Who's Your RT?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who Tha RT Be?

• Rob Havenstein

Votes: 101 84.2%
  • Andrew Donnal

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Joe Barksdale (Currently Unsigned)

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Rodger Saffold

• Brandon Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garrett Reynolds

• Jamon Brown

• Other On Roster (Tell us in the thread)

• Other Not On Roster (Tell us in the thread)

• DCH after a Pizza and Beer Binge and an Extra 100 LBS

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Seems like everyone is penciling Havenstein in at RT, but camp has yet to begin, and we've got lots of candidates (for once). So... who do you think will end up taking the RT position in the regular season?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think Havenstein will line up with the 1s on the first day of camp.

Whether he is still there on the last day of camp remains to be seen - but I think he is there in pretty dark pencil.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Havenstein will get every chance to lock it up so it's most likely. I do think Donnal will be thrown in the mix at RT as well, btw and he does have a chance. But he's not as physical so his chances of success lie in them liking his pass pro better. It's definitely gonna be a rookie at RT in my estimation.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, there's one vote for me in there (and it's not by me). Time to order twelve pizzas and a case of the highest-calorie IPA I can find!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Normally I would say that you don't draft a guy in the second round to fill a hole and then not start him.

But this is the same staff that sat Aaron Donald and Robinson so I've going to say whoever is the oldest guy on your list. That's who will start.

Seriously it's tough to say. Usually a position isn't this wide open. If I had to bet it'd be Havenstein.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Poor Garrett Reynolds, that's some crazy amount of disrespect. As of this post, there's 17 votes for Havenstein, 0 for Reynolds... and Reynolds was brought in specifically to play RT (at the time). He's being shut out in this vote of reasonably knowledgeable Rams fans by a rookie without 1 min of NFL play... even though most of us frankly don't know Reynolds from Adam's off ox. The one and only thing we DO know, collectively and as individuals, is that we don't want Reynolds to start at RT.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Well, there's one vote for me in there (and it's not by me). Time to order twelve pizzas and a case of the highest-calorie IPA I can find!
Hit the training table, boy! And, can I come over?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
At this point in time I have to go with Havenstein. He's the best option on the roster right now.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Frankenstein, it's his job to lose.
If he's close but not ready yet Saffold will move over for a couple games. Why? Cause that's the track record with Saffold, he's next man up on the Oline.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There is no question as Rob Havenstein's favorite movie is: Going My Way!
CEMpFURWYAAB47c.jpg:large

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Unless he has a Brian Quick learning curve we shouldn't reach for him 2nd Rd just to ride the bench.

A55VA6

Legend
Havenstein for now. Will have to see him perform in training camp and preseason though.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I couldn't help but go for the silly answer...
My real answer is what the other 99.62% of people have said, big Rob Havenstein :)

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Watching so much game film since the draft I'd of loved the Penn State ORT taken at pick 34 I believe by the Bucs as he was just playing overweight his Senior season and lost all or most of his belly fat before the combine. I fully believe we got THE VERY LAST ORT taken in this years draft that CAN start day one this year.

I like his quick speed I never expected and his ARMS need MAJOR muscle help to deliver MUCH better blows as his long arms did'nt help him with the bench press but our trainors MUST build up those very weak and small muscled arms for such a very big man that has been as big as 390lbs at least on record and has lost down to 321 and still needs to get some tone and muscle strength to really deliver a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL Punch with those very long arms on that giant frame.

I weigh 410 and played ORT 8 years but now am missing my bottom 3 back discs through many surgeries. Used to major bodybuild. Am worried about havensteins wrist strength as he wraps his wrists to play the game. Wecan fix that very fast in the gym and training room.

This is a minor observance of mine as I full well know Havenstein only had 2.5 sacks in what 325+ pass attempts with the Badgers. Yes they are'nt NFL pass rushers as I know Hendricks will be a major help early in helping Havenstein on pass plays. He WILL be challenged with the kitchen sink early. If he can go against Quinn and Long and Aaron Donald in practice he will go to school quickly. I'm sure G. Rob will have his back teaching him to only win by all his early losses and just keep learning and improving as quick as he can.

I don't think barksdale could hold off Havenstein for 3 games at the most as a starter. Love how he hits something and gets to second level so fast and I can see us using him as a puller and creating plays where he can crossbuck block with the guard and has much quicker feet in his stiff body than I'd ever see. He has to slowly learn how to bend better. AND HE WILL as this is a lunchpail ORT and he will be special very early this season. Hope he picks up his new lingo as fast as he can.

I'm so much more worried about our starting center and then second who will start at guard opposite Saffold as I at least see we have a bunch of guys very worthy to fill that spot and do very well this year with durability and we can lose the curse of OL injuries we've carried for so many years. We've got guys with longevity,scheme,smarts and a deep hunger to just get better and be the best they can be. I'm normally negative but I think we have guys who can work well together and maybe not make the probowl but open holes for our RB's and pass block for Foles.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like and pick Havenstein, BUT I still want Barksdale back too!