Why is The Ed an Issue?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Rams football is the olnly experience I've had in attending professional sports. With that said, I love our dome. Words cannot describe how much I love being in it. It's huge! Yes I can see how it's like playing in a basement but I love that, too. I don't want my junk to freeze off while I'm trying to scream my heart out. It's a great place to enjoy a game and our owner pays a very small rental fee for our team to play there. Building a new one at the tax payers expense is just totally unnecessary. STL is finally about to pay it off and now a new one is needed??? Just makes no sense to me. I don't hear New Orleans complaining about their dome. We don't need a new one. We need an extension of the current stadium.

tonyl711

Starter
the lighting is the worst problem IMO, just way too dark in there. other than that I agree I see nothing else really that bad about the dome.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I remember being underwhelmed the one time I was there, and I was expecting to be blown away. It's better than the fish bowl the Dolphins play in, but it's not even on the same planet as Jerry's World. That place was absurd. So if they do build a new stadium in the Lou somewhere, I can see it eclipsing anything they have now. The standards have been raised by that dude. From what I hear, the University of Phoenix Stadium is something to behold too. Probably just the whole retractable roof thing...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've been to the dome many times.

It's not top tier, but still damn nice.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Dome's okay! It is too dark and the high end seating isn't that great. Can't expand it without tearing it up at great expense and shutting down the complex to do it! New stadium is in order with Stan paying for the majority of the cost of building.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
There needs to be easier access into the building to cut down on pre-game lines, and a better solution to tailgating. Outside of that they could use better cell service, and a better sound system, but 99.9% of any bitching is raised because the team doesn't win.

You don't hear anyone bitching about how "depressing" the dome is when the team wins.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Rams football is the olnly experience I've had in attending professional sports. With that said, I love our dome. Words cannot describe how much I love being in it. It's huge! Yes I can see how it's like playing in a basement but I love that, too. I don't want my junk to freeze off while I'm trying to scream my heart out. It's a great place to enjoy a game and our owner pays a very small rental fee for our team to play there. Building a new one at the tax payers expense is just totally unnecessary. STL is finally about to pay it off and now a new one is needed??? Just makes no sense to me. I don't hear New Orleans complaining about their dome. We don't need a new one. We need an extension of the current stadium.

You'd really need to go to a game in another location to get a good sense of comparison. Others have so much more to offer,,, way more.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You'd really need to go to a game in another location to get a good sense of comparison. Others have so much more to offer,,, way more.

It's a waste of money, period. Too soon for stadium talk and yet it shadows the whole team.

PhxRam

I remember being underwhelmed the one time I was there, and I was expecting to be blown away. It's better than the fish bowl the Dolphins play in, but it's not even on the same planet as Jerry's World. That place was absurd. So if they do build a new stadium in the Lou somewhere, I can see it eclipsing anything they have now. The standards have been raised by that dude. From what I hear, the University of Phoenix Stadium is something to behold too. Probably just the whole retractable roof thing...

Watching the whole field move indoors is absurd.

good luck topping that

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
I've never been to the dome so can't say anything good/bad about it, but from the TV it does look really dark in there. Only stadium I've been to was the University of Phoenix Stadium and that one was just awesome.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Watching the whole field move indoors is absurd.

good luck topping that
Now that you have all this ROD 'fuck you' money, you should fly me out to see it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've been to several sporting venues, MLB and NBA and NFL.

The issues with the dome are bad sound system even thoug they upgraded it a bit, it's still dark even though they've tried to make it brighter, the food selection and quality is awfully poor, the game day part meaning the halftime stuff and music is the worst.

They have a lot of work to do. I'm a football fan and I go to the games to see my Rams. But I also want a fun time, not just a football game, since the cost is high. They don't deliver that the way they could.

I posted this after being at a game 6 or so years ago. The music guy needed to be fired. I heard Tainted Love and a Madonna song or two used during TV timeouts and other timeouts. I like Madonna. But not with my Rams. And Tainted Love shouldn't even be played at the bottom of the fucking ocean.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree, the lighting sucks. Its to damn much concrete. Its built into the freakin ground.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I've been to the Dome in 2006 and last year I went to the cards vs rams game and honestly I like the Dome much better. It seemed it was just much bigger then cards stadium IMO

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I actually like how dark it is. When you see it on TV, you know its the Ed, and not some other stadium.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Probably the biggest draw back to me is the turf, too many injuries because of it. Next has to be the problems with the high end luxury boxes, they can't sell enough to please the owners. It is too dark, the video isn't up to standards the sound system the parking the lack of tailgating the hotels the public transportation

There is plenty enough wrong with it to make the Rams not sign a lease they don't have to it needs to be upgraded or torn down

Lesson

Oh, really?
Probably the biggest draw back to me is the turf, too many injuries because of it. Next has to be the problems with the high end luxury boxes, they can't sell enough to please the owners. It is too dark, the video isn't up to standards the sound system the parking the lack of tailgating the hotels the public transportation

There is plenty enough wrong with it to make the Rams not sign a lease they don't have to it needs to be upgraded or torn down

The turf hasn't been a huge problem, I think, since they have been able to reuse it since 2010. Though I could be wrong.

I personally don't have a problem with the facility as a whole, as I think it's still really nice, but some areas that could be improved on are the gates entering the game(it can take a long time to enter the Dome, though I don't know if there's really much the Rams can do about that), can be a bit dark at times, but there is artificial light entering the building, but not enough to make a huge difference, IMO, and parking. Parking isn't really a huge issue, but IMO, it would be a pain to park smack dab right next to the Dome and the lots that are nearby are really a few blocks away.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Also, my one proposal re: the Dome, would be to redesign the roof. The equipment in the EJD isn't meant for the outdoors, but that doesn't mean it has to be dark all the time. Ford Field has done a pretty good job at letting natural light in the building. I'd try to do something like that or make a majority of the roof transparent.