Why Eagles Feel Great About Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Good luck Sam, would have liked to have seen you in Horns lifting the Lombardi but hey, we can't have everything...

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Wow, talk about team spin.
The Rams didn't put much around him ->we don't have much left but we will get something?
He got sacked a lot-> our blocking scheme which did not do great last year will fix this
He has a long injury history -> our S&C group will keep him healthy ....the same way they have kept the rest of our players healthy?
Man the Eagles are spinning this one.......they got fleeced

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
To me that read like someone trying to convince themselves (let alone anyone else) that they got a good deal.

They might be right about it in the long term - both teams may well benefit from it - but at this point in time I think they gave up too much. Not that I'm complaining obviously

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lolz. I bet you couldn't find a soul in Philadelphia that would say a single nice word about Sam before yesterday.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If Bradford stays healthy, this talk of who fleeced who may change by mid season.

If he stays healthy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lolz. I bet you couldn't find a soul in Philadelphia that would say a single nice word about Sam before yesterday.
Dude, I live in Eagles country. First of all, being a Rams fan is easy fodder in any territory over the last decade, but when it would come to ribbing me it was primarily over Bradford. Now these same folks are going to have to completely flip.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Haven't heard much of anything positive from Eagles fans this off-season on twitter. I think they're more pissed about losing Maclin than the Foles trade, but who knows.

Goose

GoosesGanders
Name
Goose
With Bradford it was never about his talent or his ability. Hell you could make the argument that he has more talent then Russell Wilson. It is about health and about production. Sam didn't really have either in STL. When healthy he had some positive sample sizes to show us his potential and talent but was never able to put it together. I understand he didn't have much in the way of weapons but neither did Wilson or Luck but they seem to raise their team members level of play. Sam didn't seem to do that. I always had high hopes for Sam and I still do but it was best for him and the Rams for Sam to get a fresh start somewhere else.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Betting on Sam to stay on the field for the season is not a gamble I'd be willing to take.

I'm very relieved.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The article is right about our Oline is has been total Shiat for a decade now and it isn't looking any better at the moment. This team got the franchise QB they wanted after crying about Bulger and getting him beaten into submission and then did the same thing to Bradford. Too many coaches and FO guys going for the play toys hoping to get the game breaker and ignoring the guys in the trenches. Boudreau might be a good coach but he isn't good enough to overcome the lack of talent this franchise has given him to work with. The defense may be badass but this offense won't be any better this year or any year going forward until they figure out the game starts up front.

Bradford has never been a problem for this team it's just like the article said they did not build around him to give him enough to make this offense succeed.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, we won't be seen the winner of this deal if we don't protect Foles. His major weakness will shine as he "Foles" under pressure. OL is priority #1. If Fisher and Co. don't go all in on fixing our protection, this trade will go down as the one that got him fired instead of the one that got the franchise turned around. I'm excited and worried at the same time. We still have a QB that crumbles under pressure. Isn't that one of the main jabs all the Bradford naysayers always had on Sam?

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
From Bradford's perspective this trade is the best thing that could happen to him. He excels in the hurry up and for the first time in his career he has an offensive minded coach. Matthews is better than any receiver we have on the roster. He has a guy like Sproles to dump the ball off too. I also see the eagles adding a few more pieces around him.

From the Rams perspective I see why they made the move. They got a solid QB. They save a ton of cap space and they don't make the Bradford gamble twice in a row. All we need Foles to do is to be a solid starting QB. Make smart decisions and hand the ball off a lot.

Yeah FRO, I've been begging for a hurry up offense from the Rams, for the same reasons you extol.

I'm more worried about how Foles will operate in our offensive system. Yet, I like Fole's touch on short dump passes more than Bradfords bullets...Yeah, Bradford has a stronger arm, but Foles has a better touch.

joeyknish

UDFA
Good read
Makes we want him back.

Of course it does. That article was from the Eagles news source. Chip is getting crucified by the local papers and fans, with some reservations because no one knows for certain what the final intentions are with Bradford. If Bradford was the play all along (and it does not work out), Chip will be vilified forever, especially when trusted local reporters are saying the Rams may have cut Bradford anyway (no idea how accurate that is).

Last edited:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Nah. Use those picks wisely. When we win the NFCW, we'll be ready for the dogfight that is the playoffs.

True story. Pretty much what I thought after posting that. That said, it would be nice to make the playoffs though. Especially if this is their last year in Stl. If we had Phillys schedule/division the last 3 years there's no question we'd be in every year

joeyknish

UDFA
I think Sam will kickass in Philly. Shame we couldn't get him weapons and a scheme that he could excel in. As long as he stays healthy they'll love him.

I think Foles will do very well here as well though, he's probably better suited for the offense Fisher wants.

In light of recent moves, the Eagles are now fielding garbage at the skill positions, certainly less than what Bradford had in Saint Louis.

joeyknish

UDFA
Lolz. I bet you couldn't find a soul in Philadelphia that would say a single nice word about Sam before yesterday.[/QUOT
Haven't heard much of anything positive from Eagles fans this off-season on twitter. I think they're more pissed about losing Maclin than the Foles trade, but who knows.

Chip was given quite a bit of latitude when he became general manager because of his coaching record, and we thought he was putting in whatever major play he thought he needed to land his ideally suited quarterback in the draft. That latitude became a hangman's noose shortly after 4 p.m. yesterday, unless there is another part to this trade that is still undone.

Last edited:

iced

With Bradford it was never about his talent or his ability. Hell you could make the argument that he has more talent then Russell Wilson. It is about health and about production. Sam didn't really have either in STL. When healthy he had some positive sample sizes to show us his potential and talent but was never able to put it together. I understand he didn't have much in the way of weapons but neither did Wilson or Luck but they seem to raise their team members level of play. Sam didn't seem to do that. I always had high hopes for Sam and I still do but it was best for him and the Rams for Sam to get a fresh start somewhere else.

Wilson has/had Marshawyn Lynch, golden Taint... Luck had Reggie Wayne and Ty Hilton...

The Best receivers Bradford has had was Clayton, Lloyd, Quick, and Amendola... amendola and Clayton IR'ed quickly, Quick was still learning, and Lloyd was traded for midseason... And none of those guys are near the levels the support Luck/Wilson have, nor have they gone on to do anything anywhere else.

ausmurp

Starter
From our perspective it was a very good deal. My thoughts on Bradford are that the Rams players and coaches were not equipped to coach and help Bradford to reach his potential. It's the classic case of if he were on a different team with better players and coaches he would've been a better player...

Now the team has better players and, well, the coaches are not very good but we get a QB in Foles who was already coached up for 3 years by capable coaches so he could've been coached up to his max potential (hopefully what we saw in 2013), and thus he is a better fit for this team. I think with Foles we get a QB who can be our Flacco - a guy who just needs to be tough and make the throws and let the team do the rest. We are now a playoff team boys, drink it in.