Your Favorite Recipes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Anyone have a real kick ass recipe for Egg salad?

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone have a real kick ass recipe for Egg salad?

Not really a recipe but I normally boil up a bunch of eggs and "pickle" them either in a jar of leftover pickle juice or gardenia juice.

It makes for great egg salad.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Courtesy of my wife...:effemine:

Cheese Cake Bars

1/3 cup margarine
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese
2 tbsps milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Cream margarine and brown sugar in a mixer. Add flour and nuts and blend until mixture resembles crumbs. Set aside 1 cup. Press remaining crumbs into 8" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.

Combine granulated sugar and softened cream cheese until smooth. Add egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla and beat well. Spread mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here's a pic of what I cooked last night. It's a Low-Country boil. All of this was cooked together in a special cooker called a CanCooker. It looks like an old dairy cream can,,, it cooks with steam,,, it doesn't really boil.

It has corn, red potatoes, onions, garlic, hot Italian sausage, littleneck clams, shrimp, and stone crab claws. Steamed in a mixture of white wine, chicken stock, and Kona beer. Theres a number of other ingredients that go into it. If anyone would really like the actual recipe and cooking process, just let me know. Check out the CanCooker website if you're interested in a very cool and fun cooking tool.

BTW... we dip pieces of french bread into the juice... Holy crap good... we went through 2 loaves of bread. lol

unnamed-5.jpg

Whoa. That looks good too!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Looks sweet. Isn't the traditional presentation style to just pour it out onto paper??

Yeah. Line the paper with butcher paper and pour everything out on it.

You miss out on the sauce if you do it like that though.

PhxRam

Yeah. Line the paper with butcher paper and pour everything out on it.

You miss out on the sauce if you do it like that though.

Then keep it in the pot if you ask me. I like almost everything saucy.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So here's the Italian Sausage Lasagna I made this evening for dinner. Turned out pretty damn good if I may say so.

photo.JPG

Ingredients:

-Use 7 links of Italian Sausage. I used 5 sweet, two hot. You can obviously do any combo you want. Couldn't tell much that the hot were in it, but I do think it gave it a slight edge to it(Dagonets idea).

-1 to 2 cloves of garlic(depending on how much you like garlic)

-1 medium sized onion(I actually didn't have any yellow onions and didn't realize till I went to grab one to cut. Had to use green onions, which I actually like better than regular, so up to you. If using yellow onion put it in when you cook the sausage, if using green, put in when you put in the tomato/tomato sauce)

-couple table spoons of oil

-28oz can of chopped tomatos

-2 6oz cans of tomato paste

-About 13oz's of spaghetti sauce(use whichever spaghetti sauce you prefer)

-16oz ricotta cheese(I used 16oz's, but I think could use about 20oz+ if you like the ricotta taste

-1 bag of mozzarella slices or shredded(4 cups worth)

-Parmesan cheese

-1 egg

-salt, pepper(I used a grinder full of peppercorn), oregano, parsley, basil, white sugar or brown sugar(I used brown sugar) and some Italian seasoning. Use as much as you prefer.

-Lasagna noodles(I used the oven bake ones as whenever I use the regular kind and boil them they tear apart, up to you)

Prep and cooking and shit:

-Cut skin on the sausage link and separate meat from skin(throw skin away)
-chop up sausage as best as possible
-chop up yellow(or green onion)
-Mince/crush the garlic

-Mix all together(unless using green onion) into a big pot and cook until meat is cooked and partly brown. Break it up into small pieces as much as possible while cooking it.

-Once brown, add in the chopped tomato, tomato paste, and tomato sauce.
-Add in all spices(salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, basil, sugar, Italian seasoning, and green onion if being used.
-Mix well and set to a simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add herbs and spices for desired taste.

-In a nice size bowl break the egg and beat it till nice and all yellow.
-Mix in 16oz+ of ricotta cheese, some parsley, and about a tablespoon of salt
-mix all ingredients well

If using noodles that need to be boiled, do that when sauce getting close to done, if using the ready bake kind, then sit back and relax lol.(The ready bake ones tasted fine, was the first time I used them and will use again probably.

-Once meat sauce is done its time to put in a nice big baking dish. I used a 9x13x2 glass baking dish, it barely fit everything in and I thought it was going to overflow a bit lol, but luckily it didn't.

Putting everything into the dish to bake:

-Start preheating oven to 375 degrees.

-first things first, put a layer of the meat sauce on the bottom, try to spread it out, but don't leave any gaps and whatnot.
-next, add a layer of noodles.
-spread a thin layer of the Ricotta cheese mix onto the noodles, but make sure you cover it completely.
-sprinkle mozzarella onto the ricotta, or if using slices, put a layer of them onto the ricotta.
-next sprinkle some Parmesan onto the other cheese, we're making some awesome cheesy shit here.
-now comes more meat sauce!!!!, make sure the layer isn't to thick, but covers all the cheese.

-now put on another layer of noodles and repeat

-After that layer is done add more noodles
-You will probably be a little low on ricotta at this point if you only used 16oz's, which is why i recommend using around 20oz.
-After you put the cheese and meat sauce on the top layer, add the last of the mozzarella to it and sprinkle some Parmesan to give it a nice cheese topping.
-Sprinkle some Parsley on it

-Take some tin foil and spray it with cooking spray so that the cheese wont stick the it, then cover the lasagna with it and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
-After the 25 minutes are done, remove the tin foil and bake for another 25 minutes.

-Take out of the oven and let sit for 15-20 minutes.

-Grab a plate and eat the damn thing and enjoy!!!

The End

Last edited:

PhxRam

So here's the Italian Sausage Lasagna I made this evening for dinner. Turned out pretty damn good if I may say so.

View attachment 1573

Ingredients:

-Use 7 links of Italian Sausage. I used 5 sweet, two hot. You can obviously do any combo you want. Couldn't tell much that the hot were in it, but I do think it gave it a slight edge to it(Dagonets idea).

-1 to 2 cloves of garlic(depending on how much you like garlic)

-1 medium sized onion(I actually didn't have any yellow onions and didn't realize till I went to grab one to cut. Had to use green onions, which I actually like better than regular, so up to you. If using yellow onion put it in when you cook the sausage, if using green, put in when you put in the tomato/tomato sauce)

-couple table spoons of oil

-28oz can of chopped tomatos

-2 6oz cans of tomato paste

-About 13oz's of spaghetti sauce(use whichever spaghetti sauce you prefer)

-16oz ricotta cheese(I used 16oz's, but I think could use about 20oz+ if you like the ricotta taste

-1 bag of mozzarella slices or shredded(4 cups worth)

-Parmesan cheese

-1 egg

-salt, pepper(I used a grinder full of peppercorn), oregano, parsley, basil, white sugar or brown sugar(I used brown sugar) and some Italian seasoning. Use as much as you prefer.

-Lasagna noodles(I used the oven bake ones as whenever I use the regular kind and boil them they tear apart, up to you)

Prep and cooking and crap:

-Cut skin on the sausage link and separate meat from skin(throw skin away)
-chop up sausage as best as possible
-chop up yellow(or green onion)
-Mince the garlic

-Mix all together(unless using green onion) into a big pot and cook until meat is cooked and partly brown. Break it up into small pieces as much as possible while cooking it.

-Once brown, add in the chopped tomato, tomato paste, and tomato sauce.
-Add in all spices(salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, basil, sugar, Italian seasoning, and green onion if being used.
-Mix well and set to a simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add herbs and spices for desired taste.

-In a nice size bowl break the egg and beat it till nice and all yellow.
-Mix in 16oz+ of ricotta cheese, some parsley, and about a tablespoon of salt
-mix all ingredients well

If using noodles that need to be boiled, do that when sauce getting close to done, if using the ready bake kind, then sit back and relax lol.(The ready bake ones tasted fine, was the first time I used them and will use again probably.

-Once meat sauce is done its time to put in a nice big baking dish. I used a 9x13x2 glass baking dish, it barely fit everything in and I thought it was going to overflow a bit lol, but luckily it didn't.

Putting everything into the dish to bake:

-Start preheating oven to 375 degrees.

-first things first, put a layer of the meat sauce on the bottom, try to spread it out, but don't leave any gaps and whatnot.
-next, add a layer of noodles.
-spread a thin layer of the Ricotta cheese mix onto the noodles, but make sure you cover it completely.
-sprinkle mozzarella onto the ricotta, or if using slices, put a layer of them onto the ricotta.
-next sprinkle some Parmesan onto the other cheese, we're making some awesome cheesy crap here.
-now comes more meat sauce!!!!, make sure the layer isn't to thick, but covers all the cheese.

-now put on another layer of noodles and repeat

-After that layer is done add more noodles
-You will probably be a little low on ricotta at this point if you only used 16oz's, which is why i recommend using around 20oz.
-After you put the cheese and meat sauce on the top layer, add the last of the mozzarella to it and sprinkle some Parmesan to give it a nice cheese topping.
-Sprinkle some Parsley on it

-Take some tin foil and spray it with cooking spray so that the cheese wont stick the it, then cover the lasagna with it and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
-After the 25 minutes are done, remove the tin foil and bake for another 25 minutes.

-Take out of the oven and let sit for 15-20 minutes.

-Grab a plate and eat the damn thing and enjoy!!!

The End

Looks great dude.. good job

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tuna melts are my favorite. They're really easy too. Just get the best tuna out there (white albacore in water) and after draining it, mix it up with 3 tablespoons of mayo, two cloves of crushed garlic, a quarter-cup of chopped red onion, and 1 teaspoon of dill powder + salt & pepper to taste. You also want to use the best bread. I use white mountain bread and real butter (not that artificial tub of processed spread shit) to grill it in a pan. REAL sharp cheddar and Munster is the best combo for the grilled cheese portion of the sammich, and a giant half-sour pickle (cut in half, length-wise) is the best accompaniment.

Don't grill the bread with the tuna in it. Put it in after the sammich is done, and make sure the grilled cheese part of it has had a chance to cool for about a minute before spooning the tuna in. You don't want soggy bread. Oh, and after you've flipped the sammich for the last time (in the pan), I like to sprinkle parmigiana cheese (in a jar) over the bread and let it kind of melt into the sammich before removing it from the pan. Gives it a nice little cheesy texture.

Don't fuck it up. I've worked on that one for a while now.

PhxRam

Thanks man! Takes a little while to do everything but was well worth it.

I normally like to cook the sauce the day before and let it cook all day and turn a dark red color.

The smell of lasagna filling the house on a cold winter day is why we are on this planet

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I normally like to cook the sauce the day before and let it cook all day and turn a dark red color.

The smell of lasagna filling the house on a cold winter day is why we are on this planet
You got that right. All day sauce is the nectar of the Gods.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Sounds like a good idea, will have to do that next time.

PhxRam

Tuna melts are my favorite. They're really easy too. Just get the best tuna out there (white albacore in water) and after draining it, mix it up with 3 tablespoons of mayo, two cloves of crushed garlic, a quarter-cup of chopped red onion, and 1 teaspoon of dill powder + salt & pepper to taste. You also want to use the best bread. I use white mountain bread and real butter (not that artificial tub of processed spread crap) to grill it in a pan. REAL sharp cheddar and Munster is the best combo for the grilled cheese portion of the sammich, and a giant half-sour pickle (cut in half, length-wise) is the best accompaniment.

Don't grill the bread with the tuna in it. Put it in after the sammich is done, and make sure the grilled cheese part of it has had a chance to cool for about a minute before spooning the tuna in. You don't want soggy bread. Oh, and after you've flipped the sammich for the last time (in the pan), I like to sprinkle parmigiana cheese (in a jar) over the bread and let it kind of melt into the sammich before removing it from the pan. Gives it a nice little cheesy texture.

Don't freak it up. I've worked on that one for a while now.

Wtf is white mountain bread?

Is that some drug cartel bread company?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wtf is white mountain bread?

Is that some drug cartel bread company?
Dude. If you don't get White Mountain bread from your baker or supermarket, you should absolutely ask for it.

PhxRam

Dude. If you don't get White Mountain bread from your baker or supermarket, you should absolutely ask for it.

Will look for it.. I mostly use tortillas though. Or rye bread.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Will look for it.. I mostly use tortillas though. Or rye bread.
You're missing out. Though, I do like a nice marble rye (from the bakery) for my grilled sammiches.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I love to cook and I'll spend hours on it when I'm in the mood.

These, however, are two recipes that win every single time and take little effort:

Clowney's Lazy Slow Cooker Pot Roast. (I've renamed all of my easy recipes "Clowney's Lazy" to harm his draft value so he'll drop to the Rams)

Ingredients

2-3 LB chuck roast
1/2 Package of Good Seasons zesty italian salad dressing mix (dry)
1 package of Au Jus mix (dry)
1/4 cup water

Directions

Cut off excess fat with meat shears

Put in crock pot

Mix dry ingredients with water

Pour over roast

Cook on low for 7 hours

I have had this called the best pot roast ever tasted by more than one person. It is REALLY good. Even Clowney would take the effort to make this.

NEVER use more than 1/4 cup water or it won't come out tender. NEVER use more than 1/2 pack of zesty italian or it will come out salty. NEVER cook over 7 hours. Just do what I said and don't screw with it.

Serve with corn on the cob and mashed potatoes and use the juice as gravy or, on game day, it makes great sandwiches.

Clowney's Lazy Baked Chicken
Ingredients

3 skinless chicken breasts
A lot of fresh whole green beans (I'm lazy like clowney so I'm not measuring)
A lot of red potatoes (I'm lazy like clowney so I'm still not measuring)
1/2 cup real butter
1 Package of Good Seasons zesty italian salad dressing mix (dry)

Directions

Clean chicken and place down center of big-ass glass baking pan.

Clean red potatoes and cut into quarters

Place red potatoes on one side of chicken

Snap or cut ends off green beans and wash them

Place green beans on other side of chicken

Sprinkle zesty italian over everything

Melt butter and sprinkle over everything

Cover pan tightly with tin foil

Bake at 350 for 1 hour

This is one of our favorite Clowney's lazy recipes. It's just delicious and the chicken comes out super tender. Also a good camping food for tin foil meals.

Clowney's too lazy for this one really, but I'd make it for him if he asked... he just never asks. :cry:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Here's a pic of what I cooked last night. It's a Low-Country boil. All of this was cooked together in a special cooker called a CanCooker. It looks like an old dairy cream can,,, it cooks with steam,,, it doesn't really boil.

It has corn, red potatoes, onions, garlic, hot Italian sausage, littleneck clams, shrimp, and stone crab claws. Steamed in a mixture of white wine, chicken stock, and Kona beer. Theres a number of other ingredients that go into it. If anyone would really like the actual recipe and cooking process, just let me know. Check out the CanCooker website if you're interested in a very cool and fun cooking tool.

BTW... we dip pieces of french bread into the juice... Holy crap good... we went through 2 loaves of bread. lol

unnamed-5.jpg

Man that looks good! Reminds me of crawfish boils in Baton Rouge.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Recipes.... My Grandmother used to keep her recipes secret. I think she used to do that so you'd have to go over to her house if you wanted to eat some of her great food. She never told. I tend to be the same way with my recipes. I'd rather have a way of luring my friends and family over to me. I really enjoy cooking for my peeps, but I keep my recipes to myself... I'll blame it on my Grandmother.

I do like taking pics of food. The one I have posted below is really cool to me. It shows the exact place where the bugs (lobsters) were caught, the shallow water to the deep, a Jamaican and a Bahamian flag flying off of my outriggers, some fruit and veggies, and a great memory.

232323232fp43334nu32396566-WSNRCG34-743-37324nu0mrj.jpg