When RamzFanz rants...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
...no one listens!

But that's OK, I'm going to do my own vent thread right here and now.

HOW COULD ANYONE BE DOWN ON THIS TEAM?! :wtf:

When your THIRD STRING QB plays like that, holy sh1t! He's not a superstar (yet) but he's THIRD STRING for god's sake. We should be freaking joyful that Rams took it to Dallas with their 1st string QB and damn near beat them in a SHOOTOUT, with Davis stomping Romo's stats!

How about these for headlines:

Austin Davis crushes Tony Romo! The Cowboys 1st string QB gets schooled by SECOND GAME and THIRD STRINGER Austin Davis with 110 more passing yards and 1 more TD!

Quick does it again! Dallas was the first team able to quiet Brian Quick but he still catches 2 pass for 62 yards and a TD! 31 YPC. If he weren't interfered with he would have 2 TDs and a big pile of yards! NICE job Quickie!

Britt emerges! The third game of the season may mark Kenny Britt's emergence as a season long threat. 5 receptions for 69 yards and several clinch catches! Welcome Britt, good job!

Cook leads the team in receiving! He's statistically the BEST TE the Rams have EVER had! Yes, he dropped a TD pass but at least he showed heart being pissed at himself despite leading the receiving corps all game. Most of those drives by the Rams don't happen without Cook making clutch plays and taking big hits. Keep your chin up Cook, you had a solid game!

Zac Stacey has 5.6 YPC! Good job Stacey!

Passes made to eight different players! WOW, I haven't seen the ball spread around this much since GSOT days. What depth and width the Rams have on offense! And all this WITHOUT Bailey and TA!

Defense creates 2 turnovers and SIX points! Janoris Jenkins has a pick six and Ogletree forces a fumble! Dez Bryant and D. Murray were not anywhere near as productive as predicted. One of, if not the BEST runningback in the league, was held to 100 yards! One bad play leads to a 44 yard run or he's held to 56 yards! That's amazing! Bryant was also a one play wonder. Jenkins bottled him up all day. Without that one play, he has 21 yards! The Rams D played the run so well, the two teams had almost identical yards rushing! How many 3rd down stops were handed away by the refs? At least 2 that I remember. This D played well against a FIRST STRING FRANCHISE QB, WR, and RB. Rams were tackeled for a loss once for one yard and where Dallas lost 18 yards on 5 TFLs.

Rams create first downs like it's nothing! Rams create 26 first downs to Dallas's 19! Their third down efficiency was 61% to Dallas's 50%.

Rams as good as Dallas in Red Zone Efficiency! 50% red zone efficiency and rising every week! At goal to go, Rams were 100% at 2 for 2!

Rams control the ball! Rams control the ball for over 5 minutes more than the Cowboys!

Dallas gets ZERO sacks! An improved performance by the O line and Austin Davis prevent Dallas from registering a sack!

RAMS won this game. You take away the bad calls and the Rams win. Even WITH the bad calls they were in it until the end. Austin Davis throws a "go up and get it" ball to quick and it's inches too far. If Quick catches that or breaks up the play, Rams had a very real chance to win.

I'm proud of what they did and now, with a buy week to work on issues and heal up players, I'M PUMPED about playing the Eagles, going 2-2, and heading into the division games firing on all cylinders!

@CoachO TOLD us fans would get down early when the Rams struggled getting it together with a new QB and he was right. CALM DOWN fans and be amazed at what the Rams have done to improve these last 3 weeks with a THIRD STRING QB!

Rant over.

Do NOT post negative sh1t below please. It's BS and I don't want to read it. YES the Rams can improve but this was one hell of a showing for game 3 and AD's SECOND START EVER.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I hear ya man... a lot of good to take away, but once again... . a loss. It seems like there is always something that happens. Wells fumble, bad execution on 4th and inches, stupid penalties, horrible officiating. You are up 21-0 on a team at home and you have to put them away. But you're right - a lot of positives too.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Show me the W and the positive performances mean a lot more.

Doesn't matter how much goes right if the end result is the same.

I think many of the criticisms are warranted.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
To add: The Rams Offense did overcome an OPI on Quick, on Quick's 51-yard TD.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I Listen, and I Hear YA BRO!! I alluded to some of the same things on the 'Praise' Thread Earlier!! :D GO RAMS! ( IF I could have given you two 'likes' I would have!)

Rambition

Rookie
appreciate the optimism, ramsbro. it's amazing how much better you feel when you calm down and take a look at the positives.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
[Quote"ZigZagRam, post: 408973, member: 1290"]Show me the W and the positive performances mean a lot more.

I think many of the criticisms are warranted.[/QUOTE]
I state again 3rdSTRING QB

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Show me the W and the positive performances mean a lot more.

I think many of the criticisms are warranted.

It does matter. I will take a Rams team with this display of talent and potential over getting stomped into the dirt and knowing all hope was lost.

Yesterday I watched a team that is a few improvements away from playing anyone. Dallas' stars made just 2 big plays. Rams were moving the ball almost at will. A win would have been the very best but, if there wasn't a W, this is what I wanted to see.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
One thing annoys me with our St Louis fans - they hate Jared Cook. He's statistically the best TE the Rams have ever had - hes a threat on every play. But the guy gets no love.

I know what he did yesterday was unacceptable. But his play deserves more recognition.

I think what annoys people is that he shows glimpses of all-pro ability - but then makes a boneheaded drop. He's still good though.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I get all that, some positive points, but we still lost dude.
You don't reach the playoffs on potential, production is what matters.
Also, to call negative opinions BS is a tad silly, I think we have a legitimate reason to be more than slightly annoyed by that performance

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
As comparison, I'd take yesterday's team any day over that debacle we saw against Minnesota. At least they were productive, scored some points, and showed heart.

RamzFanz

Damnit
One thing annoys me with our St Louis fans - they hate Jared Cook. He's statistically the best TE the Rams have ever had - hes a threat on every play. But the guy gets no love.

I know what he did yesterday was unacceptable. But his play deserves more recognition.

I think what annoys people is that he shows glimpses of all-pro ability - but then makes a boneheaded drop. He's still good though.

The Rams don't have a star TE, but they have a star TE group. Cook WAS the reason Rams' scored so much yesterday. He made clutch plays and took big hits and held on several times. He is explosive and can open up a game. He averaged over 10 YPR.

What I don't get is why they used him in an end around or threw to him IN the end zone. He's not built for end arounds. There are so many better choices for that play. If you're throwing INTO the end zone, go Pettis or Kendricks or a "go up and get it" Quick or Britt. Cook isn't that guy. Cook is the seam guy who will turn a throw outside of the end zone into a TD.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Also, to call negative opinions BS is a tad silly, I think we have a legitimate reason to be more than slightly annoyed by that performance
Why is someone voting this as inappropriate? Nothing offensive, nothing hurtful here.
The OP posted a great article with lots of positives, I'm allowed to post my opinion on it, I believe I've made some valid points

RamzFanz

Damnit

...and I don't think you have reason. That was an offensive show by a SECOND GAME and THIRD STRING QB who was an assistant high school football coach a year ago. We need to get real in our expectations and acknowledge the accomplishment for what it was... amazing.

Until yesterday, I had little real quantifiable hope for this season. THAT game gave me hope again. It was SO CLOSE and the talent displayed was undeniable.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
...and I don't think you have reason. That was an offensive show by a SECOND GAME and THIRD STRING QB who was an assistant high school football coach a year ago. We need to get real in our expectations and acknowledge the accomplishment for what it was... amazing.

Until yesterday, I had little real quantifiable hope for this season. THAT game gave me hope again. It was SO CLOSE and the talent displayed was undeniable.

I'm not going to get into all the negatives here because it's supposed to be a positive rant, but I simply can't watch and feel pumped we lost a game from a 21-0 position, regardless of the positives.
But that's just me :-/

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The game was fun to watch. It was everything that I tune in for. Except for the final outcome.
I've always stated that, win or lose, I just want a competitive team. We have a competitive team.
The team that showed up yesterday would have beat minn week one.

We're are heading into a very exciting stretch of our schedule. I can't wait. This team will improve every week.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
The Rams don't have a star TE, but they have a star TE group. Cook WAS the reason Rams' scored so much yesterday. He made clutch plays and took big hits and held on several times. He is explosive and can open up a game. He averaged over 10 YPR.

What I don't get is why they used him in an end around or threw to him IN the end zone. He's not built for end arounds. There are so many better choices for that play. If you're throwing INTO the end zone, go Pettis or Kendricks or a "go up and get it" Quick or Britt. Cook isn't that guy. Cook is the seam guy who will turn a throw outside of the end zone into a TD.

Or Harkey. I love me some Kendricks and Harkey!

RamzFanz

Damnit
The game was fun to watch. It was everything that I tune in for. Except for the final outcome.
I've always stated that, win or lose, I just want a competitive team. We have a competitive team.
The team that showed up yesterday would have beat minn week one.

We're are heading into a very exciting stretch of our schedule. I can't wait. This team will improve every week.

EXACTLY! Great point! ^^^ What he said!

The team we saw yesterday wins week 1 and wins week 2. As far as I'm concerned, they also win week 3. The refs screwed the Rams. Even Cowboy fans at the game were laughing at the calls and shrugging their soulders.