When did you become part of the Ram Herd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In What era did you become a Rams Fan?

• 1946-1960 - The Golden Era

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • 1960-1972 Blue and White/ Fearsome Foresome years

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • 1973 - 1980 Ground Chuck through Move to Anaheim

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • 1981-1990 The Dickerson and Zampese Decade

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • 1990-1998 - The Lean years and the Move to The Lou

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 1999- 2010 -GSOT - B.S. (Before Stan took Majority control)

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • 2011-Present -Stan, Snish, and the Return

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
It was Oct. of 1963 for me. One month shy of my 8th birthday. Rams v 49ers. This was a rare win for the good guys. I became a Rams fan that day. Not because of the win, but because of the uniforms. That helmet had me hooked but good!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This was a pretty hilarious shot from Christmas 1974. I was nine. The sad thing was: I am the one in the DOLPHINS jammies. My little niner-loving front-runner brother is wearing the Rams stuff.- Early Blue and Yellow era. (Mom got the teams wrong on her shopping trip.:mad: Maybe that explains the shocked look on our face) Funny thing is, the little niner-lover was a Redskins fan back then- (Joe Montana was still in high school.)

Oh well. My Ram love was 3-4 years old by then. I had a John Hadl poster on my wall around 1971-72. I don't clearly remember the blue and whites. But I remember Jack Snow and Harold Jackson, Despite my ROD name, I don't remember watching Roman Gabriel- just my dad talking about him. We were in the early years of Knox here. En-route to our STILL STANDING NFL RECORD 7 straight division titles. 1973-1979. (y)

*Hey @Tron check out that TV buddy. State of the art! You were born too late. Suck it pal! :banana:

View attachment 14580
I think my grandparents had a tv like that at their place in Minnesota lol.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I think my grandparents had a tv like that at their place in Minnesota lol.
That's funny, because we lived in Bloomington, Minn. from '69-'72, back when I had that Hadl poster on my wall.:)

edit :rant:...wait, I might be almost old enough to be your dad, but not your grampa!!

...now....go to your room!

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My 1st Live game was in Dec 1951, when we stomped the GB Packers!(y) This at one time made me the Oldest Fan here at ROD! I wonder IF I still am!!:rolllaugh::mrburnsevil::hiding:
So!...is your real name...Moses?? :rolllaugh: My Dad had season tix in '51, and he went to the Championship game.

Pretty amazing all the oldtimers there are on here! Lots of guys who became fans right within a year or 2 of me, (which makes me feel NOT as old...):D

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That's funny, because we lived in Bloomington, Minn. from '69-'72, back when I had that Hadl poster on my wall.:)

edit :rant:...wait, I might be almost old enough to be your dad, but not your grampa!!

...now....go to your room!
Oh, you easily could be old enough to be my grandfather!!! :mrburnsevil:

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Going off of memory....I remember a half back pass....Lawrence Mccutcheon?
Absolutely.. I don't recall if he had thrown any other td's. It was a shock. I remember all the talk about Bleier and Franco Harris. But the best running back on the field that day was Wendell Tyler, and he was throwing up all day. I was so happy to see him run through the steel curtain.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
True....
But, you know, everything is a trade off.
Sort of makes me laugh when people here would get all up in arms and protest the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste storage facility. Their logo was "Nevada is not a wasteland".....um, yeah, it sort of is.
Umm...
No, it sorta' isn't.

fearsomefour

Legend
Absolutely.. I don't recall if he had thrown any other td's. It was a shock. I remember all the talk about Bleier and Franco Harris. But the best running back on the field that day was Wendell Tyler, and he was throwing up all day. I was so happy to see him run through the steel curtain.
That Rams O line was very, very good.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It was around 72 or 73 for me. I was 6yrs old.

My family moved to Pearl City, HI back then (we are Floridians though)... so I became the 2nd Haole kid going to school there at the time. We were a rare sight in those parts. Back in those days cartoons were only shown on TV on Saturday mornings... kids really looked forward to that Hahahaha. But I always enjoyed Sunday mornings more because we always got the Ram games televised. The time difference made the games come on in the mornings over there... Sunday mornings and the Rams always beat the hell out of cartoons for me. I've been addicted ever since.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
search

Hey fellas sorry im late to this conversation ... i grew up in a small town in western New York......but i became a Rams fan in 1973 at 5 years old. I loved them through Los Angeles, Anihiem, St. Louis, and now back in Los Angeles. I embrace they're history from Cleveland on..... I love them and will until I die..... ;)

Go Rams.......... ;)

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I think I am in the 1973-1980 category. I have just always been a Ram (born in 67). Dad says I came out of the womb asking for Rams gear.
My cousin was the LT for the Steelers during the entire 70s (Kolb #55), so that side of the family has Steeler disease. The other side are all Cowboys fans. It was difficult being a Rams fan at family reunions.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think I am in the 1973-1980 category. I have just always been a Ram (born in 67). Dad says I came out of the womb asking for Rams gear.
My cousin was the LT for the Steelers during the entire 70s (Kolb #55), so that side of the family has Steeler disease. The other side are all Cowboys fans. It was difficult being a Rams fan at family reunions.
No doubt..It's incredible that you became a Rams fan.:bow:

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
1970 baby, Roman Gabriel, Les Josephson, Jack Snow, Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen..... Yeah baby.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
What I gathered from this thread is that 67.5% of this forum is old.
45.4% are really old!!!
200.gif

200.gif

1945RamFan

UDFA
Name
Larry Eddy
I'm sure this has been posted in some form here, but I didn't see it. (Yeah..I suck with search functions) I'm curious what the age demographic on this fine site is? For Me, I became a part of the Rams Family in 1969 at the tender age of 6. Really got into them and football rabidly around 71. Suffered with many of you through the ground chuck years all the way to '94, never winning a championship. We were finally rewarded with the GSOT in '99, where I saw one of my life's dreams come true. Attending the Super Bowl in Atlanta was one of the top 3 experiences of my life.

One of the other top 5 experiences came with the January announcement that our Rams were returning to LA. While I feel extreme empathy with my St. Louis brethren, this was something I NEVER thought I would see in my lifetime and I am beyond ecstatic.

When did you become part of the herd?
I became a Ram fan the year they drafted Bob Waterfield. I lived in downtown San Francisco and still followed the Ram. Did not have a bunch of friends, but I made a lot of money betting against the 49'er. I listened to the Rams play Cleveland on radio from West Virginia. I followed them from North Carolina. while in the service.

Name
Roger Stern
Old men. The majority of us lol. 1965. 50 years of fandom. Last 12 years by far have been the hardest to stay true but we have. I can see light at the end of tunnel :)