Your Favorite Recipes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Nice.

There are some interesting flavors of Vodka floating around now. I recently saw one that was flavored like fruit loops.
This would probably taste similar.

Hint: If you want to drink copious amounts of Vodka and not have a hangover, drink (only) Grays Peak small batch.
I kid you not.
Thanks I will try that one.
I have tried several of the flavored ones. Lemon is great for making lemonade slushies and everyone should try the root beer flavored vodkas in a root beer float. Gives it a little kick.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nice.

There are some interesting flavors of Vodka floating around now. I recently saw one that was flavored like fruit loops.
This would probably taste similar.

Hint: If you want to drink copious amounts of Vodka and not have a hangover, drink (only) Grays Peak small batch.
I kid you not.

Tito's. Is. The. Best.

Go try it, I'm gonna look for the Gray's Peak I wonder if it's around here.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Damnit, Stu...where are your BBQ and beer recipes!?!?!! :D

I'd love to share my chili recipes but I won't even tell my wife the recipe/guideline (I go completely off memory and make subtle changes each time...always like trying a new twist).

When I do the cooking I usually keep it pretty simple, mainly try to grill a piece of meat with some seasoning and veggies.

I'll see if I can get a couple of my wife's recipes that I like best.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - So I'm working up a couple recipes for our Oinko de Mayo celebration here at the restaurant. I'll post some of them.

I can't really post any of my sauce recipes seeing as how they are secrets and we sell them. And sauces make up a big part of many of my recipes. But I can throw out a few.

Here's a pretty simple one:

Take fresh basil sprigs (about 4 oz) and strip the leaves. In a pot, put about a cup of Grand Marnier and a cup of Orange extract. Add 2 cups of water, a cup of sugar, 1 tsp Cayenne pepper, and a couple tsp salt. Bring that mixture to a low boil to drive off the alcohol. Shut it off and add the basil. Let this cool. It will become your marinade.

Once cool, take enough marinade to soak some chicken thighs in and ziplock or vacuum seal bag with some thighs. If ziplock, squeeze the air out of the bag and seal. Let sit in the refer for 24 hours.

Place thighs on shallow baking pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Then turn oven up to 450 - 500 degrees and bake for 10 - 15 minutes to crisp the skin. Note - when you take the thighs out of the marinade, try to leave some basil leaves on the skin of the thighs.

Once cooked, place the thighs on a plate and drizzle a little honey on the skin followed by a very light sprinkling of salt. Torch the honey so that it crisps up with the skin. If you don't have a torch, just set the oven to broil and return the thighs to the oven after adding the honey.

There you go. Honey glazed, orange-basil infused chicken thighs. Very yummy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
OK - So I'm working up a couple recipes for our Oinko de Mayo celebration here at the restaurant. I'll post some of them.

I can't really post any of my sauce recipes seeing as how they are secrets and we sell them. And sauces make up a big part of many of my recipes. But I can throw out a few.

Here's a pretty simple one:

Take fresh basil sprigs (about 4 oz) and strip the leaves. In a pot, put about a cup of Grand Marnier and a cup of Orange extract. Add 2 cups of water, a cup of sugar, 1 tsp Cayenne pepper, and a couple tsp salt. Bring that mixture to a low boil to drive off the alcohol. Shut it off and add the basil. Let this cool. It will become your marinade.

Once cool, take enough marinade to soak some chicken thighs in and ziplock or vacuum seal bag with some thighs. If ziplock, squeeze the air out of the bag and seal. Let sit in the refer for 24 hours.

Place thighs on shallow baking pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Then turn oven up to 450 - 500 degrees and bake for 10 - 15 minutes to crisp the skin. Note - when you take the thighs out of the marinade, try to leave some basil leaves on the skin of the thighs.

Once cooked, place the thighs on a plate and drizzle a little honey on the skin followed by a very light sprinkling of salt. Torch the honey so that it crisps up with the skin. If you don't have a torch, just set the oven to broil and return the thighs to the oven after adding the honey.

There you go. Honey glazed, orange-basil infused chicken thighs. Very yummy.

I do one like that except without the Grand Marnier, orange extract, basil leaves pepper and salt and honey. It's never comes out well LOL. Your's sounds much better than mine!!!

One of my faves is lemon and olive oil, pepper, chopped fresh oregano.......sometimes I'll chop up a bunch of green olives. I use it as a marinade for chicken and a salad dressing. Your recipe sounds like it would be a very kick ass salad dressing!!! What a nice combo of flavors it must be awesome and I think I'm going to try it.

EDIT
I mean oregano not basil....corrected that.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I do a smoked salmon pasta that uses chopped green olives. It may sound a little weird but it is quite good.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yet everyone is scared to try my cream cheese frosting stuffed jalapeños covered with chocolate and wrapped with bacon

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tito's. Is. The. Best.

Go try it, I'm gonna look for the Gray's Peak I wonder if it's around here.
I gotta admit. I found some Tito's at a bar a few weeks ago and tried it. That is some silky smooth Vodka.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah Tito's is smoooooooth. But this Grays Peak is very highly rated too so I'm gonna find some and drink it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
For some of you not-so-good cooks...here is an easy dish my dad used to makes us. It's not quite what I consider a recipe since its just some pre-packaged food thrown in a pot, but I get a taste for it once in a while.

Large sliced Kielbasa sausage
2 cans of new potatoes
2 cans french green beans
half a sliced onion
garlic salt to taste

Throw all contents into a pot until hot. It's a good, cheap, meat-and-potato kinda meal. Make some cornbread to go with it.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Here's my version of Phx's Mexican Lasagna. I chopped red onions into the beef and bean mixture. I also triple the seasoning on most ingredients. We also added a mixtured layer of shredded cheeses between the original layers. They conisisted of Moz. and Colby Jack. Also add Moz. to top layer of cheese. The sour cream really made the topping IMHO. Oh yeah, we also used black olives (a whole 16 oz can) instead of the green olives. Plus I use homemade salsa. It was quite Lerpin..

04-29-14021.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
All that cheese would make me constipated.
But then there's all the beans...

I'm almost afraid to find out which component wins in the battle of the bowels.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
All that cheese would make me constipated.
But then there's all the beans...

I'm almost afraid to find out which component wins in the battle of the bowels.

Da Beans ruled here if that helps.. :cool:

But that said, I took his advice in the chat to double bean and hamburger to make it thicker.

Last edited: