When did you become part of the Ram Herd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In What era did you become a Rams Fan?

• 1946-1960 - The Golden Era

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • 1960-1972 Blue and White/ Fearsome Foresome years

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • 1973 - 1980 Ground Chuck through Move to Anaheim

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • 1981-1990 The Dickerson and Zampese Decade

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • 1990-1998 - The Lean years and the Move to The Lou

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 1999- 2010 -GSOT - B.S. (Before Stan took Majority control)

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • 2011-Present -Stan, Snish, and the Return

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
It was during this era for me.

romangabrielpf-1.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
Been through there on a greyhound. Was like a wasteland...like Arizona...
True....
But, you know, everything is a trade off.
Sort of makes me laugh when people here would get all up in arms and protest the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste storage facility. Their logo was "Nevada is not a wasteland".....um, yeah, it sort of is.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The playoffs in '79-'80, my uncle who's only 7 years older than me was rooting for the Rams and I still do. We're the only two in a family full of Whiner fans that are sane.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I live in Bama right now. Haven't been to Florida in about 6 years. Hate the humidity so fkn much. Only thing I miss is the no state tax lol, and my friends of course.

Is There a Part of Florida that is Less Humid (or More Humid) Than Others?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice...Liked them before that, however, was really young because of the Horns and the name Deacon Jones my Uncle made me a name plate for my cubbie at School and it read "Den The Deacon." Kept that for quite a long time.

I remember Roman Gabriel being on the cover of a 1967 Issue of Sports Illustrated and seeing it on table in a friends house...I had seen the Rams before that, but I really was hooked then, thinking "I'm a Rams fan". The issue must have been an old one, because I saw it about 1970....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
74-75

I barely remember the blue & white uniforms....my mom hated everything LA...and was cheering against them...Probably versus Dallas....And I figured they needed a lil help....She always thought Shack Harris was getting a bad/raw deal....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A cherished toy thing, that I am still thinking of re-purchasing, was a kids blue & white helmet...I still can't believe I got rid of that (I suspect my parents):wtf:

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
1958 - Rams vs Colts. Billy Wade, Jon Arnett etc . I was 10; Dad (Canadian) wasn't really a fan, (HUGE Dodger fan though), but got tix occasionally from work. We'd go to Phillipe's after. Still the best French Dip in the planet.

Never looked back. That was 58 years ago. Jesus! Turned 68 today - where'd it go?
I became a Rams fan somewhere around there. I remember Billy Wade (didn't he wear #9), Jon Arnett, Ollie Matson and others from that time period. I'm 71. At least you remember. I also used to go to Phillipe's and buy their hot mustard. Used to work across the street from there at the old Post Office. One of my favorite players was Alvin Haymond.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Grew up on the central coast with a father who is a Rams fan.
Went to my first game on a Monday night vs the Raiders.
My first memory with the Rams was the Rams vs Steelers Super Bowl.
I remember Pittsburgh scoring first and the announcer saying something about the percentage of teams that score first winning the Super Bowl....I started crying and threw my hat at the TV.
I was just a little, little kid then.
Rams were big dogs in the SB. The closest any team has come to having a SB at home. That game was in the Rose Bowl. The Rams were in the Coliseum. One play stopped them from completing one of the biggest upsets. Do you remember who threw the first Ram's td?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a bunch of old farts......I am glad you bastids got the learning CD, "Learning The Computer"

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

Is There a Part of Florida that is Less Humid (or More Humid) Than Others?
I spent most of my life in Tampa Bay. I'd guess the panhandle is less humid and the rest is about the same. Maybe less on the east coast. Might not be to bad in the keys though have never been to the southern tip. Naples is as far south as ive gone. Never had a desire to visit Miami.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My 1st Live game was in Dec 1951, when we stomped the GB Packers!(y) This at one time made me the Oldest Fan here at ROD! I wonder IF I still am!!:rolllaugh::mrburnsevil::hiding:

diggity

Rookie
I'm sure this has been posted in some form here, but I didn't see it. (Yeah..I suck with search functions) I'm curious what the age demographic on this fine site is? For Me, I became a part of the Rams Family in 1969 at the tender age of 6. Really got into them and football rabidly around 71. Suffered with many of you through the ground chuck years all the way to '94, never winning a championship. We were finally rewarded with the GSOT in '99, where I saw one of my life's dreams come true. Attending the Super Bowl in Atlanta was one of the top 3 experiences of my life.

One of the other top 5 experiences came with the January announcement that our Rams were returning to LA. While I feel extreme empathy with my St. Louis brethren, this was something I NEVER thought I would see in my lifetime and I am beyond ecstatic.

When did you become part of the herd?

December 5, 1971. RAMS beat the Saints 45-28 in LA. Willie Ellison had his huge rushing day. I watched my first NFL game on our TV that had nothing but snow and distortion. But, I watched the blurry picture for the whole game. Hooked on the Horns since that day. And, I thank GOD above every single day that for whatever reason...I think it was divine intervention, that the STINKIN' 9ers were not on TV at that time.
GO RAMS!!!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I remember Roman Gabriel being on the cover of a 1967 Issue of Sports Illustrated and seeing it on table in a friends house...I had seen the Rams before that, but I really was hooked then, thinking "I'm a Rams fan". The issue must have been an old one, because I saw it about 1970....

Funny became a King fan because of this Sports Illustrated and Vachon just got inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Sports Magazines had quite an impact back then and how could you not love, Rogie the Goalie?
february-10-1975-sports-illustrated-cover-hockey-aerial-view-of-los-picture-id105967238