Why is The Ed an Issue?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I totally agree with this. The problem is,,, the CVC , unbelievably , does not permit this type of behavior at an NFL game in STL.

That's a HUGE problem and the only solution is to get them the fuck out of the decision making process.

It has gotten better as far as standing. Could be it was the Rams front office, but I think it was having a much better team playing more exciting games.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It has gotten better as far as standing. Could be it was the Rams front office, but I think it was having a much better team playing more exciting games.

That's good to hear, but I know it's still in The Rule Book that the CVC governs. They need to be taken completely out of the mix.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Since I have never been to the Ed, I can't comment on how good or bad it is. I can say it is dark and depressing looking on TV though.... or maybe that is just the Rams of late. I think that whole "Rams Rules" video that they came up with and played a couple of years ago is reason enough for that place to be burned to the ground.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm not sure the Dome is a wise investment. From it's age and lack of tech to the extremely poor parking (tailgating)... it's a real dinosaur for NFL games now.
Take a trip to Columbia some time ,I mean the city in MO not the origin of your favorite "spice".
Some of the buildings Stan owns in the downtown area with Kroenke Development signs on them are close to 100 years old and Stan has already offered to spend 64 million of his own money on the Ed,I'd bet with tax incentives and the like he could end up with the place almost free and I'd also bet he could make redeveloping it half as costly as a gubmint run graft laden project, the tailgating and parking are really minor issues.

Hell I might tender an offer ,call it the Odindome, have a big picture of me with my new hairstyle out front,or put ears and a nose on the current structure housing a mini theme park, I know Stan would rather rent from me than the CVC

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yamahopper said:
Selassie replied:
That's good to hear, but I know it's still in The Rule Book that the CVC governs. They need to be taken completely out of the mix.

I add, the lowest level of the ED is just so flat ya gotta stand if someone five rows ahead of you does,that area will be the first I change in the Odindome,interior of course, the nose and ears will take priority.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I hope you weren't referring to me there Yamster I want physical comfort so the game is all I concentrate on ,not that I just paid $10 for a beer set it down and when I went to take my second drink the damned thing is frozen,which happened at a Cardinals v Eagles game circa 1983, I don't want to be so hot I have to lay off drinking beer because I need electrolites ,and I want to always wear shorts because I can jump around and stand and cheer more easily the same as they facilitate tennis or any other physical activity.
Regardless who should stay home or come isn't for me to say I want the place full.
Eagle/Cardinals, Dierdorf's last game! Left after the halftime presentation! Toes were getting frostbite! No more below freezing games for me! A new stadium in the county is what's going to happen! Stan's stadium!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Eagle/Cardinals, Dierdorf's last game! Left after the halftime presentation! Toes were getting frostbite! No more below freezing games for me! A new stadium in the county is what's going to happen! Stan's stadium!
Was that Dans last game? I didn't realize that, but man it was cold and the beer story is no BS my second drink was a slushy third was a popsicle.
I stayed the whole game ,we killed them the beer and cold wasn't my most vivid memory of that game though.
Jaworski scored on a boot leg for their only score ,I recognized something in the formation and Jaws body language and was screaming to watch the bootleg from the stands,I guess they didn't hear me ,but everyone in my section thought I was a genius,they were of course spot on:cool:, that was pre lobotomy :(.

Of the things I miss about open air stadiums the thing I liked most can't be today,it was the aroma of pipe tobacco,some guy in my section smoked some really great smelling stuff and in the open air it was inoffensive.

But like Leno said when I started this gig pot was illegal and you could smoke cigs in public places er sumthin like that
New stadium huh? not on board with the Odindome idea?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Take a trip to Columbia some time ,I mean the city in MO not the origin of your favorite "spice".
Some of the buildings Stan owns in the downtown area with Kroenke Development signs on them are close to 100 years old and Stan has already offered to spend 64 million of his own money on the Ed,I'd bet with tax incentives and the like he could end up with the place almost free and I'd also bet he could make redeveloping it half as costly as a gubmint run graft laden project, the tailgating and parking are really minor issues.

Hell I might tender an offer ,call it the Odindome, have a big picture of me with my new hairstyle out front,or put ears and a nose on the current structure housing a mini theme park, I know Stan would rather rent from me than the CVC

LOL,,, excellent ideas.

But the parking / tailgating will still be a problem from what I've seen. The newer stadiums are surrounded by huge parking lots with extra long spaces for tailgating. I don't see anyway that can happen with the Dome. I've tailgated there in STL,,, but it was in a tiny little lot that was not even within eyesight of the Dome. I was only able to tailgate because my aunt's friends are die-hard season ticket holders and have a group that have these parking spots, and have had them for years or some shit... they told me how it's not easy to find tailgating areas. The parking is a big dinero revenue stream that I know Stan will not want to continue to miss out on... even if there was a big pic of you I'm afraid.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think someone asked Demoff about the seats before, and he said it was an outrageous price to paint all the seats. It would be cheaper to just replace them all even. I could be making that up though haha I'm not sure.
I'll bet the stadium authority could get literally thousands of volunteers to paint all of those seats.
Krylon makes a good paint for plastic chairs.

Paint party!

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Ha you kids get mezmorized way to easy. I used to go to BUSH when the Football Cardinals played there. Now that was a park made for BASEBALL not football but us fans loved it any ways. Then going to games in the ED was even better yet. It seemed so big but there was not a bad seat in my house aways. It's time to get better again. Bring on the movable roof even if it means getting a new venue in the LOU. Keep the RAMS here.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
LOL,,, excellent ideas.

But the parking / tailgating will still be a problem from what I've seen. The newer stadiums are surrounded by huge parking lots with extra long spaces for tailgating. I don't see anyway that can happen with the Dome. I've tailgated there in STL,,, but it was in a tiny little lot that was not even within eyesight of the Dome. I was only able to tailgate because my aunt's friends are die-hard season ticket holders and have a group that have these parking spots, and have had them for years or some shit... they told me how it's not easy to find tailgating areas. The parking is a big dinero revenue stream that I know Stan will not want to continue to miss out on... even if there was a big pic of you I'm afraid.
Anything to keep my Rams here.
Think of it Thor as the head cheerleader creating "thunderous noise " to shame the 12th man,we could serve fiskibollur in the concession stands ,serve authentic Haandbryggeriet Odins Tipple
in horns in the luxury boxes,nothing but blonds with underarm hair on the sidelines,horse meat burgers (way lower in fat) ,the ultimate fan experience.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Anything to keep my Rams here.
Think of it Thor as the head cheerleader creating "thunderous noise " to shame the 12th man,we could serve fiskibollur in the concession stands ,serve authentic Haandbryggeriet Odins Tipple
in horns in the luxury boxes,nothing but blonds with underarm hair on the sidelines,horse meat burgers (way lower in fat) ,the ultimate fan experience.

I'm not even gonna look up what any of that "food" really is.

I just love the sound of Shaming the 12th man.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I thought I read somewhere it would be cheaper to build a new stadium than do renovations to make the dome better. Right now its bottom of the league.

When I took my girlfriend to the Staples Center for a Kings game she was amazed at the facility because she said both the dome and the Scottstrade Center were just ugly concrete buildings, looked old and just uninviting. For hardcore fans who don't care, it's not important, but for many when they spend their hard earned money they want a nice place to watch the game.

I think the fans of St Louis deserve a nice stadium and the Rams do to. What I would really like is something that people see and go "yeah, that's the Rams."

A new stadium, some updated fresh new jerseys, and a new roster ready to take us to the top.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Was that Dans last game? I didn't realize that, but man it was cold and the beer story is no BS my second drink was a slushy third was a popsicle.
I stayed the whole game ,we killed them the beer and cold wasn't my most vivid memory of that game though.
Jaworski scored on a boot leg for their only score ,I recognized something in the formation and Jaws body language and was screaming to watch the bootleg from the stands,I guess they didn't hear me ,but everyone in my section thought I was a genius,they were of course spot on:cool:, that was pre lobotomy :(.

Of the things I miss about open air stadiums the thing I liked most can't be today,it was the aroma of pipe tobacco,some guy in my section smoked some really great smelling stuff and in the open air it was inoffensive.

But like Leno said when I started this gig pot was illegal and you could smoke cigs in public places er sumthin like that
New stadium huh? not on board with the Odindome idea?
I really think it's time that the county had the Rams games. City has had all the revenues from the sports teams all these years! Everything they need is there!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I thought I read somewhere it would be cheaper to build a new stadium than do renovations to make the dome better. Right now its bottom of the league.

When I took my girlfriend to the Staples Center for a Kings game she was amazed at the facility because she said both the dome and the Scottstrade Center were just ugly concrete buildings, looked old and just uninviting. For hardcore fans who don't care, it's not important, but for many when they spend their hard earned money they want a nice place to watch the game.

I think the fans of St Louis deserve a nice stadium and the Rams do to. What I would really like is something that people see and go "yeah, that's the Rams."

A new stadium, some updated fresh new jerseys, and a new roster ready to take us to the top.

That's exactly it. Any of us would sit on cold steel bleachers to watch the game. But the point is filling the place up all the time requires the casual fan and not quite die hard fan to have reasons to go and shell out the cheddar. The dome is not that place for those fans.

I love going and seeing the Rams of course. And so do all of us. But we would like it even more in a really nice dome.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yamahopper said:
Selassie replied:

I add, the lowest level of the ED is just so flat ya gotta stand if someone five rows ahead of you does,that area will be the first I change in the Odindome,interior of course, the nose and ears will take priority.

You are correct sir. But that is a issue common to most domes.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

Whether you read it or not it's very likely it's true ,most total overhauls of commercial buildings involve utility work and that shit is expensive .

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
What cracks me up is that everyone talks about how dark the dome is. I think the Superdome is waaaaay darker.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
What cracks me up is that everyone talks about how dark the dome is. I think the Superdome is waaaaay darker.
I have to disagree. I've been to both and the Superdome is a lot brighter. It's also a lot bigger. Concession prices suck equally at both venues though.:whistle: