusses his loathing for a certain leafy green vegetable: “I only like to eat what has a clear intelligible form. If I hate that detestable degrading vegetable called spinach, it is because it is shapeless, like Liberty.”

In 2011, two noted Minnesota dance troupes, Ballet of the Dolls and Zorongo Flamenco,put on a staged piece in Minneapolis called “Dali’s Cookbook: A Gastronomical Inquisition” that was inspired by the cookbook.

Here’s a cocktail recipe from the book, one of the (very) few that it’s possible to make unless you have the same connections as the head chef at a five star restaurant. Quail’s eggs are one of the easier ingredients to secure. Where do you buy frog legs?

Casanova Cocktail

“This is quite appropriate when circumstances such as exhaustion, overwork or simply excess of sobriety are calling for a pick-me-up. Here is a well-tested recipe to fit the bill. Let us stress another advantage of this particular pep-up concoction is that one doesn’t have to make the sour face that usually accompanies the absorption of a remedy.” —Salvador Dali

The juice of 1 orange
    1 tablespoon of bitters (Campari)
    1 teaspoon of ginger
    [presumably powdered ginger]
    4 tablespoons of brandy
    2 tablespoons old brandy (Vieille Cure)
    1 pinch of Cayenne pepper

At the bottom of a glass, combine pepper and ginger. Pour the bitters on top, then brandy and “Vieille Cure.” Refrigerate or even put in the freezer.

Thirty minutes later, remove from the freezer and stir the juice of the orange into the glass. Drink … and wait for the effect. It is rather speedy.

A lesser-known follow-up to Les Diners de Gala, titled The Wines of Gala, was published by Abrams in the US in 1977, but contained no recipes for surrealist inspired vino.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posted by Martin Schneider​

17. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

Casanova Cocktail

I think I am going to try that one. Sounds interesting.

18. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

going to be smoking a corned beef brisket this weekend for some home made pastrami. Wifey making the bread Friday

19. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

Pastrami is the most sensual of all the salted cured meats.

HeiseNBerg and -X- like this.
  20. -X- I'm the dude, man.

I liked that, but I don't know if it was because of the statement ... or the pastrami.