Who to cut from the team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That's it for my cuts but in addition to this list I'm trying to trade Robert Quinn for whatever draft picks or OLine help I can get for him.
I like most of what your saying, OldSchool, But I'm not too sure about a Quinn Trade at this point! Although I do see your reasoning!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I lean that way too, but that remains to be seen.
As you said, though, his impending contract will likely be the bigger hurdle.
Can't give Tavon that kind of coin and offer less to receivers who produce more.
-X- do you think that Britt's shoulder issues will have any effect on Britt's contract talks!?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I might be considered too HARSH but these players would be on my list..

Let them Walk if their contracts have expired or Cut Bait

Keenum, Case
Saffold, Rodger
Arkin, David
Barnes, Tim
Williams, Darrell
Murphy, Pace
Rhaney, Demetrius
Battle, Isaiah

Kendricks, Lance
Harkey, Cory
Britt, Kenny

Quick, Brian

Reynolds, Chase
Cunningham, Benny
Laskey, Zach

Hayes, William
Sims, Eugene
Fox, Morgan

McDonald, T.J.
Davis, Cody
Countess, Blake
Johnson, Isaiah
Grigsby, Nic
Littleton, Cory

2015-10+Cut+from+Team.jpg

ramfan46

Pro Bowler

Fine with all of this with 2 exceptions, Cunningham on a team friendly deal and Cody Davis who should come cheap and is money on ST and can play FS in a pinch. I personally think he can start at FS, he's a coverage guy, not a hitter. We have enough hitters in the back end so I like what Cody brings and he will be relatively cheap. Will be very curious to see if the new coach keeps Joyner at Nickel or thinks about the FS switch.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Let's start with everyone and work our way back from there.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kendricks $4,250,000
Barnes $3,000,000
Saffold $4,222,223

That saves about $11.5 mil
Added to our available cap of about $44mil gives the new staff a chance to bring in some new guys.
Then a new GM or coach may want to take a look at Quinn's salary and determine if he is worth his
salary. He would save another $9mil.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Really couldn't care less if most of those guys stayed or got cut, it really won't effect anything.

But, cutting Rodger Saffold, Tim Barnes, TJ McDonald, Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, Eugene Sims, AND William Hayes all would be dumb. You're not gonna replace them all in one year effectively. The new coach is gonna get his own guys, yes but again not all at once.

I'd keep TJ, Rodger (I don't care what he said), and Kenny Britt at minimum. I'm also a fan of Tim Barnes.

You don't cut guys that produce.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Really couldn't care less if most of those guys stayed or got cut, it really won't effect anything.

But, cutting Rodger Saffold, Tim Barnes, TJ McDonald, Kenny Britt, Brian Quick, Eugene Sims, AND William Hayes all would be dumb. You're not gonna replace them all in one year effectively. The new coach is gonna get his own guys, yes but again not all at once.

I'd keep TJ, Rodger (I don't care what he said), and Kenny Britt at minimum. I'm also a fan of Tim Barnes.

You don't cut guys that produce.

Br00TCn.gif

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm just gonna be content to let the new GM and HC sort this existing roster out.

I have little doubt that there will be some extensive pruning going on this offseason without any help from me. Lol.

Zero

Pro Bowler
And a third thing. How Britt adjusts to the impending culture shock of the new HC. If we reel in a strict disciplinarian, he might not like the culture. I follow all the players on different social media platforms, and I'm not at all enthused with the level of "whatever" some of these guys display after (and during) a loss. If that 'behavior' (for lack of a better word) isn't tolerated going forward, that would be a bonus.
Very ,very interesting X.Who, in your opinion displays
this type behavior? and do you think it's a product of the
previous staff?Or are we simply drafting the wrong personalities?
Correction of this mind set has got to be Job #1 with the new staff.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Many, many cuts....Saffold, Barnes, Donnall, Brown, Quick, Britt - probably many more.

We've got a bad losing culture. We need an influx of guys from winning locker rooms as much as anything. And rookies who don't know losing.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Cut Saffold - Sign LG Ron Leary
Cut Kendricks - sign Jack Doyle
Cut Sims - sign Dion Jordan
Cut Tim Barnes & let Demetrious Rhaney walk

Let Britt & Quick walk - sign Alshon Jeffery
Let Cam Thomas walk - sign Abry Jones
Move Greg Robinson from LT to RG - sign Matt Kalil to a short term 'prove it' deal

2017 Draft :

1) N/A
2) C/OG - Ethan Pocic, LSU or Pat Elflein, Oh.St
3) CB - Chidobe Awuzie, Co.
4a) OG - Nico Siragusa, SD.St.
4b) WR - Travin Dural, LSU (comp pick)
5) S - Jonathan Ford, Aub.
6) DE - Tarell Bashem, Oh.
7) FB - Freddie Stevenson, Fl.St.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Very ,very interesting X.Who, in your opinion displays
this type behavior? and do you think it's a product of the
previous staff?Or are we simply drafting the wrong personalities?
Correction of this mind set has got to be Job #1 with the new staff.
Admittedly, this is just all my personal perception, but I think Austin, Britt, and Quick lack intensity. I don't doubt that they work hard, but I don't think they're really all that pissed off by failure. They have their money and their fame, and that's good enough. Some of the defense is like that too, IMO, but again -- it's all just perception. I didn't like Britt's personality, or Cook's, or Finnegan's. I don't think Austin or Quick are intelligent enough to have their courses corrected enough to see appreciable gains in their football acumen. So, it's personality to me, but also intelligence. I would really, really, really love to be in the room when they interview these guys just to see how they come across there. Maybe it's entirely a front. Like how most people answer questions for a job interview.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Cut Saffold, Robinson, Donnal, Brown, Gaines, Kendricks, and Barnes
If you believe the coaching on the offense has been lacking, like most of us, I think we give the young lineman a chance to get coached up. Saffold GONE. Replace Barnes but keep for back up. Our young receivers the same. Britt and Quick GONE. TE keep Kendricks but hopefully our young TEs move up. Gaines I think was never 100%. His rookie year says he is worth keeping.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And a third thing. How Britt adjusts to the impending culture shock of the new HC. If we reel in a strict disciplinarian, he might not like the culture. I follow all the players on different social media platforms, and I'm not at all enthused with the level of "whatever" some of these guys display after (and during) a loss. If that 'behavior' (for lack of a better word) isn't tolerated going forward, that would be a bonus.
What these guys do after a game doesn't matter to me. It's how you compete and how you practice and you what they do in the offseason as far as training. Britt works hard and he also played through that shoulder injury for the better part of last season and all this year too. This was the same thinking on Jenkins just because guys had some problems before doesn't mean they can't mature. Britt has been clean as shit since joining the Rams and same with Jenkins. But guys like stedman and Alshon are getting suspended. All I'm saying is their personal time is theirs as longs as it doesn't negatively impact the team I'm good

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you believe the coaching on the offense has been lacking, like most of us, I think we give the young lineman a chance to get coached up. Saffold GONE. Replace Barnes but keep for back up. Our young receivers the same. Britt and Quick GONE. TE keep Kendricks but hopefully our young TEs move up. Gaines I think was never 100%. His rookie year says he is worth keeping.
Gaines rookie year was a fluke he spent majority of his time guarding the #3 receiver. He at best is a good nickle which is very important but I was never sold on getting rid of Jenkins because we had Gaines. One thing for sure though, that cornerback spot is going to be very competitive which should help all parties involved

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What these guys do after a game doesn't matter to me.
That's where we differ. I don't care what they do in the offseason, or during a bye week, or anything like that. But clowning in the locker room after a loss? Yeah, no thanks. Clowing around on the sidelines during a loss? Again, no thanks. I saw an instagram of the receivers immediately after a loss where they were posing and joking around with Stedman's kid, and off in the distance you can see Donald sitting by himself just stewing in his own juices. All kinds of pissed off. That's the appropriate response in that situation. Not taking selfies and acting as though everything's great.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Unpopular opinion but id let britt walk too
Britt cost our rookie QB big time. He just doesn't seem like a go to guy in crunch time. And if he is one of your leaders....well remember him crashing his suped up cart. He's an Idiot.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Admittedly, this is just all my personal perception, but I think Austin, Britt, and Quick lack intensity. I don't doubt that they work hard, but I don't think they're really all that ticked off by failure. They have their money and their fame, and that's good enough. Some of the defense is like that too, IMO, but again -- it's all just perception. I didn't like Britt's personality, or Cook's, or Finnegan's. I don't think Austin or Quick are intelligent enough to have their courses corrected enough to see appreciable gains in their football acumen. So, it's personality to me, but also intelligence. I would really, really, really love to be in the room when they interview these guys just to see how they come across there. Maybe it's entirely a front. Like how most people answer questions for a job interview.
Good stuff.Bro