Which player is our "weakest link" on D?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which player is our "weakest link" on D?

• Janoris Jenkins

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • Rodney McLeod

Votes: 67 48.2%
  • James Laurenaitus

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Tru Johnson

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Michael Brockers

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I realize that "weakest" is a relative term on a strong D such as ours.

But SOMEONE has to be the weakest, don't they?

A player at a position that will likely be a high target in our next draft?

I'm thinking either Jenkins or McLeod. The twin masters of miscommunication or of missed tackles. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Gaines starting and Jenkins sitting on opening day.

What do you guys think?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Gotta be McLeod. Jenkins, in spite of his idiocy, has talent. McLeod is a strong safety playing free safety, cannot cover, and misses many tackles.

You all know that I want Joyner starting at free safety instead of McLeod.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
That one was easy for me, as far as I'm concerned I'll say the same thing about McLeod as I did C. Dahl, long as he's on the field the opposing QB has someone to exploit.

In my book he's "adequate" at best.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Gotta be McLeod. Jenkins, in spite of his idiocy, has talent. McLeod is a strong safety playing free safety, cannot cover, and misses many tackles.

You all know that I want Joyner starting at free safety instead of McLeod.

Can we invent a word (in his honor) how about idi-oc-rasy

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
LEAVE MCLEOD ALONE!!!!!

image.jpg

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I agree with the others, McLeod just isn't on the same level as many of the other guys on our defense. Not to say he's bad, but he's not great either. He's just okay.

It's a nice problem to have.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Then who do YOU pick? :sneaky:
Out of the starters? Tru Johnson. Got beat a lot last year. Just did not look good at times. In the Giants game I'd rather have started Tye Hill he was that bad. Numerous times he was saved by great plays. For example, McLeod's hit on Emmanuel Sanders. Tru was burned BAD on that play. Lucky for us, a poorly thrown ball and Rodney "The Boogeyman" McLeod came out of nowhere to destroy Sanders.

He had a lot of good moments too, but I feel less comfortable about Johnson than McLeod. Mainly because McLeod has shown he can fix his issues and improve. Johnson has not, he has the same problems every game.

Big Willie

Starter
I answered the poll with McCleod, but think the answer is JJ. Janoris is covering his man in space and when he makes a mistake it ends in a TD. When McLeod makes a mistake and misses a tackle it is usually because other players made bad plays in front of him.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
#23, McCleod. He doesn't have range to cover balls thrown over the top and a recent post about missed tackles shows him high on the list.

And I have to disagree about Tru. He is much better in zone coverage than he is in man-to-man.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I voted for McLeod but if he continues to improve my vote will change. I would also like to see Joyner tried at FS.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, when Lamarcus Joyner was playing nickel back he was clearly the weakest link on defense.

Otherwise, it seemed to vary by game to me. Even Ogletree deserved a vote a couple times.