Which Team Goes After Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
My guess is Denver!
Denver would seem the ideal location for a FA QB.
Minnesota too if the Vikings move on from all three QBs.
Buffalo not terrible with their run game and D.
Arizona, depends on the coach probably.
They have the run game assuming Johnson returns to form and the D is not terrible.
Should be an interesting offseason.
So NICE.....that we don't have to consider it for once.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Foles.....He had one very good game and suddenly some of you think he is the next hot commodity and a starting QB in the NFL.
I think you're exaggerating just a tad here.

It's just another symptom of how desperate teams are for starting quarterbacks or even quarterbacks that can win.

Still, if you took Keenum and simply went by as measurables, he's not a "starter" but he can gut out a win.

If Foles can gut out a win, like he did against a great team like Minnesota, then yes, that does bump him up into "hot commodity"for some teams that are desperately looking for an upgrade which I still says about a third of the teams.

Even mighty New England is going to be looking for the next great thing.

It's supply and demand and "supply" is down.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think you're exaggerating just a tad here.

It's just another symptom of how desperate teams are for starting quarterbacks or even quarterbacks that can win.

Still, if you took Keenum and simply went by as measurables, he's not a "starter" but he can gut out a win.

If Foles can gut out a win, like he did against a great team like Minnesota, then yes, that does bump him up into "hot commodity"for some teams that are desperately looking for an upgrade which I still says about a third of the teams.

Even mighty New England is going to be looking for the next great thing.

It's supply and demand and "supply" is down.

Brock Osweiler 2.0

No team is in a rush to repeat that mistake.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So there we have it. :D

Who goes after the Super Bowl MVP and how much is he worth?

But the biggest question is can anybody get any more out of him than the Philadelphia staff, ( doubtful )

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So there we have it. :D

Who goes after the Super Bowl MVP and how much is he worth?

But the biggest question is can anybody get any more out of him than the Philadelphia staff, ( doubtful )

But doesn't every team think their own staff is great and can do just as well?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
But doesn't every team think their own staff is great and can do just as well?
Did I say that they don't?

I absolutely think that with the lack of talented quarterbacks out there that somebody's going to go for Philadelphia's 2nd Stringer.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I guess you didn't. I misread that you thought THEY believed they couldn't get anything out of hjim and therefore would not pick him up. sorry.
No problem my loyal Ram brother. :D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Foles, other than a handful of games with the Eagles and Rams, has played pretty decent football.

He isn't a FA, but out of all the QB's that are "available" he's better than the three guys in MINN and pretty much anyone other than Cousins. Garappollo doesn't have enough on his resume yet, and who else is out there?

He will have the Eagles phone ringing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Foles, other than a handful of games with the Eagles and Rams, has played pretty decent football.

He isn't a FA, but out of all the QB's that are "available" he's better than the three guys in MINN and pretty much anyone other than Cousins. Garappollo doesn't have enough on his resume yet, and who else is out there?

He will have the Eagles phone ringing.

I put Foles in the same category as Keenum. In the right situation he plays well. In a not so ideal setting he is not good enough to carry a team. Based on skill set neither are as good as Bradford. But I guess you have to factor in injury potential. I also put Garapolo ahead of Foles. He has displayed the ability to change an offense just by being on it. He is smart and makes plays.

I still think Foles is not a Super bowl winner without that rock solid Oline. Lack of mobility and bad decisions when pressured are what other teams started to attack after Foles big year. Foles seems like a cool dude I wish him the best, but I am not cancelling past performances because of a few games on one of the two best teams in the NFL. Like I said above Osweiler 2.0. Looks like a good NFL starting QB in an ideal situation. Scarsdale Jones looked like the best QB in college football for a few games on a stacked Ohio State team. He was the back up. Sometimes back ups come in a shine. And sometimes people get excited about it and start to lose perspective. NFL gms do it all the time. Flynn, Kolb, Osweiler, etc,..

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Eagles are in deep :poop: in just one area ..Salary Cap. Appears they are close to $10 million in the RED currently.

Nick came very cheap in 2017 but he will cost them $7.6 mil. in 2018. As pointed out by some of our excellent members here they also have a young QB who has had some bad injuries the last few seasons too. If the Eagles were to cut Nick they would end up with $5.4 million in dead $$. with a savings of only 2.2 million. This is not going to happen. A trade is sure to be offered up to the Eagles to greatly assist them with their cap issues.

Nick's back up this season was Nate Sudfeld. He is under contract in 2018 for $630 K. 2016 Draft, Round 6, #187 overall (Redskins).2019 (RFA). His size is close to that of Nick....age 24,Height: 6' 6"/ Weight: 234 lbs.

http://www.nfl.com/player/natesudfeld/2555427/draft

The first team that might desire to trade fro Nick is the KC Chiefs. Currently have only 1 very young QB named Patrick Mahomes. Andy Reid & Nick Foles are close. However KC is in serious salary cap hell too.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think he stays, he' s a god in Philly and wentz will most likely miss time in the beginning of the season .

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think he stays, he' s a god in Philly and wentz will most likely miss time in the beginning of the season .
Yeah.
If I was Philadelphia I would keep him around for one more year.
You might need/want/love to have someone QBing to make a Superbowl run for you that has some experience at it.

:D

WestCoastRam

Legend
It will be a fascinating offseason for sure. We have one of the deeper QB classes in recent history this year in the draft. We have a lot of average talent (usually it's below average) available at the QB position to be had in FA or via trade this year.

Cousins will get a pretty good contract, he represents an above-average talent at QB.

Keenum, Foles, will go to new teams as middle of the road QBs, where they'll sign so-so contracts and hold the fort for a rookie draft pick from this QB class.

Bradford is a wildcard. A 10 dollar arm and head with a 10 cent knee.

Anyone who had dreams there would be a market for Mannion should prob just wake up now and have some coffee. ;)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This Foles thing is gonna be damned interesting.

For openers, he is under contract to the Eagles for ‘18.

Wentz is unlikely to be ready by opening day, and it might be much longer than that due to the nature of his knee injury. That makes Foles invaluable to the Eagles. I can’t see a trade offer that would entice them, frankly. Unless they are really, really high on Sudfeld.

However...

The Eagles desperately need cap relief and Foles will cost them $7.6 million, reportedly. And incoming premium picks from a trade would certainly be tempting in their own right plus offer serious cap relief.

And there’s no denying that Foles, coming off of a SB MVP performance, would be a hot commodity as a trade offering. A classic sellers market for the Eagles, potentially.

I dunno...

Howie Roseman has been making a series of brilliant moves one after another for some time, especially when it comes to QB’s. Can he do it again?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Some people refer to him as;
"Super Bowl MVP".
Foles Gold. RBs averaging 5 yds per carry. No pressure from Patriots D. Goff could easily put up these numbers against this horrible Pats D.

However, he probably wouldn't since our D would not have played soft zone against the Pats and we would have been up by 20 in the 4th.