With win against Eagles and a 2-2 record, how would you feel about Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

With win against Eagles and a 2-2 record, how would you feel about Rams?

• Rams are legit. Rams win more than they lose

Votes: 57 63.3%
  • Meh...They are going to lose more than they win

Votes: 33 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I like confidence, but grounded in reality. What have you seen to date that makes you think the Rams D is better than the hated Whiners D?

IMHO, the Whiners issues have been all about their offense. Their defense is still quite stout - backed up by both statistics and the eye test.
Nothing yet, but I do believe the current state of our D is an anomaly. That, and given the Whiners off season and suspension losses I truly believe we will be the stronger D when all is said and done, so call it forecasting on my behalf.

joeyknish

UDFA
"Lights out" like that come from behind win, at home, against the Jags? Or that impressive performance against the skins? I have yet to see your team play a "lights out" game this season.

I hate to tell you this but those games were just average by Philly standards and we still put up 30 points per game. The POS sessions I was referring to occurred last season.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hate to tell you this but those games were just average by Philly standards and we still put up 30 points per game. The POS sessions I was referring to occurred last season.
That was sarcasm, my friend. Philly has done nothing to come close to what I would call a "lights out" performance this season.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Not taking credit from their defense, but I don't think the 49ers did anything fancy. Time of possession was obviously in their favor. They ran the ball ... a lot. We can do that too, but I'm not so sure that our defense is ready to capitalize on that situation yet, though it should be what they are built for.

joeyknish

UDFA
Not sure yet who the starter will be, but I believe this is a game that will be dictated more by the D than the O and last night showed what an above average D does to Kelly's O, this year at least. You got into the playoffs last year, IMO, based on D's not having any tape and a very weak conference. And yes, I think our D is better than what you played last night.

I didn't realize that one horrible game indicated a trend. Every week, it's the same line: "you haven't played any real defense yet". And every week, we're still among league leaders in yards and points.

joeyknish

UDFA
That was sarcasm, my friend. Philly has done nothing to come close to what I would call a "lights out" performance this season.

Me neither except finding ways to win three games out of four, and still be among the league leaders in points and yards. I don't want to be the opponent that faces us when all phases are playing on the same page.

joeyknish

UDFA
I would have gone easier, but I am still bitter about Donovan's interception to the Greatest Show on Turf, which should have sent us to the Superbowl.

Penguin.

Rookie
The defense won't show up. Our running defense sucks, James Laurinaitus sucks at stuffing the run and is literally last in his position on hitting the ball carrier behind the line to three yards of the line, Jo-Lun Dunbar is basically leading the league in mistackles at outside LB, Ogletree is getting juked out by 30+ year old QBs with back problems, and our defensive line is just atrocious. Ironically, our pass defense is somewhat stellar. Janoris is showing up, and looks like a top 10 CB. EJ Gaines isn't looking too bad. Joyner doesn't look terribly great, and once we get Tru back, we should move Gaines and slot and either keep McLeod at safety or put Joyner there.

But our offense looks not so bad. Davis made some really stupid mistakes, but the kid can play. When he gets amped up it gets me excited. Quick is easily the most improved player on the team. Zac Stacy looks better every week he plays. The line is meshing, even with Davin Joseph in there instead of Robinson. We have a chance to put up points, but Philly will run all over us.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
The defense won't show up. Our running defense sucks, James Laurinaitus sucks at stuffing the run and is literally last in his position on hitting the ball carrier behind the line to three yards of the line, Jo-Lun Dunbar is basically leading the league in mistackles at outside LB, Ogletree is getting juked out by 30+ year old QBs with back problems, and our defensive line is just atrocious. Ironically, our pass defense is somewhat stellar. Janoris is showing up, and looks like a top 10 CB. EJ Gaines isn't looking too bad. Joyner doesn't look terribly great, and once we get Tru back, we should move Gaines and slot and either keep McLeod at safety or put Joyner there.

But our offense looks not so bad. Davis made some really stupid mistakes, but the kid can play. When he gets amped up it gets me excited. Quick is easily the most improved player on the team. Zac Stacy looks better every week he plays. The line is meshing, even with Davin Joseph in there instead of Robinson. We have a chance to put up points, but Philly will run all over us.
Dang @Penguin. ! You having a bad day? You've got me looking for a ledge, or bridge or something...

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I didn't realize that one horrible game indicated a trend. Every week, it's the same line: "you haven't played any real defense yet". And every week, we're still among league leaders in yards and points.
One horrible game?! Are you saying the games against JAX and WAS were good ones? Yeah, you put up a bunch of points but had to come from behind, at home, against a very bad JAX team and make K. Cousins look like an NFL QB. I wasn't even bringing up how bad your O looked last night and you were the one coming in here withe the "lights out" claims...

AZRamsFan93

Nothing yet, but I do believe the current state of our D is an anomaly. That, and given the Whiners off season and suspension losses I truly believe we will be the stronger D when all is said and done, so call it forecasting on my behalf.
I hope you are right, but I want to see something on the field trending in that direction before I will believe. I guess it is possible for the proverbial "light switch" to turn on, but in my experience these changes are more linear than step function (for all you math geeks like me).

joeyknish

UDFA
One horrible game?! Are you saying the games against JAX and WAS were good ones? Yeah, you put up a bunch of points but had to come from behind, at home, against a very bad JAX team and make K. Cousins look like an NFL QB. I wasn't even bringing up how bad your O looked last night and you were the one coming in here withe the "lights out" claims...

Last time, I checked this was still the game of football that we are discussing. In that game, teams must play for four quarters. When second halves stop counting, your point may have some semblance of relevance.

AZRamsFan93

Well this week you played a "real defense". How did that work out for ya?

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hope you are right, but I want to see something on the field trending in that direction before I will believe. I guess it is possible for the proverbial "light switch" to turn on, but in my experience these changes are more linear than step function (for all you math geeks like me).
I simply think Fisher makes the most of this bye week and we see a different D this Sunday. Playing against a bad PHL O line won't hurt matters either.

AZRamsFan93

Ogletree is getting juked out by 30+ year old QBs with back problems
Probably the single worst linebacker play I have seen all year. Ogletree should be really embarrassed.
My biggest concern on offense is that Fisher will pull a bonehead move and start Hill. If he does, and we lose, he should be fired IMHO.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Last time, I checked this was still the game of football that we are discussing. In that game, teams must play for four quarters. When second halves stop counting, your point may have some semblance of relevance.
Da fuk?! Whoever said anything about the 2nd half not counting? You drinking already? All I said was your iggles have struggled against poor teams like JAX and WAS and that was only in response to your "lights out" claim. My contention is simply that they haven't played a single "lights out" game this season.

AZRamsFan93

I simply think Fisher makes the most of this bye week and we see a different D this Sunday. Playing against a bad PHL O line won't hurt matters either.
Well, that would be the "step function" where we go from a really crappy defense to a good one from one game to the next. It is possible, but IMHO not likely. It is quite possible, however, that we will see improvement in some areas. If we combine that with an effective offense (predicated IMHO by Davis starting) we have a shot on the road.