When RamzFanz rants...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
...no one listens!

But that's OK, I'm going to do my own vent thread right here and now.

HOW COULD ANYONE BE DOWN ON THIS TEAM?! :wtf:

When your THIRD STRING QB plays like that, holy sh1t! He's not a superstar (yet) but he's THIRD STRING for god's sake. We should be freaking joyful that Rams took it to Dallas with their 1st string QB and damn near beat them in a SHOOTOUT, with Davis stomping Romo's stats!

How about these for headlines:

Austin Davis crushes Tony Romo! The Cowboys 1st string QB gets schooled by SECOND GAME and THIRD STRINGER Austin Davis with 110 more passing yards and 1 more TD!

Quick does it again! Dallas was the first team able to quiet Brian Quick but he still catches 2 pass for 62 yards and a TD! 31 YPC. If he weren't interfered with he would have 2 TDs and a big pile of yards! NICE job Quickie!

Britt emerges! The third game of the season may mark Kenny Britt's emergence as a season long threat. 5 receptions for 69 yards and several clinch catches! Welcome Britt, good job!

Cook leads the team in receiving! He's statistically the BEST TE the Rams have EVER had! Yes, he dropped a TD pass but at least he showed heart being pissed at himself despite leading the receiving corps all game. Most of those drives by the Rams don't happen without Cook making clutch plays and taking big hits. Keep your chin up Cook, you had a solid game!

Zac Stacey has 5.6 YPC! Good job Stacey!

Passes made to eight different players! WOW, I haven't seen the ball spread around this much since GSOT days. What depth and width the Rams have on offense! And all this WITHOUT Bailey and TA!

Defense creates 2 turnovers and SIX points! Janoris Jenkins has a pick six and Ogletree forces a fumble! Dez Bryant and D. Murray were not anywhere near as productive as predicted. One of, if not the BEST runningback in the league, was held to 100 yards! One bad play leads to a 44 yard run or he's held to 56 yards! That's amazing! Bryant was also a one play wonder. Jenkins bottled him up all day. Without that one play, he has 21 yards! The Rams D played the run so well, the two teams had almost identical yards rushing! How many 3rd down stops were handed away by the refs? At least 2 that I remember. This D played well against a FIRST STRING FRANCHISE QB, WR, and RB. Rams were tackeled for a loss once for one yard and where Dallas lost 18 yards on 5 TFLs.

Rams create first downs like it's nothing! Rams create 26 first downs to Dallas's 19! Their third down efficiency was 61% to Dallas's 50%.

Rams as good as Dallas in Red Zone Efficiency! 50% red zone efficiency and rising every week! At goal to go, Rams were 100% at 2 for 2!

Rams control the ball! Rams control the ball for over 5 minutes more than the Cowboys!

Dallas gets ZERO sacks! An improved performance by the O line and Austin Davis prevent Dallas from registering a sack!

RAMS won this game. You take away the bad calls and the Rams win. Even WITH the bad calls they were in it until the end. Austin Davis throws a "go up and get it" ball to quick and it's inches too far. If Quick catches that or breaks up the play, Rams had a very real chance to win.

I'm proud of what they did and now, with a buy week to work on issues and heal up players, I'M PUMPED about playing the Eagles, going 2-2, and heading into the division games firing on all cylinders!

@CoachO TOLD us fans would get down early when the Rams struggled getting it together with a new QB and he was right. CALM DOWN fans and be amazed at what the Rams have done to improve these last 3 weeks with a THIRD STRING QB!

Rant over.

Do NOT post negative sh1t below please. It's BS and I don't want to read it. YES the Rams can improve but this was one hell of a showing for game 3 and AD's SECOND START EVER.

I appreciate it, but we're to the point where moral victories feel hollow. Should we have won that game? Fuck yes! Did we. no?

Wins, now more than ever, mean more to me than playing a "good" game.

A55VA6

Legend
It was an enjoyable game and you're right, there are plenty of positives to look at. But when you score 31 points and you lose, you did a hell of a lot wrong. Being up by 21 points and then suddenly you're down by 10... that is pathetic.

This team has allowed 30+ points in 2 out of 3 games. Not good. I tend to look at the negatives because that's what is going to hurt you the most in the end. The defense has not been what we expected and needs to improve.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I do like the positives you have pointed out. But there were some negatives.

1. Why wasn't our veteran Center's head in the game at a crucial junction? He hiked it to our 3rd string QB as if he were under center. But he was in shotgun thus giving the Chowboys another chance to cut into our lead instead of us extending it.
2. Why are our LBers always seem to be trailing the play or dropping way too deep (beyond the first down marker on a 3 and 13 or a 3 and 16....or a....well you get the picture....). They just don't seem to be in positions to make plays.
3. Why can our offensive coordinator can call a good game.....but still can't resist the opportunity to get too cute w/ a slow developing play on 4th and inches where our line has had control all day?

Now back to your statements. Austin Davis (in my eyes....) has earned the right to lead this team to remainder of the year. I see a dynamic young player that inspires and leads by sacrificing himself to allow others to perform. He moves around giving the team a better chance to "create" things (I loved the improvised pass to Pettis in the end zone.....wonderful play......showed true ability...) Shaun Hill did not show me the same decisiveness against Minnesota. And while it was claimed he was trying to "throw it away" his decision to throw it at all.....(right on target except for the defender in front of our receiver.....).was a play that left a very bad taste in my mouth....
And while some did do well....this is a team game and the bottom line was the Rams took a loss where we should have had a win. I appreciate the optimism....but sometimes you just need to get mad enough, to actually want to see what the problems are, so they can be fixed.....and Austin Davis isn't a problem....neither is Brian Quick.

Philly5

Rookie
Very winnable game that we figured out a way to lose. When we start playing good teams, with some on the road it has the potential to get real ugly. More than likely we are starting over again in the next year or two.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The defense has not been what we expected and needs to improve.

No, it hasn't. I agree.

BUT the talent is there. They let DM and DB have ONE big play each. That's something they can work with. Remember DM last season?

Austin Davis makes ONE bad throw for a pick 6 or Rams win. Cowboys' drives get extended by bad calls or Rams win. Cook doesn't drop ONE time (or Shotty makes a better call) and Rams win. Fisher doesn't go for it on 4th and inches and takes the field goal it goes to OT.

This team should be 2-1. With a buy week to tweak and CONTINUE the improvements, TA coming back, Bailey getting into the lineup, Johnson coming back, this is a team that can compete and win. A lot, IMHO.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I appreciate it, but we're to the point where moral victories feel hollow. Should we have won that game? freak yes! Did we. no?

Wins, now more than ever, mean more to me than playing a "good" game.

I'd much rather be a playoff team that looks lucky, than a non-playoff team that looks good.

RamzFanz

Damnit
@bomebadeeda says: I do like the positives you have pointed out. But there were some negatives.

1. Why wasn't our veteran Center's head in the game at a crucial junction? He hiked it to our 3rd string QB as if he were under center. But he was in shotgun thus giving the Chowboys another chance to cut into our lead instead of us extending it. We don't know yet. Or, at least, I don't. Maybe AD WAS supposed to be under center. Last week AD made several mistakes that lead to penalties according to him.

2. Why are our LBers always seem to be trailing the play or dropping way too deep (beyond the first down marker on a 3 and 13 or a 3 and 16....or a....well you get the picture....). They just don't seem to be in positions to make plays. I thought the LBs played better myself. Especially in the run game. Not saying the team is perfect but dropping back too far can be fixed and they have 2 weeks to do it.

3. Why can our offensive coordinator can call a good game.....but still can't resist the opportunity to get too cute w/ a slow developing play on 4th and inches where our line has had control all day? I hate Schotty but I'm keeping it positive, so ask someone else.

Now back to your statements. Austin Davis (in my eyes....) has earned the right to lead this team to remainder of the year. I see a dynamic young player that inspires and leads by sacrificing himself to allow others to perform. He moves around giving the team a better chance to "create" things (I loved the improvised pass to Pettis in the end zone.....wonderful play......showed true ability...) Shaun Hill did not show me the same decisiveness against Minnesota. And while it was claimed he was trying to "throw it away" his decision to throw it at all.....(right on target except for the defender in front of our receiver.....).was a play that left a very bad taste in my mouth....
And while some did do well....this is a team game and the bottom line was the Rams took a loss where we should have had a win. I appreciate the optimism....but sometimes you just need to get mad enough, to actually want to see what the problems are, so they can be fixed.....and Austin Davis isn't a problem....neither is Brian Quick.

...and neither is Quinn or Tree or Britt or Pettis or Kendricks or Harkey or Joyner or Gaines or Stacey or Cunningham or Watt or TA or Cook or JJ or Donald or Hayes or Sims or... it goes on and on and that's my point.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Very winnable game that we figured out a way to lose. When we start playing good teams, with some on the road it has the potential to get real ugly. More than likely we are starting over again in the next year or two.

You know, call me crazy, but that seems to have a negative tone to it. :cautious:

MAybe one of the other threads would be a more appropriate place? Thanks!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'd much rather be a playoff team that looks lucky, than a non-playoff team that looks good.

I'd much rather have a good team that loses to the refs than a lousy team that wins from the refs.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I'm with you, I saw a lot of positives from the team and I was fully entertained from the beginning til the end. I think most folks' gripe is the fact that we are about to embark on a tough stretch after the bye week and are afraid of what that may bring. Remember, people, last year it took this defense quite a few games to round into form. They had more sacks than they do this year, but there was a lot of complaining going on about the D. They will come around and I'm thinking the offense will continue to click. We also bitch slapped a few teams last year that we had no business beating with Clemens as our QB. Calm down, and enjoy the ride.

Psycho_X

Legend
...and I don't think you have reason. That was an offensive show by a SECOND GAME and THIRD STRING QB who was an assistant high school football coach a year ago. We need to get real in our expectations and acknowledge the accomplishment for what it was... amazing.

Until yesterday, I had little real quantifiable hope for this season. THAT game gave me hope again. It was SO CLOSE and the talent displayed was undeniable.

It was a great accomplishment. Too bad he won't be starting against Philly to see if he can build on it.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I agree with others, positives are nice and it's nice that you're not acting as if the world is falling apart and we should all jump off ship or we'll surely drown, but that's not all there is to it and many of the criticisms are very justified. Moral victories stopped mattering for most of us sometime around 2011 when Spags ran the idea into the ground.

Players looking good can only go so far before it has to manifest itself into the record, potential and looking good doesn't make the playoffs, quell any critics, explain egregious errors in effort, ability to finish and general unpreparedness or make you less of the laughingstock of the league. Sometimes you gotta put up Ws, ugly wins are a lot more fun than pretty losses.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
It was a great accomplishment. Too bad he won't be starting against Philly to see if he can build on it.

Just because Davis is good, doesn't mean Hill won't be better. But, at this point, that's a hard argument to make.

Hill didn't score a TD against the Vikings in the first half and Davis didn't score a TD in the second half. For head-to-head, that's all we have.

I actually attribute a lot of Davis' success to an improving team. Hill was destroyed by penalties in game one. Rams lost yesterday to penalties, fair or not.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree with others, positives are nice and it's nice that you're not acting as if the world is falling apart and we should all jump off ship or we'll surely drown, but that's not all there is to it and many of the criticisms are very justified. Moral victories stopped mattering for most of us sometime around 2011 when Spags ran the idea into the ground.

Players looking good can only go so far before it has to manifest itself into the record, potential and looking good doesn't make the playoffs, quell any critics, explain egregious errors in effort, ability to finish and general unpreparedness or make you less of the laughingstock of the league. Sometimes you gotta put up Ws, ugly wins are a lot more fun than pretty losses.

The "laughingstock" hasn't applied for several seasons, doesn't apply now, and needs to be put to bed. Rams just almost beat up on the Cowboys for almost three quarters and lost by 3 points with a second start and third string QB. They were one play each from shutting down a star RB and WR with a franchise QB. I can tell you, the Cowboy fans weren't laughing, they were feeling very very lucky and blessed by the refs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought the Rams didn't have a shot at winning. And they came very close to doing that. The team definitely out-performed my expectations BUT they still lost and like any other fan, I'm going to be frustrated by that loss. Especially with how heart-breaking it was.