WOW I think Ray Rice is in BIG trouble

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
This isn't newly discovered evidence - its newly released evidence. The commish saw this before doling out 2 games.

Methinks the timing has more to do with renegotiating the drug policy than anything else.
After Goodell deliberated the facts and decided that a 2 game suspension would suffice, needs to have his head examined. Maybe Ray Rice knocked him out too, I don't know.

I don't see why they can't bring someone else in, like when they were deliberating the bounty cases, to fix this.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm still fuzzy as to why criminal charges weren't brought.
My understanding, is that the way the system is set up, it does not adequately protect the victim. I believe the victim has to press charges.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Woah now

@mortreport: NFL: Ray Rice video was not made available to them,despite requests to law enforcement. Nothing on whether NFL had account of what happened

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@AlbertBreer: NFL says in a statement that they didn't see the Ray Rice elevator video until today.

He's getting BANNED I promise you.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woah now

@mortreport: NFL: Ray Rice video was not made available to them,despite requests to law enforcement. Nothing on whether NFL had account of what happened
I dont buy this for a second. Youre telling me an organization worth about $30 billion dollars coudnt get their hands on a tape that TMZ would later release...

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Wow. That is incredibly disturbing. Goodell and the league should be ashamed and embarrassed to dole out 2 games, while giving a guy 4 games for smoking weed. This guy should be banned at least a year and forced to take some counseling. I wonder if the Baltimore fans will give him a standing ovation when he trots out onto the field when he returns??

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I believe the NFL has it's own investigators - and I think I heard they are mostly former secret service or something like that.

How hard could this video have been to locate? We knew it existed. We knew which elevator and what time to look for.

This stinks to high hell.

Athos

Legend
Yea...Looks like the bastard started it (he leans in, seems to grab her and say something that pisses her off) and she charges forward and he cold cocks her into the elevator handhold. The way her face hit the railing was brutal.

This one is one mofo. And for those wondering why she still married him?

Welcome to domestic abuse on the woman's side 101.

Ban. For. Life.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@BobGlauber: Per NFL spokesman @gregaiello, NFL requested Ray Rice video from inside the elevator, but law enforcement declined to provide it.

Yet TMZ gets their hands on it .....

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Yea...Looks like the bastard started it (he leans in, seems to grab her and say something that pisses her off) and she charges forward and he cold cocks her into the elevator handhold. The way her face hit the railing was brutal.

This one is one mofo. And for those wondering why she still married him?

Welcome to domestic abuse on the woman's side 101.

Ban. For. Life.
When they step into the elevator, it kind of looks like Ray Rice does that dbag bully thing where he makes her flinch and/or pushes her into the corner (it's hard to see). He did something to her to make her back up. Looks like to me that he pushes her into the corner.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
@BobGlauber: Per NFL spokesman @gregaiello, NFL requested Ray Rice video from inside the elevator, but law enforcement declined to provide it.

Yea right! So they get their hands on the footage of outside the elevator after it happens, and post that, but didn't see the inside of it. And they expect us to believe that... wow.

iced

My understanding, is that the way the system is set up, it does not adequately protect the victim. I believe the victim has to press charges.

eh' - she has several million reasons as why to not press charges..

plus the situation changed since they're married now

Athos

Legend
Tell ya what, this is an even bigger PR nightmare between this video release and letting that fucking disturbing Whiner prick who hit his pregnant wife to play on national tv.

I hope women's groups and domestic violence advocacies scream for blood. Goodell will look like an enabling fool if he doesn't retro his punishment to at least half the season, and still look foolish not banning him for the entire year.

Athos

Legend
eh' - she has several million reasons as why to not press charges..

plus the situation changed since they're married now

Yea......money and the threat of more physical violence. I wouldn't be too cavalier with your understanding of how domestic violence actually works.

Who's even to say it isn't still happening? Maybe not physically, but verbally when ole' Ray loses his temper. Should be in mandatory anger management.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I wonder if there is any kind of 'double jeopardy' clause in the NFL personal conduct policy. The suspension has already been handed down, the appeal was waived - and one game of the suspension has already been served. The Ravens may have relied on the NFL's decision in making roster cuts. Can the NFL really just reopen the case and change their minds?

Compared to other discipline, 2 games was a sham when they announced it and its even more ludicrous if the NFL never bothered to get the video - but still - at some point, a team and a player should be able to count on some finality.

Really, I have a problem with the NFL suspending players for conduct that happens off the field in the first place. The minute the NFL decided to 'clean up its image' by suspending players for things that happen off the field, they set themselves up for failures exactly like this one. Suspend guys for cheap hits, supsend them for performance enhancing drugs, suspend them for cheating - but let the law be the law.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Well TMZ probably bribed someone cuz it's a customary practice in "journalism" but the NFL wouldn't have the constitutional protections the press enjoys and would have a PR problem FOR paying bribes,their sources would not be protected the same way.
AND AGAIN, the league is getting a black eye for not reacting adversely enough when they were denied the full information the criminal justice system had

Athos

Legend
Letting the "law be the law" with multimillionaires who put money under the table to make something disappear is a stupid idea.

Even more stupid considering the SLOWNESS of criminal prosecutions.

You're basically saying the NFL/Pats etc, shouldn't have canned Hernandez when those allegations came out because THAT trial/case/whathaveyou, is STILL going on. Poor analogy considering he was tied to murders, but still....

A company has the right to protect itself and its image. Same difference as firing an employee.

And I'm sure all players signed waivers upon entering the NFL that their actions off the field would have consequences.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Letting the "law be the law" with multimillionaires who put money under the table to make something disappear is a stupid idea.

Even more stupid considering the SLOWNESS of criminal prosecutions.

You're basically saying the NFL/Pats etc, shouldn't have canned Hernandez when those allegations came out because THAT trial/case/whathaveyou, is STILL going on. Poor analogy considering he was tied to murders, but still....

A company has the right to protect itself and its image. Same difference as firing an employee.

And I'm sure all players signed waivers upon entering the NFL that their actions off the field would have consequences.

Can I ask who you directed the word "stupid" towards?