WOW I think Ray Rice is in BIG trouble

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The REAL scandal to me here is THAT Rice was allowed to enroll in an intervention program and have his record expunged. See these types of programs are often for profit companies that grease judges to steer people into them and the "tuition" is steep. IOW he could avoid being convicted even though we know the prosecutor had the video so I think he probably gets a cut too. They say ALL first time offenders get that option, so a very nice racket.
The country is full of places that keep DWI's off peoples records .
The first failure was the criminal justice system.
I don't know if Goodel had seen the tape ,he's finally done what most think was the right thing ,I think Ray Rice should be cooling his heels in jail right now and been fired by his employer for an unexcused absence.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The truth of the matter is that if I (or any of us) hit a woman square in the face, and was captured on CCTV - we would be doing jail time now - or at least we would deserve to be behind bars. RR - I hope you're banned for life, this is a disgusting act, and one you should be extremely ashamed of.

BUT - hats off to the Ravens for doing the right thing.

Athos

Legend
Battered wife syndrome coming in hard for Janay. Makes you really start to wonder if this was just one of many incidents between them and this is just the one that got caught.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ends-ray-rice-criticizes-media-instagram-post

Imagine if that cold-DNA rifle slap into the railing had broken her neck or done other damage to the brain/neck area. Only ones with a bad history like this/believing it's their fault would be decrying the media for bringing to light his horrible actions.

iced

The REAL scandal to me here is THAT Rice was allowed to enroll in an intervention program and have his record expunged. See these types of programs are often for profit companies that grease judges to steer people into them and the "tuition" is steep. IOW he could avoid being convicted even though we know the prosecutor had the video so I think he probably gets a cut too. They say ALL first time offenders get that option, so a very nice racket.
The country is full of places that keep DWI's off peoples records .
The first failure was the criminal justice system.
I don't know if Goodel had seen the tape ,he's finally done what most think was the right thing ,I think Ray Rice should be cooling his heels in jail right now and been fired by his employer for an unexcused absence.

PTI (Pre-trial intevention) programs are very common for first time offenders...and i don't believe it comes with an expunged record - that you have to pay for (which still is like pocket change to them).

DUI laws vary state by state - some allow you to expunge it, some don't, and they have varying degrees of length