Who's Your RT?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who Tha RT Be?

• Rob Havenstein

Votes: 101 84.2%
  • Andrew Donnal

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Joe Barksdale (Currently Unsigned)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Rodger Saffold

• Brandon Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garrett Reynolds

• Jamon Brown

• Other On Roster (Tell us in the thread)

• Other Not On Roster (Tell us in the thread)

• DCH after a Pizza and Beer Binge and an Extra 100 LBS

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is for @Memphis Ram and his credibility.
images

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
As many have seen and said already on other posts, Wichman is my steal under the radar pick for Snead this season. He just may need a full season of prep to be what I really think will be a starter for us for many years if he can escape the dreaded OL injury curse that hits every fricken grown man that walks on our practice field for a decade.

We had 5 centers actually have serious injuries last season. Thats just unheard of. We now know nothing about where we stand with each of these guys vying in an open competition for our starters job. No vet considered once we saw the medical on the Oakland raider castoff that is still an unsigned FA I think with his offseason shoulder surgery and where he is now in recovery. Second surgury mind you of same shoulder, ouch and no thanks we have seen enough thanks.

Center is the spot I fear the worst knowing we could have drafted Gallik instead of our Mizzu Wr that will be competing just to make the squad. I believe Gallik could have eventually started for us. Just am afraid of the limitations and the players coming back from injuries we are counting to be our pivot man. Yes it does'nt take much to be better than Well's as I think he was the worst ranked center in the league by PFF. I might be just 1 off. No excuse for our talent pool to be as weak as it looks that a guy we let walk away may end up being our starter. We just won't know till coach O gets a better look up close himself.

Believe Reynolds may be a starting guard till one of our young guys picks things up. Really hoping Wichman is that guy but we have so much comp going on and versatile players specifically drafted to play 2 spots. I'd be a mere guessing game right now from looking at just tape. I need to meet these guys and watch them up close and in the gym. I'm wondering how much youth Fisher can stand starting? We might be better off doing it if he is just doing it as a precausion and another of HIS rules. Havenstein won't have an easy go of it by NO means of the imagination. Hope the mental nature of our Iowa kid (Donnal) rubs off on our fatty. He better be weighed daily after he signs his contract too. A strict muscle gaining fat burning regime that is PH rated. So many new revelations on what and how to eat and so many new super foods to add to our guys diets. Go crazy on the coconut products too.

Wish I had front row practice tickets this season. I would'nt miss a snap. Injuries GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO RAMS!!!!!

Thanks for the reply.

I can't imagine any player with 2 healthy arms playing worse than Wells tried to do last year with one arm. Add to that Saffold playing with a bad arm and Joseph struggling. What a disaster.

I'm curious as well, to see if Fisher could bring himself to start a rookie.
Asking him to start 2 rookies on the same unit? That is doubtfull.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Thanks for the reply.

I can't imagine any player with 2 healthy arms playing worse than Wells tried to do last year with one arm. Add to that Saffold playing with a bad arm and Joseph struggling. What a disaster.

I'm curious as well, to see if Fisher could bring himself to start a rookie.
Asking him to start 2 rookies on the same unit? That is doubtfull.

Actually Saffold has had offseason shoulder surgery as G. Rob. has had toe surgery that was an obvious bother to him the last 3 games of last season. As my personal friend Bonifay Ram pointed out Stef. Wisneiski who was signed during FA'cy recently in FL. and I am so glad since he is recovering from his 2nd surgery on the same shoulder and I'm sure our DR.s were not impressed with signing him after looking at his state of recovery.
The two teams in Florida are kinda desperate as the phins (3rd team) seems to be on a slight rise in talent. And the combination of Wells , Joseph and Barksdale was a true nightmare . Coach Fisher wants players with Versatility as we passed on a pure Guard in Cann and a true center in Gallik and a lighter speedier OT from Oregon in Fisher that did'nt fit Fishers Mauler skillset. Lots of major moves between Snisher if we had just stayed put.
I was really hoping we could have gotten some vet help before now and think Snead did as well as he could to find Reynolds who actually has a plus grade (PFF) in his 42 games played. Right now Barksdale is actually the highest rated FA left lying around. This will sound crazy but Jerry Jones is looking to make a trade for a vet RB. Yet we just gave Stacy away to the Jets and I know we could'nt have pried La'el Collins away from the plowboys for Stacy,Watts & Pead . I'm just sick we did'nt use our late 3rd round pick for Mannion for Collins as we had assurance Collins had passed a lie detector test the day before when you know many would'nt even submit to one and he was'nt even afraid to try anything to clear his name. Not afraid of any pressure showing a positive result.

Sure I'm over thinking this but I'm just sick that O- line the ployboys have just added Collins as I was so glad they settled for the habitual Ricky Williams type rastafarian from Nebraska that fell in the draft and could'nt even handle the 90's in Dallas when the 100's with humidity are soon to come in much more intensity. We could use Collins and what a fit he would be as what I feel was one of the top 2 OL in the whole draft. A SURE starter for us.

If I did'nt need to be home I'd take 3-4 weeks to go watch practices this year as they will be well worth the time and effort from day 1. The other vets will know from day one who will and who won't make it through the process. I don't want the flood of injuries to continue and hope Snishers depth of work in scouting will bring us those players ready for a major fight through competition now. Don't even show up out of shape as some I've seen from other teams rookies on day 1. I know Gurley is and has been in a great rehab I hope we can not let him miss a beat and even supplement his rehab with EVERYTHING he needs to heal the best way. Not rushing anything.

Mason will be our Bellcow for the majority of this season I hope with Cunningham and Watt or our FA RB who is another Stacy type runner. Why Pead is'nt already cut I don't know . We save 1.3 Mill. (Or Close) with Pead cut. I really hope we save Gurley for primetime at least after the bye with our past injury record. Why hurry him? Lets see our nnew OC in action without Gurley. Plus have an OC that works better with our OL coaches in getting them help. Like with Kendricks helping our ORT whenever possible. Especially if we have early rookie passpro struggles. Just think we drafted for smarts also this year and won't see any Quick or G. Rob type transitions as we just can't make the playoffs with any of that.

Hope we can get daily practice reports that will make this site the most attractive site in all of RAMS fandom. Good Bad and Ugly.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Actually Saffold has had offseason shoulder surgery as G. Rob. has had toe surgery that was an obvious bother to him the last 3 games of last season. As my personal friend Bonifay Ram pointed out Stef. Wisneiski who was signed during FA'cy recently in FL. and I am so glad since he is recovering from his 2nd surgery on the same shoulder and I'm sure our DR.s were not impressed with signing him after looking at his state of recovery.
The two teams in Florida are kinda desperate as the phins (3rd team) seems to be on a slight rise in talent. And the combination of Wells , Joseph and Barksdale was a true nightmare . Coach Fisher wants players with Versatility as we passed on a pure Guard in Cann and a true center in Gallik and a lighter speedier OT from Oregon in Fisher that did'nt fit Fishers Mauler skillset. Lots of major moves between Snisher if we had just stayed put.
I was really hoping we could have gotten some vet help before now and think Snead did as well as he could to find Reynolds who actually has a plus grade (PFF) in his 42 games played. Right now Barksdale is actually the highest rated FA left lying around. This will sound crazy but Jerry Jones is looking to make a trade for a vet RB. Yet we just gave Stacy away to the Jets and I know we could'nt have pried La'el Collins away from the plowboys for Stacy,Watts & Pead . I'm just sick we did'nt use our late 3rd round pick for Mannion for Collins as we had assurance Collins had passed a lie detector test the day before when you know many would'nt even submit to one and he was'nt even afraid to try anything to clear his name. Not afraid of any pressure showing a positive result.

Sure I'm over thinking this but I'm just sick that O- line the ployboys have just added Collins as I was so glad they settled for the habitual Ricky Williams type rastafarian from Nebraska that fell in the draft and could'nt even handle the 90's in Dallas when the 100's with humidity are soon to come in much more intensity. We could use Collins and what a fit he would be as what I feel was one of the top 2 OL in the whole draft. A SURE starter for us.

If I did'nt need to be home I'd take 3-4 weeks to go watch practices this year as they will be well worth the time and effort from day 1. The other vets will know from day one who will and who won't make it through the process. I don't want the flood of injuries to continue and hope Snishers depth of work in scouting will bring us those players ready for a major fight through competition now. Don't even show up out of shape as some I've seen from other teams rookies on day 1. I know Gurley is and has been in a great rehab I hope we can not let him miss a beat and even supplement his rehab with EVERYTHING he needs to heal the best way. Not rushing anything.

Mason will be our Bellcow for the majority of this season I hope with Cunningham and Watt or our FA RB who is another Stacy type runner. Why Pead is'nt already cut I don't know . We save 1.3 Mill. (Or Close) with Pead cut. I really hope we save Gurley for primetime at least after the bye with our past injury record. Why hurry him? Lets see our nnew OC in action without Gurley. Plus have an OC that works better with our OL coaches in getting them help. Like with Kendricks helping our ORT whenever possible. Especially if we have early rookie passpro struggles. Just think we drafted for smarts also this year and won't see any Quick or G. Rob type transitions as we just can't make the playoffs with any of that.

Hope we can get daily practice reports that will make this site the most attractive site in all of RAMS fandom. Good Bad and Ugly.
Jim Thomas hinted hunted that there was more to the Rams not signing Weisnewski. Something that he wasn't at liberty to openly discuss.

I'm also a bit disappointed that we couldn't get Collins in Horns. A 3rd rnd pick would have still been worth the gamble. I think most here feel the same.

Regarding Pead. WTF is going on? Does the coaching staff love him that much, or are they having a difficult time stating the obvious? He was a bad pick. It happens.

There are some guys here that graciously put in a lot of work on their camp reports. The highlight of the offseason imo.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I can see it happening, though.

Then again; I won't be surprised if we sign Barks or Blaylock.
I would welcome either one.
My heart says Bazooka joe. My brain says take the G Blalock.

I'm not sure if Joe could play inside. If he could, he'd be welcome back with open arms

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would welcome either one.
My heart says Bazooka joe. My brain says take the G Blalock.

I'm not sure if Joe could play inside. If he could, he'd be welcome back with open arms

Hard to tell what we have right now... Do we need Barks or Blaylock? I'm guessing the coaches know better but even they are sorting it out.

I think we add one, if not another vet just to be safe.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Hard to tell what we have right now... Do we need Barks or Blaylock? I'm guessing the coaches know better but even they are sorting it out.

I think we add one, if not another vet just to be safe.
I agree. Another vet would make me feel a bit more comfortable.
I can't wait to see if these young monsters work out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Huh? I lose a lot of credibility by suggesting that a 6'6" 330 or so pound kid with 35 1/2" arms could get a look at RT on a team placing more emphasis on running the football??

Restore your credibility and explain why he shouldn't or couldn't get a look there?
He is not good at kicking out.He looks lost playing tackle.Why do you think he is listed as a guard ?Preseason last year was why he didn't make it.Uf he was that good he would have had a chance to play last year.Now after all the draft picks at RT you say Bond is going to start ???
I say far fetched !!! Shaken & not stirred

Memphis Ram

Legend
He is not good at kicking out.He looks lost playing tackle.Why do you think he is listed as a guard ?Preseason last year was why he didn't make it.Uf he was that good he would have had a chance to play last year.Now after all the draft picks at RT you say Bond is going to start ???
I say far fetched !!! Shaken & not stirred

Even if I agreed with your take, I never said he was going to start. I only stated that if he kept his weight down, he might GET A LOOK at RT given the new run emphasis. Why is that so freaking hard to comprehend??

BTW, players have been known not to be ready to contribute during their first opportunity with a team only for the light to come on during their second chance.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Even if I agreed with your take, I never said he was going to start. I only stated that if he kept his weight down, he might GET A LOOK at RT given the new run emphasis. Why is that so freaking hard to comprehend??

BTW, players have been known not to be ready to contribute during their first opportunity with a team only for the light to come on during their second chance.
I was going down the post & I thought it was a poll of who was going to start at RT.
--I'm a B. Washington fan the last 3 years.He keeps battling to make The Rams squad.Be is only 6'2 & does not have the measureables of T. Bond. I believe Washington can play RT better than him.As far as RG goes,I think he is a mauler(Bond)that has a chance to start.

Also think your a solid poster,but don't see Bond even getting a chance at Rt.Reynolds is going to get a lot of reps as well. One thing Fisher always says is there is not a lot of reps to go around w new coll/barb deal. Peace on dude 2

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Bond has the heaviest feet I have ever seen on a OL'er in a long time. Of the five OL posts the Right OG post is the ONLY post he could make it in the NFL. Boudreau had him plugged in there last season so he was on target here.

Issue for Bond is...he is not versatile. Boudreau just has no need for them. You might remind me that yes he does .....Ok last season Boudreau had a Non versatile OLer make his OL cadre....it was Davin Joseph...who was working in front of Travis Bond. Here's the real bad thing working against Bond...Davin Joseph was much better:confused::eek:! But the Rams are going to give Bond another look see this season.

Another bad thing going against Bond took place a week ago.....Boudreau got himself 3 very solid rookies who could fit in very nicely @ the Bond post. So Bond will have to get real smart real quick to last anytime here with these new arrivals.

In truth if Travis Bond does not right out of the box dominate all other ORG prospects & secures the ORG post then he will be a (n) candidate from Boudreau very early. IMO reserve OL'er Brandon Washington has a much higher chance of making this unit due to fact that BW can play four OL posts.
While I agree with much of your take on this, the one thing I will say about Bond, is he might be the most physical of everyone out there not named Robinson. I also don't necessarily agree with the "heaviest feet" observation. I thought he actually moved pretty well for being as big as he is. IF he is able to cut down on the mental mistakes and missed assignments (a big if), his lack of versatility would not mean anything if he is the best ption at Right Guard.

In terms of a comparison with Washington, I think Bond has much more upside. Albeit, I agree that Washington's "versatility" gives him a leg up. But, even with that, I don't think Washington is nearly as physical as he should be. And there have been many times, where I have felt he was the one with the slow feet.

It should be very interesting seeing how the rookies progress, to the point of how quickly they can push themselves into the frey.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As many have seen and said already on other posts, Wichman is my steal under the radar pick for Snead this season. He just may need a full season of prep to be what I really think will be a starter for us for many years if he can escape the dreaded OL injury curse that hits every fricken grown man that walks on our practice field for a decade.

We had 5 centers actually have serious injuries last season. Thats just unheard of. We now know nothing about where we stand with each of these guys vying in an open competition for our starters job. No vet considered once we saw the medical on the Oakland raider castoff that is still an unsigned FA I think with his offseason shoulder surgery and where he is now in recovery. Second surgury mind you of same shoulder, ouch and no thanks we have seen enough thanks.

Center is the spot I fear the worst knowing we could have drafted Gallik instead of our Mizzu Wr that will be competing just to make the squad. I believe Gallik could have eventually started for us. Just am afraid of the limitations and the players coming back from injuries we are counting to be our pivot man. Yes it does'nt take much to be better than Well's as I think he was the worst ranked center in the league by PFF. I might be just 1 off. No excuse for our talent pool to be as weak as it looks that a guy we let walk away may end up being our starter. We just won't know till coach O gets a better look up close himself.

Believe Reynolds may be a starting guard till one of our young guys picks things up. Really hoping Wichman is that guy but we have so much comp going on and versatile players specifically drafted to play 2 spots. I'd be a mere guessing game right now from looking at just tape. I need to meet these guys and watch them up close and in the gym. I'm wondering how much youth Fisher can stand starting? We might be better off doing it if he is just doing it as a precausion and another of HIS rules. Havenstein won't have an easy go of it by NO means of the imagination. Hope the mental nature of our Iowa kid (Donnal) rubs off on our fatty. He better be weighed daily after he signs his contract too. A strict muscle gaining fat burning regime that is PH rated. So many new revelations on what and how to eat and so many new super foods to add to our guys diets. Go crazy on the coconut products too.

Wish I had front row practice tickets this season. I would'nt miss a snap. Injuries GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO RAMS!!!!!
W-ski is w/ Jags.
My favorite guy in draft was Brown as a sleeper.I think he will be a solid starter for years.I think you just keep him on the left side like G.Robinson last season.
Havenstien is no fatty.J. Brown is though.His mind set is to be a LT coming in,but needs to get in better shape.Has body of a guard.
Wichmann is an interesting pick up ??? Like mind set & measureables.
Center position with Barnes being insurance puts pressure on the other 2 guys B.Jones & Rhaney.All three were hurt last season,but Barnes has been solid at center when giving a chance to start.Like I said his body of work speaks for it's self.S.Wells was making $28 mill & at one time a pro bowler.Hard guy to start over($$$$$),
---The offensive line will start with Greg Robinson.He was the #2 pick over all last season.If he is a bust at LT The Rams franchise will have a serious set back(Jason Smith) ,but Snisher has built a solid squad.
---Saffold can play all 4 positions on OL,but will be interesting where he settles.I think that becomes the base of the Offensive Line.
--J.brown/EJ Gaines ----
Rams got so lucky to get EJ Gaines in 6thrd.Afraid of trade up for Joyner & m.alex pick.Finally EJ.
This year the trade back was great Brown was still on the board & Rams take Hav over Brown.Havenstein had a 6th rd grade vs Brown 3-4 rd.Then The Rams pick up J.Brown & throw in Mannion (trade) for free.Solid first day of draft.Like late picks.
---Will be fun to watch how it all plays out.
---Still talk about j.Barksdale signing.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
While I agree with much of your take on this, the one thing I will say about Bond, is he might be the most physical of everyone out there not naked Robinson. I also don't necessarily agree with the "heaviest feet" observation. I thought he actually moved pretty well for being as big as he is. IF he is able to cut down on the mental mistakes and missed assignments (a big if), his lack of versatility would not mean anything if he is the best ption at Right Guard.

In terms of a comparison with Washington, I think Bond has much more upside. Albeit, I agree that Washington's "versatility" gives him a leg up. But, even with that, I don't think Washington is nearly as physical as he should be. And there have been many times, where I have felt he was the one with the slow feet.

It should be very interesting seeing how the rookies progress, to the point of how quickly they can push themselves into the frey.

Morning CoachO, have your new Ram TC folding chair pick out yet? Or are you going for a lounger this time:)?

Yes, Washington has shown slow feet in the past. In his one active regular season game back in 2013 everything he did was a step slow. Washington's one game was a big disaster ....nothing to like there in anyway. There has to be a real reason here as to why Washington has yet to reappear. I would think that now that the Rams have added for young OL'ers that Washington must finally put something down good or he be once again a WWC.

As for the well traveled Bond like I said it time for him to get out there & do something too. You have had a chance to watch him up close much more than I have by a long way "live" & he looks to have shown better on the times you were observing but from the taped pre season game file he sure looks tentative & slow footed to me even for a super large man. He does appear to be every bit as big as GR.

Looks like we agree here that if Bond gets his act together that his post is the ORG & that's it. But from all that I can tell he should fit this Boudreau blocking scheme very well.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I was going down the post & I thought it was a poll of who was going to start at RT.
--I'm a B. Washington fan the last 3 years.He keeps battling to make The Rams squad.Be is only 6'2 & does not have the measureables of T. Bond. I believe Washington can play RT better than him.As far as RG goes,I think he is a mauler(Bond)that has a chance to start.

Also think your a solid poster,but don't see Bond even getting a chance at Rt.Reynolds is going to get a lot of reps as well. One thing Fisher always says is there is not a lot of reps to go around w new coll/barb deal. Peace on dude 2
I am going to defend Memphis here. While Bond got the majority of his work at RG last year in camp and preseason, he did also take reps at Right TACKLE. Not saying he will get much more of a look there now with the rookies all being added, but prior to that, he was a consideration.

Brandon Washington is another story. While he may show some versatility, he doesn't excel at any. Yes, he fits into the same category as guys like Barnes, in that they have kept him around, hoping he develops. But of all the guys who have been here, IMO, he shows the least amount of physicality and I rarely see him dominate the guy across from him.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Morning CoachO, have your new Ram TC folding chair pick out yet? Or are you going for a lounger this time:)?

Yes, Washington has shown slow feet in the past. In his one active regular season game back in 2013 everything he did was a step slow. Washington's one game was a big disaster ....nothing to like there in anyway. There has to be a real reason here as to why Washington has yet to reappear. I would think that now that the Rams have added for young OL'ers that Washington must finally put something down good or he be once again a WWC.

As for the well traveled Bond like I said it time for him to get out there & do something too. You have had a chance to watch him up close much more than I have by a long way "live" & he looks to have shown better on the times you were observing but from the taped pre season game file he sure looks tentative & slow footed to me even for a super large man. He does appear to be every bit as big as GR.

Looks like we agree here that if Bond gets his act together that his post is the ORG & that's it. But from all that I can tell he should fit this Boudreau blocking scheme very well.
I think his issue in the preseason games were "thinking too much" and not being comfortable in his assignments. That caused him to appear to be playing slow, and also was the root of his missed assignments.

He doesn't seem to have the same issues on the practice field. He is one of the most physical guys out there. I have said it before, if he figures out the mental part of his job, he could be the big surprise. If he doesn't, he won't be around long.