Whiners meltdown continues

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He's done. It's going to be at least a year or indefinite. He's a terrific player but he's an idiot.

Athos

Legend
Hit and Run?

Send his ass to jail. I feel embarrassed as an MU fan.

Secondly, goddamnit. These guys are making Mizzou look like crap. If our guys aren't terrible or average(Coffman, Daniel and so many others.), they're either drama hounds(Michael Sam) or huge assholes(Richardson and Smith) I wonder if that'll start negatively affecting future Mizzou draft picks.

J-Mac is a standup citizen AND super talented. Brad Smith is one of the only guys in NFL history to score in, I think, every conceivable way possible. Justin Smith never had legal issues.

It won't start affecting MU draft picks. Tons of other guys from other schools have done far worse and kids keep getting drafted from those schools.

Some people are mature when they are drafted. Some just aren't and never reach it.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Firstly, inb4 the move to the criminals thread.

Secondly, goddamnit. These guys are making Mizzou look like crap. If our guys aren't terrible or average(Coffman, Daniel and so many others.), they're either drama hounds(Michael Sam) or huge assholes(Richardson and Smith) I wonder if that'll start negatively affecting future Mizzou draft picks.
Well, we've still got Maclin, Britt, Ealy, Gaines, Golden, Hood, Moore, and a nice handful of other players in the NFL. I suspect we still don't hold a candle to Miami for talented psychopaths coming out of our program.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Hit and Run?

Send his ass to jail. I feel embarrassed as an MU fan.

J-Mac is a standup citizen AND super talented. Brad Smith is one of the only guys in NFL history to score in, I think, every conceivable way possible. Justin Smith never had legal issues.

It won't start affecting MU draft picks. Tons of other guys from other schools have done far worse and kids keep getting drafted from those schools.

Some people are mature when they are drafted. Some just aren't and never reach it.
Don't forget Otis Smith, he wasn't too shabby either. Too bad he had to and get Patriot stink all over him.

You and DCH reminded me of a lot of guys I had overlooked. Guess Mizzou isn't looking too bad after all.

Todd59

Rookie
This really is a sad story. This guy just can't get his head straight. I don't know why he can't learn his lesson. But he should lose some significant time. And being the last year of his contract, is it possible his career could be over? He's extremely talented, but is he worth the hassle to put up with a guy who can't stay on the field due to his own dumb decisions?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
This really is a sad story. This guy just can't get his head straight. I don't know why he can't learn his lesson. But he should lose some significant time. And being the last year of his contract, is it possible his career could be over? He's extremely talented, but is he worth the hassle to put up with a guy who can't stay on the field due to his own dumb decisions?
A friend of mine is a legit alcoholic... to the point where he needs to be medically restrained and overseen if he dries out, because otherwise the shock could kill him. I've seen alcoholism cost him everything in his life - his wife divorced him, taking their two kids; his company that he started had to fold while he was in prison for violence during a drunken rampage; he's living god-kn0ws-where with god-knows-who somewhere in another state.

Addiction is very real, and very powerful. I have no idea how one can defeat it. AA certainly doesn't help.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
f11df0a49788cfbab44f22d03d236ef8.gif

Athos

Legend
Well, we've still got Maclin, Britt, Ealy, Gaines, Golden, Hood, Moore, and a nice handful of other players in the NFL. I suspect we still don't hold a candle to Miami for talented psychopaths coming out of our program.

And let's not forget.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Moostache

Rookie
Unbelievable.

I think NFL suspension is the least of his problems now. He better be investing in some soap on a rope...in bulk.

Ozoneranger

Rookie
One word: Uber.

My BIL, a huge Niner fan, expects the Niners to cut Smith. Then he's on his own, which is the last thing a young alcoholic needs at this point.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Some guys just don't know when they're freakin' lucky!! All the talent in the world can't cure stupid. I would be more sympathetic if I knew that the NFL wasn't trying to coach players up in their rookie seasons as to how to run their lives, budget money, pick their friends, etc., and I'm sure the team itself is rife with advisers, psychologists, etc., to help give these guys every chance in the world of making it big.

Of course, I know that a couple of years being rich and privy to help might not always trump a lifetime in the hood, either. I sure wish it did, though.

Still, I had high hopes that this young man would have gotten his life under control. Darned shame that this is the result. At least if he gets a year's suspension I hope the Whiner powers-that-be make certain that he HAS to go to LOTS of classes in decision making and substance abuse. Of course, it probably won't be courses put on by the Whiners but by the California Penal System -- and that is a damned shame.
This just proves that he has a SERIOUS problem with alcohol. He has to be seriously addicted. It's stupid as hell that he he didn't go to the end of the Earth to get the help that he needed with his life and millions of dollars on the line.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unbelievable.

I think NFL suspension is the least of his problems now. He better be investing in some soap on a rope...in bulk.

He's 255 pounds of muscle, and used to dominating against huge muscular guys. I think he'd be one of the top guys in prison. No shower fears for him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This train wreck of an offseason for the whiners just keep chugging along....is it bad that I am loving this? Hope this continues all season long for them!!

Don't get me wrong, hope Smith gets the helps he needs, but still doesn't excuse him of being a fucking huge moron.

* you guys forgot to add DGB to the list of fuck ups from mizzou