Worst Rams Draft ever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

Without making any trades, rather than Lawrence Phillips and Eddie Kennison, we could have had Eddie George and Marvin Harrison.

Any other drafts you can think of where we missed THAT badly? 2009 was bad... but who else was there to draft instead?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
khl4lxw.png

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, but who did you want instead of those guys?

If everyone who was there to be picked was bad, it's not a screwup to pick someone who was bad (the 2009 lesson).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, but who did you want instead of those guys?

If everyone who was there to be picked was bad, it's not a screwup to pick someone who was bad (the 2009 lesson).
Well, in 2006 I wanted Cutler in the first round instead of trading back for a midget corner.
In 2007 I wanted Brandon Meriweather or Jon Beason.

I can't remember where I was on the latter rounds, but I probably could have thrown a dart and done better.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I was like 18 and I knew Tye Hill was a garbage pick. Who selects a corner that's 5'9"?!
Could have had Cromartie if they loved a DB and Fasano at TE in the 2nd.

'07 was another doozy. Wrong year to fall in love with D-Linemen, but could have had Revis ONE PICK LATER. Larry Timmons and Jon Beason were both 1st round picks that year too.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Well, in 2006 I wanted Cutler in the first round instead of trading back for a midget corner.
In 2007 I wanted Brandon Meriweather or Jon Beason.

I can't remember where I was on the latter rounds, but I probably could have thrown a dart and done better.

I loved Cutler too, but I think they had just given Bulger that massive contract so I knew it wasn't meant to be.

Lesson

Oh, really?
'07 was another doozy. Wrong year to fall in love with D-Linemen, but could have had Revis ONE PICK LATER. Larry Timmons and Jon Beason were both 1st round picks that year too.

There's no reason, IMO, why the previous regime would have picked Revis considering Brown's contract and drafting Hill.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I was going to say, "At least we got..." but then I saw the list. Did we find any UDFAs that year that stuck on our roster?

Crazy thing? Within 10 picks of us drafting Hill, two other Pro Bowl CBs were drafted(Cromartie and Joseph). Great Rams FO.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Two years without a keeper is hard to really fathom. Like X said I think you literally could have thrown a dart and had better success.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Two years without a keeper is hard to really fathom. Like X said I think you literally could have thrown a dart and had better success.
Where is your proof that isn't what they did?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

They had to be Blindfolded....no one is that bad at darts...

iced

the pick that pisses me off to this day was Donnie avery over Desean Jackson... I think I understand how Jerry feels when we went brian quick over alshon jeffry...