Why Eagles Feel Great About Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
If Bradford stays healthy, this talk of who fleeced who may change by mid season.

If he stays healthy.

They're saying the first surgery was never properly done - and the second surgery has fixed this....

If the guys lighting it up and Philly go win the division I'm going to be mightily P.O.'d I reckon....

But then again, I don't blame the guys for making the trade because it was a good deal.

fearsomefour

Legend
So, Chip Kelly's strength and conditioning program is the secret formula in the deal. I figured there was a catch. I had no idea that Chip Kelly had a better S&C program than other NFL teams. He must be smarter than the entire league put together if he figured out how to stop players from getting injured.

Good luck to Sam and the Eagles. Fair trade IMO. Both QBs could walk after this season, so there is an even risk, both have an injury, Sam is better when healthy, Rams get the draft picks. Even Steven.
Not all teams do things the same way. No idea the specifics of where their program differs but I am sure there is a lot more that goes into it/player evaluation/therapy ect than squats and bench press. Kelly is OCD in a Vermeilian way. Making sure each player has their nutritional/recovery plan in camp. That doesn't seem weird to me, it seems smart. As technology improves I think more and more teams will develop their own twists on player evaluation and development. Moneyball is coming to the NFL.....which is to say lookin at more than just 40 times.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not all teams do things the same way. No idea the specifics of where their program differs but I am sure there is a lot more that goes into it/player evaluation/therapy ect than squats and bench press. Kelly is OCD in a Vermeilian way. Making sure each player has their nutritional/recovery plan in camp. That doesn't seem weird to me, it seems smart. As technology improves I think more and more teams will develop their own twists on player evaluation and development. Moneyball is coming to the NFL.....which is to say lookin at more than just 40 times

I don't think it is weird. What I think is that sports medicine and training techniques have come a long way and every NFL team has a grip on them. Maybe Kelly is cutting edge but thinking that he can take a player that has had a rather extensive injury history and keep him healthy because of his S&C program is quite egotistical. Does he think the Rams didn't consult outside sources, like doctors, nutritionist, sports medicine professionals, physical therapists in regards to what was best for Bradford? Does Kelly have access to some top secret Russian athlete formula that no other teams employ?

I just think it is silly for him to think he is so much better than everyone else.................. and he had two QBs get injured last year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
In light of recent moves, the Eagles are now fielding garbage at the skill positions, certainly less than what Bradford had in Saint Louis.
Sprouls Celek Ertz Matthews are all better than what Sam had for his first few years in StL. He only got 7 games with the improved talent pool and still a crappy oline.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We still need to stick with our plan, before we traded for Foles. If there are no options in the draft this year, worth value, then Case Keenum will have to keep the boat upright. I hope we can still draft a developmental guy.

MrMotes

Starter
Bradford/Foles, Foles/Bradford, i don't think it matters. Whichever QB is playing for Phili will almost certainly have the better year.

Chip Kelly is about winning by maximizing output from the QB position. Jeff Fisher is about winning with defense and minimizing mistakes from the QB position.

I think this is a great trade for the Rams. But it's also a great opportunity for Bradford...

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
"I think Marcus (Mariota) is the best QB in the draft, but we would never mortgage our future..." -Chip Kelly
@nflnetwork

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
When Kelly was asked if Sam Bradford was a trading chip: "I'm the only Chip here."

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
"There's a consistency in my behavior. The fact that it doesn't jive with your schedules is I think what the issue is." -Chip Kelly
(Then walks off the podium)

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't think it is weird. What I think is that sports medicine and training techniques have come a long way and every NFL team has a grip on them. Maybe Kelly is cutting edge but thinking that he can take a player that has had a rather extensive injury history and keep him healthy because of his S&C program is quite egotistical. Does he think the Rams didn't consult outside sources, like doctors, nutritionist, sports medicine professionals, physical therapists in regards to what was best for Bradford? Does Kelly have access to some top secret Russian athlete formula that no other teams employ?

I just think it is silly for him to think he is so much better than everyone else.................. and he had two QBs get injured last year.
He certainly has a healthy ego.
It may be nothing more than playing the odds. The fact that both of Bradford's knee injuries were basically non contact would give me pause. They obviously believe two in two years does not mean higher risk going forward.
It's also low risk. They are the hook for one year and are taking a chance on a guy who brings more to the table than who they got rid of. If it doesn't work they can move on. He is arrogant and irritating, but, I like his gutsy nature.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good read
Makes we want him back.
a695150f45d455e301bc17c3f2ec293b_crop_north.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sprouls Celek Ertz Matthews are all better than what Sam had for his first few years in StL. He only got 7 games with the improved talent pool and still a crappy oline.
I agree that Sam had nothing to work with his first few years. The problem is that as the weapons started arriving(and they did), that's when Bradford was on the sidelines(last two years).

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I agree that Sam had nothing to work with his first few years. The problem is that as the weapons started arriving(and they did), that's when Bradford was on the sidelines(last two years).

Was just bad luck from day 1 to the end. Hopefully that's in the past now for the Rams and Sam, and we can start to put it all together. There's always been one problem holding us back from really exploding - and we sort that and something else came up. A run of bad luck.

iced

Wow, talk about team spin.
The Rams didn't put much around him ->we don't have much left but we will get something?
He got sacked a lot-> our blocking scheme which did not do great last year will fix this
He has a long injury history -> our S&C group will keep him healthy ....the same way they have kept the rest of our players healthy?
Man the Eagles are spinning this one.......they got fleeced

their blocking scheme also consists in All pro's at LT (peters), LG (mathis), and C (kelce)- with mathis and kelce missing a lot of time. 1st Rounder Lane right at RT and their RG is decent

they had/have a much better line than we do, no question