Whiners meltdown continues

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd guess a year - and has to apply for reinstatement, needing evidence that he has turned his life around.

OTOH, the 49ers suddenly have more cap room.

After spending 18 years of his life not being successful he probably became accustomed to it and does not feel comfortable with anything else. Some people like going outside their comfort zones and others just cant do it. I know a young man that I gave multiple chances. He actually was doing it for a while on different occasions but then he always fell back into his old lifestyle. I finally gave up and he is now worse than ever.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The taste of whiner fan tears is indescribable here in their territory. I must go find a second helping at the water cooler.

Moostache

Rookie
He's 255 pounds of muscle, and used to dominating against huge muscular guys. I think he'd be one of the top guys in prison. No shower fears for him.
Yeah, he's big and bad and on the outside that matters....on the inside? No man is an island and the bigger ones are targets for prison trophies...it ain't pretty and the stories my brother would tell about the cons on the inside (he was a prison guard for a few years) would make your blood run cold. The bigger guys always think that they "can take care of themself" and they are always wrong in the end. There's a reason that prison gangs are essential for survival...

Either way, he has thoroughly pissed away his career, will soon end up broke on defense attorney fees and likely is staring down a long stretch in the jar...massive idiot is the tip of the iceberg describing him.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Needs to get the Blackmon treatment, can't go having one rule for one and another for another.

Also what the fuck is wrong with Mizzou guys?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
the biggest freaking embarrassment to Mizzou football EVER.

These guys are making Mizzou look like crap......I wonder if that'll start negatively affecting future Mizzou draft picks.

I feel embarrassed as an MU fan.
Damn, was Mizzu like this BEFORE they got into the SEC, or have they just recently attracted these players to compete?????

Addiction is very real, and very powerful. I have no idea how one can defeat it. AA certainly doesn't help.
Okay, now we're into the real problem...the guy can't stop drinking...his life has become unmanageable....and those are all successful tools of AA.....This is classified as a disease...It took me a while to believe that too...I kept saying choice...but naw, these guys have no control of the urge to drink...or stop once started..And one of the knowns is...even in recovery..you know, one day at a time?....one can slip-up, like Aldon at any time...that's why the do the days thing..you know, "I've been sober for____ days..."and it's a big thing....I doubt Aldon had a sponsor and was doing all this...Could be wrong...as long as he didn't kill anybody...and is trying to change...gotta support him..And no, he's not a kid, but he is human...Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs..esp. for young minds...Never know who can't handle it..Who has that "gene" that makes them an addict...Who's upbringing makes them susceptible to becoming an alcoholic....and it can start, with one drink...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dude this thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. So happy reading it. Whatever happens this season the whiners should suck more and I plan on enjoying every moment of it.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
train-wreck-o.gif

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Firstly, inb4 the move to the criminals thread.

Nah, once a thread gets to two or three pages it's best to leave it where it is.

A friend of mine is a legit alcoholic... to the point where he needs to be medically restrained and overseen if he dries out, because otherwise the shock could kill him. I've seen alcoholism cost him everything in his life - his wife divorced him, taking their two kids; his company that he started had to fold while he was in prison for violence during a drunken rampage; he's living god-kn0ws-where with god-knows-who somewhere in another state.

Addiction is very real, and very powerful. I have no idea how one can defeat it. AA certainly doesn't help.

AA saved my life. August 27th, 1980 everything changed for the better. Once I admitted that I had addiction problems and asked for help, I turned a corner and never looked back.

One thing I can tell you all is that it took seven years of heavy drinking and drugging, burning through two marriages and losing most of my stuff, before I began to realize that I was the one with the problem and that it wasn't anyone else's fault. I suspect that Aldon Smith is in the denial stage. Maybe this last episode will finally wake him up. Some folks have to totally bottom out before reality hits them.

I met plenty of people in AA who never straightened up. One guy was a speaker who went from state to state helping other addicts. He even ran an addiction center in Scotts Valley, CA. One night he decided to get drunk again and killed two people in an accident. Most of the people I knew in that program eventually went back to their old habits.

I have serious compassion for addicts because of my own personal experiences but Aldon Smith and others like him need to be taken off the streets before they kill someone. I prefer addiction treatment to jail but whatever it takes to get people to wake up and keep the rest of us from harm.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Okay, now we're into the real problem...the guy can't stop drinking...his life has become unmanageable....and those are all successful tools of AA.....This is classified as a disease...It took me a while to believe that too...I kept saying choice...but naw, these guys have no control of the urge to drink...or stop once started..And one of the knowns is...even in recovery..you know, one day at a time?....one can slip-up, like Aldon at any time...that's why the do the days thing..you know, "I've been sober for____ days..."and it's a big thing....I doubt Aldon had a sponsor and was doing all this...Could be wrong...as long as he didn't kill anybody...and is trying to change...gotta support him..And no, he's not a kid, but he is human...Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs..esp. for young minds...Never know who can't handle it..Who has that "gene" that makes them an addict...Who's upbringing makes them susceptible to becoming an alcoholic....and it can start, with one drink...
Agree that alcoholism is a disease, but AA does not work.

http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/75-years-alcoholics-anonymous-time-admit-problem-74268
http://www.theatlantic.com/features...irrationality-of-alcoholics-anonymous/386255/
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/23/the...ymous_theres_a_better_way_to_treat_addiction/
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...lts-alcoholics-anonymous-for-lack-of-evidence

We need a better solution for people, and not one that only exists to make us feel like we're doing something about the problem. I want Aldon and my friend and all the alcoholics who truly want to change to have the tools necessary to do so, and the support. My biggest fear is that giving them pseudoscience that doesn't actually work makes it that much worse, because if you fail on AA, where do you turn?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
AA saved my life. August 27th, 1980 everything changed for the better. Once I admitted that I had addiction problems and asked for help, I turned a corner and never looked back.

One thing I can tell you all is that it took seven years of heavy drinking and drugging, burning through two marriages and losing most of my stuff, before I began to realize that I was the one with the problem and that it wasn't anyone else's fault. I suspect that Aldon Smith is in the denial stage. Maybe this last episode will finally wake him up. Some folks have to totally bottom out before reality hits them.

I met plenty of people in AA who never straightened up. One guy was a speaker who went from state to state helping other addicts. He even ran an addiction center in Scott's Valley, CA. One night he decided to get drunk again and killed two people in an accident. Most of the people I knew in that program eventually went back to their old habits.

I have serious compassion for addicts because of my own personal experiences but Aldon Smith and others like him need to be taken off the streets before they kill someone. I prefer addiction treatment to jail but whatever it takes to get people to wake up and keep the rest of us from harm.
You are the exception rather than the rule, and I'm infinitely happy for you because of that.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...h-arrested-for-dui-hit-and-run-and-vandalism/

Aldon Smith arrested for DUI, hit and run and vandalism
Posted by Josh Alper on August 7, 2015

aldon-smith.jpg
AP

News broke that 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested on Friday morning, but there weren’t any details about what led him to Santa Clara County Jail.

The Santa Clara Police Department has now offered up those details. They announced via Twitter that Smith was arrested for hit and run, DUI and vandalism on Thursday night. No further information about the incident that led to the arrest was released, but a press release is expected later this morning.

Smith’s no stranger to DUI as he’s been arrested on those charges twice before. He went to rehab after his second arrest in September 2013, which led to a stay in rehab and five missed games during the 2013 season. If he’s guilty of these charges and isn’t in prison, more help should be the least of the stipulations mandated as a way to protect the rest of the population.

He missed nine more games while serving a suspension for those arrests and other off-field trouble last season. Should these charges stick, Smith will be looking at another suspension and there’s a good chance it will also mark the end of his time with the 49ers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/07/aldon-smith-justice-will-be-served-there-was-no-dui/

Aldon Smith: Justice will be served, there was no DUI
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 7, 2015

After he was released from jail following his third drunk driving arrest, 49ers linebacker Aldon Smithdenied that he had been driving drunk.

Smith told KGO in San Francisco this morning that he’s sorry he got himself in trouble again but he wasn’t driving under the influence.

“The people who are faithful remain faithful,” Smith said. “Simple as this: Justice will be served, the truth will come out, there’s no DUI. I’m sorry for anybody I let down, I’m sorry for the way this whole thing . . . I need to speak and I want everybody to understand, this wasn’t a DUI, the situation I had could have been handled differently and I apologize for everybody I did let down and I apologize for how it all played out. But as far as everything is concerned, it will work out the way it’s supposed to work out. That’s all.”

The Santa Clara Police Department says Smith will face charges of hit and run and vandalism in addition to DUI. Smith declined to explain what happened. He’ll just say he wasn’t driving drunk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ner-jed-york-on-aldon-smith-decision-not-yet/

49ers owner Jed York on Aldon Smith decision: “Not yet”
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 7, 2015

Aldon Smith may have made the 49ers’ decision for them with his latest arrest, or at least made it easier.

But their owner isn’t ready to declare.

Michael Silver of the NFL Network asked 49ers owner Jed York if he had made a decision on his oft-arrested outside linebacker after this morning’s arrest on DUI and other charges, and York replied: “Not yet.”

The team could always wait and let the league handle it. But this is also likely a case of “gathering information,” as Smith has already professed his innocence on his way out of jail.

Either way, it’s safe to assume they’re not necessarily working quite as hard to keep him as they were two days ago.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Prime Time thanks for sharing, had a similar tale with my dad and AA has changed his life. 21 years sober and he still has his family supporting him.

iced

Santa Clara has a minimum 120 day jail sentence for a 3rd dui

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BOMB...

oh wait, that's the wrong Aldon indiscretion..