Why is The Ed an Issue?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Ha you kids get mezmorized way to easy. I used to go to BUSH when the Football Cardinals played there. Now that was a park made for BASEBALL not football but us fans loved it any ways. Then going to games in the ED was even better yet. It seemed so big but there was not a bad seat in my house aways. It's time to get better again. Bring on the movable roof even if it means getting a new venue in the LOU. Keep the RAMS here.

I remember going to games in Busch II before the EJD (or TWD at the time) was completed. I still have a pennant from the 1st home game vs the Saints. :D

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
What cracks me up is that everyone talks about how dark the dome is. I think the Superdome is waaaaay darker.

I don't really get it. Do people really have a hard time seeing what's going on on TV? I've never once been anywhere in the dome and thought "Wow, it's dark here." LOL

I get wanting to have more natural lighting, but why does everyone think it's so dark?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I blame the St. Louis negotiators for being SO desperate to get the Rams in there as to have put that ill-advised top tier clause into the contract. They could have lost the Rams in 2005 over it.

Kroenke's just being a good businessman watching out for his bottom line. St. Louis negotiators could have done the same.

(Disclaimer: Even though I group up a Los Angeles Rams fan, I respect the St. Louis fanbase and consider them my Ram brothers. It would be a shame to lose them from the fandom should the Rams move, whether said move be to Los Angeles, London, Anchorage or Timbuktu.)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Living in Maryland I've driven out to see two games at the ED, the Skins and the Chiefs, and we lost both. Had really lousy seats for both games so I don't really have a positive viewpoint of that place. Would prefer an outdoor stadium with real grass but that's probably not going to happen. Whatever the Rams decide, please don't move to London or some place that would fragment the fanbase even further. Btw is there any NFL team that has moved more than the Rams?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Living in Maryland I've driven out to see two games at the ED, the Skins and the Chiefs, and we lost both. Had really lousy seats for both games so I don't really have a positive viewpoint of that place. Would prefer an outdoor stadium with real grass but that's probably not going to happen. Whatever the Rams decide, please don't move to London or some place that would fragment the fanbase even further. Btw is there any NFL team that has moved more than the Rams?
Oakland will get there if they move again.

I don't really count the Cleveland to L.A. move as anything myself, since they were only in Cleveland for 8 years. It's not like they set down a ton of roots there.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I've never been to the Ed Dome, thought id like too. I read articles often with people bashing it but I haven't been there myself to say anything.

If the Rams do stay in STL, do you guys think that they will build a new place or upgrade the Ed?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Good question Prime, no and yes the Gridbirds, if you don't count LA to Anaheim , both have played in three cities.
BUT St Louis boasts the top two most moved teams have stopped there for a while.

If I were Kroenke JUST the embarrassment factor of being lumped in with Al Davis " we're leaving for a prettier city,we're coming back hope all is forgiven " would weigh heavy on my mind.
Even silent Stan cares that he doesn't come off as a fool ,which I'm sure a significant part of the fan base would lump him into a Davis like character.
Has any city had more NFL teams move out than LA ?