Which player is our "weakest link" on D?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which player is our "weakest link" on D?

• Janoris Jenkins

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • Rodney McLeod

Votes: 67 48.2%
  • James Laurenaitus

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Tru Johnson

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Michael Brockers

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is it just me or does anyone else feel good that our weakest link in McLeod is very young and played pretty well near the end of the season? I'm liking our defense.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Once a player signs their tender, that's what they get paid unless they are released. There is no offering less later on. So unless that happens, McLeod is getting $2.356 million.

My point is that a team wouldn't or shouldn't give such a tender for a weak link. Why? Because you don't typically worry about losing a weak link. You take the risk. The Rams not willing to take the risk tells me that they don't see him as a weak link.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Rodney McLeod is not a weak link

In fact he is everything I want in a Rams football player - pure guts and desire and always improving - defying the odds and out performing others with perceived greater talent

My man Rodney has risen from UDFA to ST ace to the starting Free Safety - he is a player

Yeah he's not gonna be an all pro anytime soon but he is exactly what this team needs

Dudes that play with heart and continue to get better and better and the coaches must love the guy

Sure if you put him in a poll with the names that are listed there he is the least gifted player physically and athletically - clearly I give you all that

But switch this poll around and ask which of those players, Brockers, Jenkins, JL, Tru etc and ask which player has the most guts and passion for the game --- and my man Rodney will be tops on that list

I hope, regardless of whether he starts it not, that Rodney McLeod is a Ram for life

image.jpg

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Once a player signs their tender, that's what they get paid unless they are released. There is no offering less later on. So unless that happens, McLeod is getting $2.356 million.

My point is that a team wouldn't or shouldn't give such a tender for a weak link. Why? Because you don't typically worry about losing a weak link. You take the risk. The Rams not willing to take the risk tells me that they don't see him as a weak link.

Or that the defense is good enough that it still might be tough to find a decent replacement for the weak link - at least without using a fairly high pick that they wanted to use on offense, or by paying somebody even more than the tender.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I gotta admit, I wanted McCleod replaced last camp. I thought he was a liability. But he improved quite a bit. So much to the point where it isn't necessary to replace him. Joyner might some day, but McCleod is clearly better as FS right now.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I went JJ which hurt. As a rookie he was an interception machine and then he regressed. He just doesn't seem to understand coverages. I do still see potential though as he is pretty damn good when he knows what he's supposed to be doing.

Mcleod is a baller who will make receivers quiver in their shoes. He may not be all that athletically, but he's the person who will make receivers not want to catch that ball.

emmanuel-sanders-gets-hit-hard-by-st-louis-defender-b.gif

RamWoodie

Legend
Mcleod would be the weakest link but let's be real...the guy has gotten better..and this is another year.

Ramfreak

UDFA
Name
Ramfreak
Would like to see JL55 do less wrestling with olinmen 60lbs heavier than him. I'm not sure if he was injured and stayed away from the violence of stuffing the run, but it sure seemed like he was looking to lock up with linemen. He'll be the key to making this defense the best.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
I think Fisher and Snead consider linebacker the weakest spot. Getting Ayers and Hager and ignoring the secondary shows where they feel the weak area is, imo. I voted Johnson, but Jenkins sure can be scary. From my perspective the rams lack a #1 CB. The weakest link will always be whichever one of our slightly above average CB's is covering the other team's #1 receiver.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not even close...McLeod...and I'd play TJ McDonald at FS....Barron at SS....and of course those 2 are interchangeable....

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
McLeod isn't close to being as bad as some on here make him out to be. If he is the weakest link, we are in a good place.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sticking within the frame work of the poll, Starters, It has to be McLeod, He's had some big time hits, but he is the " Weakest Link " of the group!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If McLeod is the weak link ( and I'm not buying that) then our D is one damn strong chain!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm making a proxy vote on behalf of Emmanuel Sanders' face. He said anyone but McLeod.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
McLeod. I would love to have a true sideline to sideline FS. I think he's a great hitter, but I think people overrate him because he hits. A faster rangy FS who plays the ball well would enable us to finally play press coverage without worrying about being burned over the top. I think it's the only thing missing from this defense.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
JJ get's picked on to but McLeod is no Craig Dahl. When was the last time McLeod just literally blew games because his crooked eye had him take the worst angle possible? I'm not saying McLeod is Charles Woodson but he's not as bad as everybody makes him out to be. Either way I think it's a moot point since Barron takes the job this season. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I'm not sure who will start but I have a feeling that Barron and McLeod will see quite a bit of action. I got this crazy idea that they might be rotating guys in and out in the secondary similar to how they do it on the line.