Which Team Goes After Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Depending on what happens in the Super Bowl, somebody's going to want him to start for their team.
I'm not sure the Eagles can resist the temptation to get a high draft pick for him.

There's just simply not enough starting quality quarterbacks out there to be had.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I still don't see it with him. Slow release and really slow feet. Can he come in and win you some games? Yes, But can he give you an entire season? I have my doubts. IMO it would be must that Foles goes to a complete team on Offense with good coaches. If he goes to a team that's in rebuild mode or expecting him to make everyone around him better we will see the Foles we saw with the Rams.
Peterson (much like McVay) has to be given the credit for Foles success in the playoffs. If this year has shown us anything with Goff, Case, and Foles is, coaching and supporting cast are the single two most important things to be a successful QB in this league.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO it would be must that Foles goes to a complete team on Offense with good coaches. If he goes to a team that's in rebuild mode or expecting him to make everyone around him better we will see the Foles we saw with the Rams.
Yeah... he has the luxury of a really good defense and really good coaching.

Anything less than that and, whoever gives up the picks will be sorry.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Not sure about him but Keenum to Denver is my bet.

So many free agent QBs this year it seems. Cousins, Bradford, Keenum, Foles possibly in a trade... Denver going for Keenum would be a Denver move.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I dunno about that. I think the entire team had a crap day. It wasn't just Keenum

Case is the guy who will get paid. He bucked a lot of his old habits for an entire NFL season and some team is going to want him behind center. But he'll probably disappoint and otherwise not live up to the contract unless he is wise enough to sign where they have a good OL.

Foles has been up and down, granted up when it mattered most. Small sample size is an issue, though, so I don't see him getting paid like Case will. Plus wait until the Super Bowl is over. If he goes out and plays well enough to win that game vs a very good Patriots defense, some team might make a move for him.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dunno about that. I think the entire team had a crap day. It wasn't just Keenum
Oh, let the haters think they know what they're talking about.

They were just waiting for him to lose a game so they can make that comment.

Chances were they were going to be able to make that comment eventually because chances are he wasn't going to win the Superbowl. :D

I was personally doing a internal countdown waiting for that comment.

Keenum is not a conventional strong-armed pocket passer so they don't understand the grit and gut it out type quarterback we haven't seen since Favre retired.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Keenum pick 6 was an awful decision, pass shouldn't have been thrown even before Long hit his arm. He was throwing a sideline route in double coverage. His fumble late in the half killed any chance the Vikings had to make it a game. Critical turnovers. He also misfired on a lot of throws.

He's a game manager who is close to 30, not saying he doesn't serve a role, but the Vikings have played a ton of football out in front and relying on the defense, and Keenum thrived. His arm strength is a glaring limitation.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Shurmur will probably make a move on Bradford and Keenum both!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Philly would be foolish to not keep him on their roster next year. You never know with an ACL what's going to happen, and given that Wentz has gone down the previous 3 years (including college) it would be very smart to have a QB who's familiar with the system who can step in if needed. Unless they think that Nate Sudfeld is ready for that.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Foles is better then what most fans think. His career passer rating is around 88(thats including the Fisher year). Every year Foles has played his TD to INT ratio is pretty solid(except with Rams).

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/careerstats

meh you take out that dreamseason he had and the fisher season he is at 79. stats don't tell the whole story. he played well yesterday that's for sure he made some great throws when they needed them. his other games this year were bad. he probably stays in Philly this next year. Vikings should go after Smith he could have taken them all the way. keenum just doesn't have the arm to make certain throws. and keenum is no where near Favre like said above hahaha that's a joke.

HellRam

Starter
meh you take out that dreamseason he had and the fisher season he is at 79. stats don't tell the whole story. he played well yesterday that's for sure he made some great throws when they needed them. his other games this year were bad. he probably stays in Philly this next year. Vikings should go after Smith he could have taken them all the way. keenum just doesn't have the arm to make certain throws. and keenum is no where near Favre like said above hahaha that's a joke.

I'm not saying Foles is your franchise QB, but I do think he is better then given credit for. He's definitely a serviceable QB.

I took away his dream season and Fisher's year of hell and came up with 27 TDs and 17 INTs. That's still not bad. The Eagles could be worse off.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This will be interesting to watch.

Alex Smith will likely be traded, too.