Why Eagles Feel Great About Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Let's be real,
Sam Bradford in Philadelphia
Not gonna end well
I wish him well though but if Foles broke his collarbone in Kelly's offense, some defense is gonna break Bradford's knees into smithereens.

Philly fan hates him more than McNabb

I mean if you listen to Kelly he is basically telling everyone he's a genius - and this is without ever winning a thing (or sorry, I can't leave out the NFC east title he won with Foles at QB)

Chip Kelly is about as crazy as Mike Ditka when he put that dready wig on. The dude has shifted into Machiavellian mode with some of his moves. Chip Kelly is taking on the world AND Philly fan - that spells doooom

All the while the Rams regime takes a more prudent approach is what's so great about this trade.

Every other GM knows when Snead calls you up he's gonna fleece you, everyone knows what happened with The RG3 trade, and to think Kelly ends up giving us so much for our broken dreams (Bradford) has now become a dream come true in and of itself

Two of the best trades in Rams history belongs to Snead and Co.

fearsomefour

Legend
Okay there are alwayw outliers.
Haha.
He is the only one I could think of.
In fairness to Beane he is very rarely in the press and never talks about how he gets stuff others don't.
Like most of this stuff, if it works Kelly is brilliant if not he is a fool.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
OK so what are you gonna do with yer Bradford pajamas? :whistle:

I bought a Bradford Jersey for T when we drafted him. He's not happy bout the trade.

They were sold out of the PJs that I wanted... I never got em cause of that.

I think I'll still wear my Bradford T-Back banana hammock though. The ladies love it.

rams2050

Starter
Operative words: "If Bradford can stay healthy."

Translates to: "when pigs can fly. . . " LOL

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Haha.
He is the only one I could think of.
In fairness to Beane he is very rarely in the press and never talks about how he gets stuff others don't.
Like most of this stuff, if it works Kelly is brilliant if not he is a fool.

Well Beane did bring in something entirely new to baseball. I don't know how new of a S&C program can be. I don't get what makes Kelly think he can make injury prone players not get injured but he certainly seems to believe despite having two injured QBs last year, because he did also sign an injury prone RB too.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Only thing is their trashing us not giving him any weapons. While it's true to a certain extent, wtf does Philly have to offer him now? That line better hope they can keep their crap together too. Man I wish Sam would've stayed healthy last year.
The defense adjusted rating average has him at #14 (upper 2nd tier). That's his record and who he is, until proven differently.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I agree that Sam had nothing to work with his first few years. The problem is that as the weapons started arriving(and they did), that's when Bradford was on the sidelines(last two years).
Agreed on the weapons Oline still a problem and that is why he was injured. Hope they get it fixed so we can see the best Foles can offer.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
"Bradford T-Back banana hammock..."

I am usually curious in the extreme... But... I just don't want to know...

RamBill

Legend
Schefter: Eagles’ Organization Believes In Bradford

Adam Schefter discusses Chip Kelly’s comments that Philadelphia plans to move forward with Sam Bradford as the team’s starting quarterback and the Eagles are not planning to draft QB Marcus Mariota.

Watch Schefter Talk Eagles and Bradford

fearsomefour

Legend
Well Beane did bring in something entirely new to baseball. I don't know how new of a S&C program can be. I don't get what makes Kelly think he can make injury prone players not get injured but he certainly seems to believe despite having two injured QBs last year, because he did also sign an injury prone RB too.
I think he is very into recovery protocol and personalized nutrition. I recall reading something about that. I don't know what most NFL QBs do for throwing/recovery protocols. Of course those relate to throwing and not knees. As someone who trains pitchers part time I can say that a good recovery program is lacking, even in most pro organizations.
My gut tells me that Kelly is just rolling the dice and playing the odds.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think he is very into recovery protocol and personalized nutrition. I recall reading something about that. I don't know what most NFL QBs do for throwing/recovery protocols. Of course those relate to throwing and not knees. As someone who trains pitchers part time I can say that a good recovery program is lacking, even in most pro organizations.
My gut tells me that Kelly is just rolling the dice and playing the odds.

I think he is rolling the dice too.

What am getting at with Kelly's S&C ideas is that this is the information age and I believe that if something really worked to keep players from being injured, especially injured ones, then every team in sports would know about it and use it. I know some regard him as a genius but he didn't come up with this stuff on his own. And where is proof that he is right.

I think that you are correct. He is rolling the dice and by telling people he will keep Sam healthy he is appeasing the fans and adding to this mythical aura that the media is turning The Chip Kelly Experience into.

joeyknish

UDFA
Let's be real,
Sam Bradford in Philadelphia
Not gonna end well
I wish him well though but if Foles broke his collarbone in Kelly's offense, some defense is gonna break Bradford's knees into smithereens.

Philly fan hates him more than McNabb

I mean if you listen to Kelly he is basically telling everyone he's a genius - and this is without ever winning a thing (or sorry, I can't leave out the NFC east title he won with Foles at QB)

Chip Kelly is about as crazy as Mike Ditka when he put that dready wig on. The dude has shifted into Machiavellian mode with some of his moves. Chip Kelly is taking on the world AND Philly fan - that spells doooom

All the while the Rams regime takes a more prudent approach is what's so great about this trade.

Every other GM knows when Snead calls you up he's gonna fleece you, everyone knows what happened with The RG3 trade, and to think Kelly ends up giving us so much for our broken dreams (Bradford) has now become a dream come true in and of itself

Thanks a lot. I was starting to feel better about this. Now, it's back to more missed sleep tonight.

joeyknish

UDFA
Sprouls Celek Ertz Matthews are all better than what Sam had for his first few years in StL. He only got 7 games with the improved talent pool and still a crappy oline.

And that's true. I am comparing what is/was currently in the cupboard offensively from the one in 2013, as opposed to what the Rams had when Bradford first entered the league. The signing of Murray makes me feel much better about everything.

Screw the Cowboys!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's be real,

I'm not a huge fan nor a detractor of Snead's... IMO, he's done what average GMs do... some hits, some misses.

But, as far as fleecing... based on what I've read, these great deals kind of fell into his lap.

Danny Snyder was hell bent on getting RGIII and a willing victim.
Kelly appears to have been hell bent on getting Bradford and was also a willing victim.

When you have one side that is basically desperate to get what they want, I'm not so sure it takes too much to fleece those guys.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It cost the Eagles a second-round draft pick in 2016 and a swap of picks in 2015 that is a difference of, roughly, 20 spots in the draft after compensatory picks are considered.
I was under the impression that the Rams received the Eagles 4th round pick this year, and their 2nd in 2016, and that there where "No picks swapped"! Could you please go into detail and show me where I'm wrong!? Thanks X!!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm not a huge fan nor a detractor of Snead's... IMO, he's done what average GMs do... some hits, some misses.

But, as far as fleecing... based on what I've read, these great deals kind of fell into his lap.

Danny Snyder was hell bent on getting RGIII and a willing victim.
Kelly appears to have been hell bent on getting Bradford and was also a willing victim.

When you have one side that is basically desperate to get what they want, I'm not so sure it takes too much to fleece those guys.

If it fell into his lap or not, Snead made these historic trades in all Rams history -
Which other two trades have the Rams made that contend?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it fell into his lap or not, Snead made these historic trades in all Rams history -
Which other two trades have the Rams made that contend?
I'm not saying they were bad trades or anything... but all the Rams from the RGIII deal are still not known to be more than average for the most part, and we won't know the true value of the Foles-Bradford deal until we see how each man fares with his new team.