Who will be odd man out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me help clear this up, because I'm not attacking you.

You said:
i never said Pettis doesnt play outside i just said imo hes not good at it.

My response was that his stats are identical inside and outside. That means he's good at both. Or, if you prefer, not good at either.

As for you not comparing him to Quick, how else would one construe this statement?
i disagree imo pettis is not better (than Quick).

But I'm not comparing them either. Pettis is a utility receiver who's proven to be very reliable. Quick is a physical specimen who should be our answer to the X or Z position and stay there for the next 8-10 years. BUT. Until he can do that, Pettis is going to get the majority of the targets because he's demonstrated that he can make the tough grab and fight for the ball in the air. His range and hands are very good. As are Quick's, but he's not nearly as physical on contested balls, so he doesn't get a lot of those opportunities.

Yet.

This should be his year. Because if it isn't, then there's something quite decidedly wrong with his game.

Basicallywhat im saying when it all boils down. Rather it be Britt, Bailey, or Quick i dont see Pettis seeing the field nearly as much as he did last season. I also dont see him getting the 30 something catches he got last season. I will give Pettis this though hes good in the red zone

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with a lot that has been said about Quick. As far as ability, it's there. As far as aggression and mentally, that's the part that's holding him back and may never get. What seperates athletes isn't always the physical ability. Many times it's that killer instinct and aggression. That's what set Michael Jordan apart from the rest. The thing that has me excited about Britt isn't just the physical ability, but it's the report of competitiveness and intensity in OTAs. That's what Quick needs. If you watch his college stuff he is playing with attitude and confidence. When you watch him in the pros you don't see that.

i hoping some of twhat britt is doing will rub off on Quick. Quick needs to e paying attention Britt on the field

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Basicallywhat im saying when it all boils down. Rather it be Britt, Bailey, or Quick i dont see Pettis seeing the field nearly as much as he did last season. I also dont see him getting the 30 something catches he got last season. I will give Pettis this though hes good in the red zone
Thass cool. All I care about is production. I really don't care who it comes from.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It'll probably be Pettis with Fisher getting all the guys he wants and morphing the team into what he wants, there's probably no more place for Spag's guy.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It'll probably be Pettis with Fisher getting all the guys he wants and morphing the team into what he wants, there's probably no more place for Spag's guy.
I would hope the decision is made based on who has the most talent rather than on who drafted him.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I would hope the decision is made based on who has the most talent rather than on who drafted him.
Well we also have multiple guys who are just like in playing style or just flat out better whom Fisher is probably more interested in seeing. The whole Spags thing was just pointing out that he's one of the few remnants of something that's been changed almost completely since Fisher got here and only here because he was still the best out of a bad situation. I think now that Fisher has amassed the talent he wants, it's probably curtains for Pettis.

However, I wouldn't stake my life on that, I've said this multiple times since Pettis got here and he's managed to stay on board, so who knows?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think a lot of decisions will be made based on special teams... in the end.

Fisher has already proved that he's willing to keep a lopsided position if the talent is there, but they will have to contribute in some way. Quick note that our some of our TE's are also used as FB's. I can't wait to see Harkey this year, after how hard he's worked on his strength, hands, and speed since coming out of college as an UDFA in 2012.