Why is The Ed an Issue?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I love going to games in shorts any time of year so a dome is the way to go IMO .After all they are competing with my recliner next to the fire in winter and in the AC in hot weather IOW I intend to be physically comfortable and the Ed supplies that so the rest of that shizzle means little to me. If I don't have to sweat or freeze I'm happy.

People have to compare and feel deprived though so I guess the Ed doesn't live up to the game boy X box level of sensory demands todays fans seem to need so it's gotta go cuz the progression of escalation causes a sense of relative deprivation if a stadium doesn't keep up.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well for starters the seats are the color of two of our fucking division rivals. How has that not changed? I get the Cardinals are big but seriously...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well for starters the seats are the color of two of our fucking division rivals. How has that not changed? I get the Cardinals are big but seriously...
Yeah, that. I never understood the red chairs. They should paint the backs of all those chairs to look like jerseys.

Or, a simpler approach.

ynrllLM.jpg

Lesson

Oh, really?

The Dome was being built before the Rams moved into town. I don't think the seats were really things that the CVC was concerned with.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah I know, still the color scheme doesnt make sense because the stallions weren't red either. They were like a purple gold color.

They should have changed them long ago.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Ya know I've probably been to 30 games at the Ed and the color of the seats is something I've never noticed

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think someone asked Demoff about the seats before, and he said it was an outrageous price to paint all the seats. It would be cheaper to just replace them all even. I could be making that up though haha I'm not sure.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Smh
Are we going to the dome to be cozy or watch some football. Geez.
I've been to all but 11 rams games at the dome counting preseason. Yeah it kinda sucks if you want 5 star sushi and a coat check for your fur coat.
The fans should be standing and screaming from the first snap till the end of the game
Nothing else should matter.
People that like well lit and comfy should stay home.

fearsomefour

Legend
I remember being underwhelmed the one time I was there, and I was expecting to be blown away. It's better than the fish bowl the Dolphins play in, but it's not even on the same planet as Jerry's World. That place was absurd. So if they do build a new stadium in the Lou somewhere, I can see it eclipsing anything they have now. The standards have been raised by that dude. From what I hear, the University of Phoenix Stadium is something to behold too. Probably just the whole retractable roof thing...
Never been to Phoenix but my wife went when Warner was playing for Arizona. She said the stadium was sweet. Good seat almost everywhere, good food, easy to access consessions ect.
The only downside for her was almost getting arrested when she jumped the barrier blocking foot traffic from where the players drive in and made a run at Kurts car. He stopped and rolled the window down....about 4"....and was cool enough to tell the security guard to let her say hi and to let her go. Got a good laugh out of him.
I love her but she is Rams crazy sometimes.

fearsomefour

Legend
Never been to the dome although I am planning my first trip this coming season. A friend from Dallas who is a Raiders fan is planning on meeting me in St. Louis as I drive from Nevada to Missouri cause I am a Rams fan....sounds like something out of an old Mel Brooks movie. I think the Rams host Oakland, I hope so....I have seen too many games in that hole in Oakland.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Smh
Are we going to the dome to be cozy or watch some football. Geez.
I've been to all but 11 rams games at the dome counting preseason. Yeah it kinda sucks if you want 5 star sushi and a coat check for your fur coat.
The fans should be standing and screaming from the first snap till the end of the game
Nothing else should matter.
People that like well lit and comfy should stay home.

I hope you weren't referring to me there Yamster I want physical comfort so the game is all I concentrate on ,not that I just paid $10 for a beer set it down and when I went to take my second drink the damned thing is frozen,which happened at a Cardinals v Eagles game circa 1983, I don't want to be so hot I have to lay off drinking beer because I need electrolites ,and I want to always wear shorts because I can jump around and stand and cheer more easily the same as they facilitate tennis or any other physical activity.
Regardless who should stay home or come isn't for me to say I want the place full.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Smh

I totally agree with this. The problem is,,, the CVC , unbelievably , does not permit this type of behavior at an NFL game in STL.

That's a HUGE problem and the only solution is to get them the fuck out of the decision making process.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Not saying there weren't problems with the facility itself. Thinking more about fan experience. Dome was a rockin'!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I totally agree with this. The problem is,,, the CVC , unbelievably , does not permit this type of behavior at an NFL game in STL.

That's a HUGE problem and the only solution is to get them the fuck out of the decision making process.

Just wondering ,but has Stan ever offered to buy the Ed or vice versa?
Is there a legal way to do it and then rent it back to them for their events yada yada?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just wondering ,but has Stan ever offered to buy the Ed or vice versa?
Is there a legal way to do it and then rent it back to them for their events yada yada?

I'm not sure the Dome is a wise investment. From it's age and lack of tech to the extremely poor parking (tailgating)... it's a real dinosaur for NFL games now.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I hope you weren't referring to me there Yamster I want physical comfort so the game is all I concentrate on ,not that I just paid $10 for a beer set it down and when I went to take my second drink the damned thing is frozen,which happened at a Cardinals v Eagles game circa 1983, I don't want to be so hot I have to lay off drinking beer because I need electrolites ,and I want to always wear shorts because I can jump around and stand and cheer more easily the same as they facilitate tennis or any other physical activity.
Regardless who should stay home or come isn't for me to say I want the place full.

I meant that statement to no one, just my personal feelings when it comes to football.
I'm old school, all I'm there for is the game. I have a beer during warmups, but when they kick off that's it. 100% focus. Don't care if it's outside inside or played in a parking lot. Hot or cold. The Rams can play in it I can watch it.