Who's Your RT?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who Tha RT Be?

• Rob Havenstein

Votes: 101 84.2%
  • Andrew Donnal

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Joe Barksdale (Currently Unsigned)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Rodger Saffold

• Brandon Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garrett Reynolds

• Jamon Brown

• Other On Roster (Tell us in the thread)

• Other Not On Roster (Tell us in the thread)

• DCH after a Pizza and Beer Binge and an Extra 100 LBS

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Poor Garrett Reynolds, that's some crazy amount of disrespect. As of this post, there's 17 votes for Havenstein, 0 for Reynolds... and Reynolds was brought in specifically to play RT (at the time). He's being shut out in this vote of reasonably knowledgeable Rams fans by a rookie without 1 min of NFL play... even though most of us frankly don't know Reynolds from Adam's off ox. The one and only thing we DO know, collectively and as individuals, is that we don't want Reynolds to start at RT.

Hahahah I just voted Reynolds before reading this

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
With the run emphasis (finally) Travis Bond might get a look if he keeps his weight down.

I was really surprised that Bond didn't make the team last year, I thought he looked great in training camp. We'll see what kind of work he's been putting in when he gets to OTAs (June 2). Lots of competition!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Havenstein.

Unless Joe re- signs. Which I still give >70% chance since he's been free this long.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I decided to be different. I'm picking Donnal. For all of the accolades that Scherff got, Donnal was a better offensive tackle. I'm not doubting Havenstein, but Donnal could really surprise some people if he remains healthy. He's a much better pass-protector than Havenstein, and that could give him the nod. Havenstein is still an unknown for me, and I don't think he's going to be ready to contribute immediately because of his body-type.

A year in the weight room and working with Boudreau? Havenstein's my pick easy. Currently though, I want to trust my tackles to be good at both pass-protection and run-blocking. Havenstein's great at one. Donnal's good at both. That's why my vote goes to Donnal.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But this is the same staff that sat Aaron Donald and Robinson so I've going to say whoever is the oldest guy on your list.
That was crazy, huh?

As of this post, there's 17 votes for Havenstein, 0 for Reynolds
53-2, but who's counting?

I'd of loved the Penn State ORT taken at pick 34 I believe by the Bucs as he was just playing overweight his Senior season and lost all or most of his belly fat before the combine.
Donovan Smith had a monster Senior Bowl week. I really liked him...

Do people who purchased a Robinson 79 get a refund?
Just blue and gold tape.....contact the Rams front office
info@rams.nfl.com
http://www.ramsfanshop.com/Greg_Robinson_Jersey

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I decided to be different. I'm picking Donnal. For all of the accolades that Scherff got, Donnal was a better offensive tackle. I'm not doubting Havenstein, but Donnal could really surprise some people if he remains healthy. He's a much better pass-protector than Havenstein, and that could give him the nod. Havenstein is still an unknown for me, and I don't think he's going to be ready to contribute immediately because of his body-type.

A year in the weight room and working with Boudreau? Havenstein's my pick easy. Currently though, I want to trust my tackles to be good at both pass-protection and run-blocking. Havenstein's great at one. Donnal's good at both. That's why my vote goes to Donnal.

If you are correct; this could be one hell of a draft class.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I was really surprised that Bond didn't make the team last year, I thought he looked great in training camp. We'll see what kind of work he's been putting in when he gets to OTAs (June 2). Lots of competition!
With regards to Travis Bond, he was one of the first guys I noticed early on last year. They gave him every opportunity to make the team a year ago, working exclusively at Right Guard. The issue was pretty cut and dry. He just missed WAY too many assignments throughout the preseason to give himself a chance to stick.

Unless and until he steps it up mentally, I doubt anything changes. Physically, he is as imposing as Robinson, and fits the mold perfectly of what they appear to want in their linemen. IF, and its a big if, he can figure it out, he could be a darkhorse to not only make the team, but to compete for a starting job at RG.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
With regards to Travis Bond, he was one of the first guys I noticed early on last year. They gave him every opportunity to make the team a year ago, working exclusively at Right Guard. The issue was pretty cut and dry. He just missed WAY too many assignments throughout the preseason to give himself a chance to stick.

Unless and until he steps it up mentally, I doubt anything changes. Physically, he is as imposing as Robinson, and fits the mold perfectly of what they appear to want in their linemen. IF, and its a big if, he can figure it out, he could be a darkhorse to not only make the team, but to compete for a starting job at RG.

Nice seeing you back in the fray, @CoachO

So hey, do you remember, did Travis Bond look bad because he was just getting a steady diet of Aaron Donald? Or was everybody beating him e.g. was Carrington beating him? Donald made everyone look silly, esp when wearing shells, and that's what was catching my attention. But Bond is one of those guys that would need full pads and full contact (and 60 mins of leaning on you) to show you why he's there. From memory, Bond was taking snaps with the 1s on some days.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If you are correct; this could be one hell of a draft class.

And for the love of fate, do not count out Cody Wichmann. This kid proved himself against the unanimous best defensive lineman in the Pac-12, the guy whom the Jaguars should have taken. He's going to start eventually. I don't know if it'll be this season or when Saffold is released for cap reasons, but he's going to start for this team.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The veteran Garrett Reynolds will ride the ORT first team until Havenstein gets up to speed. ORT Andrew Donnal has about 3 months to get strong in order to fight with Havenstein early to battle to overtake the vet.

Boudreau loves refurbishing projects & its been a long while since he has had his hands on Garrett. I think Boudreau will enjoy working some with Garrett. As far as Jamon Brown, Boudreau needs one of the rookies to work on the left side with Brandon Washington & Barrett Jones since he has Havenstein,Donnal & Wichmann dueling on the right.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Nice seeing you back in the fray, @CoachO

So hey, do you remember, did Travis Bond look bad because he was just getting a steady diet of Aaron Donald? Or was everybody beating him e.g. was Carrington beating him? Donald made everyone look silly, esp when wearing shells, and that's what was catching my attention. But Bond is one of those guys that would need full pads and full contact (and 60 mins of leaning on you) to show you why he's there. From memory, Bond was taking snaps with the 1s on some days.
His issues weren't in training camp as far as getting best in practice. They were consistently missing assignments, especially in the preseason games.

He took his reps almost exclusively with the "2's" at RT. was there throughout camp and preseason.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Watching so much game film since the draft I'd of loved the Penn State ORT taken at pick 34 I believe by the Bucs as he was just playing overweight his Senior season and lost all or most of his belly fat before the combine. I fully believe we got THE VERY LAST ORT taken in this years draft that CAN start day one this year.

I like his quick speed I never expected and his ARMS need MAJOR muscle help to deliver MUCH better blows as his long arms did'nt help him with the bench press but our trainors MUST build up those very weak and small muscled arms for such a very big man that has been as big as 390lbs at least on record and has lost down to 321 and still needs to get some tone and muscle strength to really deliver a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL Punch with those very long arms on that giant frame.

I weigh 410 and played ORT 8 years but now am missing my bottom 3 back discs through many surgeries. Used to major bodybuild. Am worried about havensteins wrist strength as he wraps his wrists to play the game. Wecan fix that very fast in the gym and training room.

This is a minor observance of mine as I full well know Havenstein only had 2.5 sacks in what 325+ pass attempts with the Badgers. Yes they are'nt NFL pass rushers as I know Hendricks will be a major help early in helping Havenstein on pass plays. He WILL be challenged with the kitchen sink early. If he can go against Quinn and Long and Aaron Donald in practice he will go to school quickly. I'm sure G. Rob will have his back teaching him to only win by all his early losses and just keep learning and improving as quick as he can.

I don't think barksdale could hold off Havenstein for 3 games at the most as a starter. Love how he hits something and gets to second level so fast and I can see us using him as a puller and creating plays where he can crossbuck block with the guard and has much quicker feet in his stiff body than I'd ever see. He has to slowly learn how to bend better. AND HE WILL as this is a lunchpail ORT and he will be special very early this season. Hope he picks up his new lingo as fast as he can.

I'm so much more worried about our starting center and then second who will start at guard opposite Saffold as I at least see we have a bunch of guys very worthy to fill that spot and do very well this year with durability and we can lose the curse of OL injuries we've carried for so many years. We've got guys with longevity,scheme,smarts and a deep hunger to just get better and be the best they can be. I'm normally negative but I think we have guys who can work well together and maybe not make the probowl but open holes for our RB's and pass block for Foles.
Have you seen any film on Brown, Donnell and Wichman?
I'm also curious about starting G/C possibilities.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Y

Yeah Coach---Memphis losses a lot of creditability !!!Bond at RT ????
---He could start at RG ???
(Bond,Saffold, ,or Wichmann,Reynolds,Washington,Jones)
Rt---Reynolds,Havenstien,& Donnal
C--(Barnes,Rhaney,Jones)
RG(Saffold,Jones,Brown,Washington,Bond,Wichmann)
LTRobinson,Saffold,Brown)

My take is competition is good.
Bond best chance is at RG,but my take is Brown will be The Rams starting LG.If not he will be in the same position as Greg Robinson last season being on left side.

Big question is will all 4 Rams 2015 Offensive Lineman make the squad ???

Memphis Ram

Legend
Y

C--(Barnes,Rhaney,Jones)

Bond best chance is at RG,but my take is Brown will be The Rams starting LG.If not he will be in the same position as Greg Robinson last season being on left side.

Huh? I lose a lot of credibility by suggesting that a 6'6" 330 or so pound kid with 35 1/2" arms could get a look at RT on a team placing more emphasis on running the football??

Restore your credibility and explain why he shouldn't or couldn't get a look there?

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Rob Havenstein... the "Big Nasty!" IMO, it's his to lose.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Y

C--(Barnes,Rhaney,Jones)

Bond has the heaviest feet I have ever seen on a OL'er in a long time. Of the five OL posts the Right OG post is the ONLY post he could make it in the NFL. Boudreau had him plugged in there last season so he was on target here.

Issue for Bond is...he is not versatile. Boudreau just has no need for them. You might remind me that yes he does .....Ok last season Boudreau had a Non versatile OLer make his OL cadre....it was Davin Joseph...who was working in front of Travis Bond. Here's the real bad thing working against Bond...Davin Joseph was much better:confused::eek:! But the Rams are going to give Bond another look see this season.

Another bad thing going against Bond took place a week ago.....Boudreau got himself 3 very solid rookies who could fit in very nicely @ the Bond post. So Bond will have to get real smart real quick to last anytime here with these new arrivals.

In truth if Travis Bond does not right out of the box dominate all other ORG prospects & secures the ORG post then he will be a (n) candidate from Boudreau very early. IMO reserve OL'er Brandon Washington has a much higher chance of making this unit due to fact that BW can play four OL posts.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Have you seen any film on Brown, Donnell and Wichman?
I'm also curious about starting G/C possibilities.

As many have seen and said already on other posts, Wichman is my steal under the radar pick for Snead this season. He just may need a full season of prep to be what I really think will be a starter for us for many years if he can escape the dreaded OL injury curse that hits every fricken grown man that walks on our practice field for a decade.

We had 5 centers actually have serious injuries last season. Thats just unheard of. We now know nothing about where we stand with each of these guys vying in an open competition for our starters job. No vet considered once we saw the medical on the Oakland raider castoff that is still an unsigned FA I think with his offseason shoulder surgery and where he is now in recovery. Second surgury mind you of same shoulder, ouch and no thanks we have seen enough thanks.

Center is the spot I fear the worst knowing we could have drafted Gallik instead of our Mizzu Wr that will be competing just to make the squad. I believe Gallik could have eventually started for us. Just am afraid of the limitations and the players coming back from injuries we are counting to be our pivot man. Yes it does'nt take much to be better than Well's as I think he was the worst ranked center in the league by PFF. I might be just 1 off. No excuse for our talent pool to be as weak as it looks that a guy we let walk away may end up being our starter. We just won't know till coach O gets a better look up close himself.

Believe Reynolds may be a starting guard till one of our young guys picks things up. Really hoping Wichman is that guy but we have so much comp going on and versatile players specifically drafted to play 2 spots. I'd be a mere guessing game right now from looking at just tape. I need to meet these guys and watch them up close and in the gym. I'm wondering how much youth Fisher can stand starting? We might be better off doing it if he is just doing it as a precausion and another of HIS rules. Havenstein won't have an easy go of it by NO means of the imagination. Hope the mental nature of our Iowa kid (Donnal) rubs off on our fatty. He better be weighed daily after he signs his contract too. A strict muscle gaining fat burning regime that is PH rated. So many new revelations on what and how to eat and so many new super foods to add to our guys diets. Go crazy on the coconut products too.

Wish I had front row practice tickets this season. I would'nt miss a snap. Injuries GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO RAMS!!!!!