Worst Rams Draft ever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
the pick that pisses me off to this day was Donnie avery over Desean Jackson... I think I understand how Jerry feels when we went brian quick over alshon jeffry...

You and me both. When the draft got into the 20's in the first round, all i was watching for was if jackson would be grabbed or not. Every pick i was worried. Then he dropped to us and i was so happy....but nooooooooooooooooo....had to draft a guy that made everybody in Ram nation go "wtf" "who" "wtf"????????? Was so pissed off. Could of had Jordy Nelson also or Eddie Royal.

At least we werent the only team to screw up. Skins took Devin Thomas who was a major bust, worse than Avery. James Hardy and Jerome Simpson were drafted before Jackson as well.

Still dosm't justify us taking Donnie freakin Avery over him. Stupid pick plain and simple.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That sounds like the title of the shittiest movie ever made.

Sounds like a STD. Damn it man, I just found out that I drafted the Zygmundt from that girl at the bar.

the pick that pisses me off to this day was Donnie avery over Desean Jackson... I think I understand how Jerry feels when we went brian quick over alshon jeffry...

Yea but I'm not angry anymore. Can't go back and fix it. Just have to move forward. Plus, drafting Austin and Bailey helped. I was very high on both.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Avery over Jackson.

The thought at the time was that Jackson was a diva and would become a distraction. I'm not sure that's ever been proven otherwise.

The competition would have been closer had Avery been able to stay on the field... though by that logic, we should have kept Alexander.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
In fairness to all those guys they were all rated as very draft able,some were reaches tis true, but they played for two of the worst head coaches this team has ever had.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yeah ,Shaw gets his share of the credit,he hired the coaches,Zygmunt and company drafted the players and the coaches failed to develop them,just a pathetic dark time.

Are we sure Georgia Frontiere wasn't really Sauron?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In fairness to all those guys they were all rated as very draft able,some were reaches tis true, but they played for two of the worst head coaches this team has ever had.
And yet they all did zero after going to other teams too. Just horrible, horrible picks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I remember being upset with the Kennison pick over Harrison.

Ram_of_Old

Without making any trades, rather than Lawrence Phillips and Eddie Kennison, we could have had Eddie George and Marvin Harrison.

Any other drafts you can think of where we missed THAT badly? 2009 was bad... but who else was there to draft instead?

Ahhh, Lawrence Phillips. The hopes were so high and so dashed.....:(

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
The 2000 Draft was pretty horrible as well. The longest one of them stayed a Ram was 4 years, the rest were less, and didn't get much from any of them really.

Untill I looked into it I had forgotten most of that draft except for the Canidate pick. Really bad draft.