Worst Rams Draft ever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think all coaches though, to some extent, are cognizant of when their contract ends, and how they're not generally not going to be coaching in that last year without a renewal, so they'll try to win in that penultimate year.

In 2010, he was great. I'm not going to get mad over that final game because if it wasn't for the fact that the Rams were playing way beyond themselves to get to that point (and the rest of the division being crap), it wouldn't have been anything but just another game. You go down the path of getting mad about missing the playoffs despite the rest of the improvement, and eventually every season that doesn't result in a Super Bowl win is termed utter failure. Then you start thinking if you just keep hitting the reset button enough, you're going to get a "good" management team.

In 2011, some of the fault goes to the "win now" 1 year wonder veterans since I don't think any of them worked out. Most of the problem though was just a slew of injuries (including our 2nd year QB getting his brains smashed in behind a quickly makeshift OL, which I still wonder how much that hurt his development).

So I agree with you it hurt the team, but wasn't the main cause of what happened that year.
You are kind of new here. What I believe we used to say, was that it was a "perfect storm" of things that could go wrong.

As far as coaches, I think they make a huge mistake when they do act selfish (for lack of a better word), instead of building towards the team's future, even if that means taking a step backward. I think owners understand this, better than coaches/GM's/some fans. I am always in it for the long haul, so I want to see a team that is trying to build a higher ceiling, and are not satisfied with throwing an old coat of paint over the old ceiling.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are kind of new here. What I believe we used to say, was that it was a "perfect storm" of things that could go wrong.

As far as coaches, I think they make a huge mistake when they do act selfish (for lack of a better word), instead of building towards the team's future, even if that means taking a step backward. I think owners understand this, better than coaches/GM's/some fans. I am always in it for the long haul, so I want to see a team that is trying to build a higher ceiling, and are not satisfied with throwing an old coat of paint over the old ceiling.
Oh yeah?!

OH YEAH?!

Well... you know what... you so and so...

I AGREE!!!!

There. I said it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I generally felt the same way, but I kept noticing a lot of red flags before and during his last couple of seasons. I liked the guy, and I wanted him to succeed, but, IMO, you can't coach for "you", you always have to coach for the organization. His "win now" mode hurt the team in the future, unfortunately.

It did until the skins gave away that bounty to the rams. Then his desperation one year signings helped the rams a great deal. Firstly, they gave the rams the #2 pick. Secondly, after putting the rams in a great spot at the right time they were all let go never to be seen again.