When RamzFanz rants...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just because Davis is good, doesn't mean Hill won't be better. But, at this point, that's a hard argument to make.

Hill didn't score a TD against the Vikings in the first half and Davis didn't score a TD in the second half. For head-to-head, that's all we have.

I actually attribute a lot of Davis' success to an improving team. Hill was destroyed by penalties in game one. Rams lost yesterday to penalties, fair or not.

The game never should have been to a point that penalties would matter but I won't go into that. I'm impressed you can still stick to the positive even if Hill is the starter. I've been overly positive with this team for the past decade despite the incompetence and losing.... even gave Spags a fair chance through all of that junk. But I think I've reached the breaking point. It's all about wins here on out for me. I've made up enough moral victories to feel good about losing for ten years now. No offense and sorry to rain on the parade... more power to those able to keep their spirits up.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought the Rams didn't have a shot at winning. And they came very close to doing that. The team definitely out-performed my expectations BUT they still lost and like any other fan, I'm going to be frustrated by that loss. Especially with how heart-breaking it was.

I'm frustrated by the loss too. What I'm not frustrated about was this team exploding on O and D and improving yet again. This Rams team is getting better every week. Now we have 2 weeks rest and correct.

There is no doubt in my mind the refs gave this game to the Cowboys. There was no doubt in the minds of the Boys' fans sitting around me. They literally LAUGHED at some of the calls!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm frustrated by the loss too. What I'm not frustrated about was this team exploding on O and D and improving yet again. This Rams team is getting better every week. Now we have 2 weeks rest and correct.

There is no doubt in my mind the refs gave this game to the Cowboys. There was no doubt in the minds of the Boys' fans sitting around me. They literally LAUGHED at some of the calls!

Eh, I don't know about the D. Still far too many issues there.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

I agree about the offense, but I don't see the D as an improvement. I thought it was our worst game of the three honestly.

The good news is that it's unlikely to continue.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The game never should have been to a point that penalties would matter but I won't go into that. I'm impressed you can still stick to the positive even if Hill is the starter. I've been overly positive with this team for the past decade despite the incompetence and losing.... even gave Spags a fair chance through all of that junk. But I think I've reached the breaking point. It's all about wins here on out for me. I've made up enough moral victories to feel good about losing for ten years now. No offense and sorry to rain on the parade... more power to those able to keep their spirits up.

I agree. I'm not calling this a moral victory. I'm saying the Rams look to be headed UP and not DOWN. That's very hard to do with a new and inexperienced QB. Very hard. It speaks to the team wide talent.

Will Hill be better than AD? I hope so. I, for one, think he will be. If not, I hope they pull him like a Magician pulls a table cloth.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Eh, I don't know about the D. Still far too many issues there.

I'm mostly talking about player talent and execution. I thought calling blitzes on third and long was a mistake. I thought the coverage was soft at times. I But these things can be fixed if you have the talent and, IMHO, the Rams have the talent.

They held some of the top players in the NFL below their averages and almost shut them down.

Honestly, my only reservation at this point is Schotty. I don't get running it up the middle and throwing over the middle when you have 6 minutes and need 2 scores. Using three minutes for a single drive when you need 2. If that time hadn't of been wasted, even the interception wouldn't have ended the game. That's just the tip of the Schotty iceberg for me. All I can do about that is hope it gets fixed.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Why is someone voting this as inappropriate? Nothing offensive, nothing hurtful here.
The OP posted a great article with lots of positives, I'm allowed to post my opinion on it, I believe I've made some valid points

Exactly. It's getting a bit tiresome to point out that the inappropriate function is only to be used when a post is obvious trolling. Your post does not qualify.

@RamzFanz A little bit of negativity is bound to creep into this thread especially after a heart breaking loss like the one we just experienced. But I would ask the members to respect the wishes of the OP. Thanks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm mostly talking about player talent and execution. I thought calling blitzes on third and long was a mistake. I thought the coverage was soft at times. I But these things can be fixed if you have the talent and, IMHO, the Rams have the talent.

They held some of the top players in the NFL below their averages and almost shut them down.

Honestly, my only reservation at this point is Schotty. I don't get running it up the middle and throwing over the middle when you have 6 minutes and need 2 scores. Using three minutes for a single drive when you need 2. If that time hadn't of been wasted, even the interception wouldn't have ended the game. That's just the tip of the Schotty iceberg for me. All I can do about that is hope it gets fixed.

I thought the opposite. Dallas converted at will when we didn't bring blitzes on 3rd and long. Romo wasn't dealing with pressure well. On 3rd and long, you can come after Romo and either force him to get rid of it quickly(and your defense should make the tackle short of the marker) or force him into holding it and making a mistake.

IMO, Schotty called a great game except for that 4th and 1 run. Don't know why someone would have an issue with him. The offense should have put up 28 points...possibly 35 points if he doesn't call that terrible running play. If Cook doesn't drop the ball, we're never in a situation where we have to make that come-back at that point.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Exactly. It's getting a bit tiresome to point out that the inappropriate function is only to be used when a post is obvious trolling. Your post does not qualify.

@RamzFanz A little bit of negativity is bound to creep into this thread especially after a heart breaking loss like the one we just experienced. But I would ask the members to respect the wishes of the OP. Thanks.

You're too negative! Get off my thread! :mad:

Yes, the innappropriate button is used wrongly too often.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I thought the opposite. Dallas converted at will when we didn't bring blitzes on 3rd and long. Romo wasn't dealing with pressure well. On 3rd and long, you can come after Romo and either force him to get rid of it quickly(and your defense should make the tackle short of the marker) or force him into holding it and making a mistake.

IMO, Schotty called a great game except for that 4th and 1 run. Don't know why someone would have an issue with him. The offense should have put up 28 points...possibly 35 points if he doesn't call that terrible running play. If Cook doesn't drop the ball, we're never in a situation where we have to make that come-back at that point.

I will not be dragged into a Schotty debate...

...Schotty called a good half. Good for him! Let's keep doing that!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The game was fun to watch. It was everything that I tune in for. Except for the final outcome.
I've always stated that, win or lose, I just want a competitive team. We have a competitive team.
The team that showed up yesterday would have beat minn week one.

We're are heading into a very exciting stretch of our schedule. I can't wait. This team will improve every week.

Pretty much. We're at the point when losing is b/c we fucked up somewhere, somehow. Instead of the past when it's b/c the team was a joke.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm with you, man. I just hate the crap at work I took for that game. I was there, awesome game to be at, but all that matters to many is we lost. That's it, we lost. Now we gotta make up for two wins we shoulda had down the road. The task appears daunting but we're coming together. Our backs are against the wall for the rest of the year if we even wanna sniff the Playoffs. That, my friend, sucks.

Never in my dreams did I think this defense could freak up a 21 point lead against dang near anybody. It did, and I'm freaked up about it. It took a day to hit me... so sad.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Pretty much. We're at the point when losing is b/c we fucked up somewhere, somehow. Instead of the past when it's b/c the team was a joke.

And they did screw up. I, for one amongst many, am not saying they didn't. They let DB and DM have one big play each. They let penalties kill drives and stops.

But really, that's about it. Those can be fixed and, again, IMHO, they win without the bad calls. After scoring 6 points in the opening game, they were the 8th highest scoring team this week so far. Thirty's will take you to the playoffs more times than not.

The question is if that's who they really are and I think it is.

We left points on the field, Wells fucks up, Cook fucks up, Fisher fucks up, there's 10 points there, along with giving them 3. I'd drop Wells and I'd never go to Cook when I need a completion, but that offensive performance was very encouraging.

D sucks though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

...Schotty called a good half. Good for him! Let's keep doing that!

I think he called two pretty damn good halves.

I know you want to avoid the debate and I certainly am not intent on having another but I think the guy gets scapegoated. An OC will never be flawless. There will always be plays you can look at and say, "He made the wrong decision". But in the grand scheme of things, his play-calling against Tampa Bay and Dallas has been quite good. And Austin Davis's success is tied into that. He's done a great job of finding ways to play up Davis's strengths and minimize weaknesses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We left points on the field, Wells fucks up, Cook fucks up, Fisher fucks up, there's 10 points there, along with giving them 3. I'd drop Wells and I'd never go to Cook when I need a completion, but that offensive performance was very encouraging.

D sucks though.

Would you go to Quick? He has as many drops as Cook.

fancents86

Starter
Great stats don't get you into the playoffs let alone win games. The criticism is legit.

Athos

Legend
Offense good.

Defense bad.

Me hungry.

Me go eat the defenses' dinner. Make them cry.

RamzFanz

Damnit
3rd down game on the line? Probably not. Of course with Quick not being a 6th year vet I'm happy to change that opinion if he shows he can be trusted.

I wouldn't either. I would throw to Pettis or Kendricks or Bailey. How is that Cooks' fault?