Which Team Goes After Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not sure about him but Keenum to Denver is my bet.
Interesting.
Why Denver?
He would seem to be very different sort of QB than Elway would interested in.
I was thinking Cardinals maybe.
Good defense and very good running game to lean on (assuming Johnson comes back).

fearsomefour

Legend
This will be interesting to watch.

Alex Smith will likely be traded, too.
Smith will be an in demand guy I think.
I don't think the Chiefs will land a big haul for him though given his age.
Several interesting FAs.
What do you think happens with Cousins?
I think he gets resigned.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You put him around common NFL talent, not the best o-line, best wr and te group, and a great running back trio, and crap will get real.
You make it sound so glamorous.
How could he fail? :D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting.
Why Denver?
He would seem to be very different sort of QB than Elway would interested in.
I was thinking Cardinals maybe.
Good defense and very good running game to lean on (assuming Johnson comes back).
Heard from some people in Denver the talk is Elway loves him.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I still don't see it with him. Slow release and really slow feet. Can he come in and win you some games.
No one goes after Nick Foles as a starter.....just a temp journeyman holding a place for a rookie....10 degrees less effective than Steve DeBerg. 2 games does not a man man.....don't count 2013

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This is a funny question. He would need a team with an Offensively minded head coach, a solid Offensive game plan, great QB coach and good WRs and RB. There aren't many teams like that that are looking for a QB...

Unfortunately, as we know, he isn't the great redeemer of teams in need of a QB. He's probably best sticking behind Wentz on the Eagles roster. I'm also worried that if he gets a big hit he'll fall to pieces again.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
There aren't a lot of teams that are one mediocre starting QB away from a Superbowl. Rearranging chairs on the deck of the Titanic comes to mind.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Foles is a competent back-up QB.

That's it.

This.

The league had seen enough of Foles to know what he is long before now. Yes, he had a great game and it was the NFC Championship but its still only one game. I'd question the competence of any GM that might decide to give up draft picks to make him a starter in 2018.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Coles was lousy leading up to that Championship game. He had one very good game and suddenly some of you think he is the next hot commodity and a starting QB in the NFL. The Vikings defense wasn't just abused by Foles. The Eagles are a very complete team. They had great pass protection for Foles. Three good receivers and two good Tight Ends that got open against good corners. Keenum wasn't getting it done against a very good pass rush. The Vikings defense was on the field far too much. The Eagles had a very good game plan and the right personnel to execute it. Foles is not the same QB on a team with a porous OLine, weak receivers, and a good running game. Against the Rams teams loaded the box to stop the run and make Foles prove he could pass well enough to make them back off. He couldn't. He is immobile and eventually starts to cave in under pressure. He is a good back up.

The Eagles should just keep him.

Yes, he is a "backup quarterback".

Just like 1/3 of the starters are.

And all of those teams are looking for better QBs.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I'd question the competence of any GM that might decide to give up draft picks to make Foles a starter in 2018.

So you say he's going to Cleveland? What can go wrong there?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Smith will be an in demand guy I think.
I don't think the Chiefs will land a big haul for him though given his age.
Several interesting FAs.
What do you think happens with Cousins?
I think he gets resigned.

I think Smith or Cousins is going to end up in Denver because that team has a limited window now..........and I still think Indy is a dark horse in the QB race. We aren't hearing anything about Luck even throwing a football again. That team may make a move.

The Eagles are a very complete team.

With Wentz they are the most complete team in the NFL.

I don't know how they are without him, I know MINN picked a bad day to play a bad game and Foles played out of his mind. They have a different thing to face with the Patriots. I don't know how any coach could get Foles to beat Belichick.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After he started getting pressured and hit he folded faster than Superman on laundry day.

First off... great line!

Second, you KNOW this is the plan against Foles... hit him often... and hit him hard.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Against the Rams teams loaded the box to stop the run and make Foles prove he could pass well enough to make them back off. He couldn't. He is immobile and eventually starts to cave in under pressure. He is a good back up.

In a nutshell.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard to tell, maybe he fell in love with him after watching him in Minny but not so much in LA. Also last year he was likely more willing to give Lynch a first/last chance.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If Foles has a big game in the SB, he will get paid to be someone's starter. I could see him going to Arizona since he played college ball at Arizona. I think he's better than anything they currently have, and there might not be a quality QB for them to draft this year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Second, you KNOW this is the plan against Foles... hit him often... and hit him hard.
Isn't that how you stop ANY really good quarterback?

Did you see Brady when he was under pressure?
He looked like crud in that first half under immense pressure.

Last edited: