When did you become part of the Ram Herd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In What era did you become a Rams Fan?

• 1946-1960 - The Golden Era

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • 1960-1972 Blue and White/ Fearsome Foresome years

Votes: 43 38.1%
  • 1973 - 1980 Ground Chuck through Move to Anaheim

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • 1981-1990 The Dickerson and Zampese Decade

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • 1990-1998 - The Lean years and the Move to The Lou

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 1999- 2010 -GSOT - B.S. (Before Stan took Majority control)

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • 2011-Present -Stan, Snish, and the Return

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No crap! That's why we're so desperate for another SB - the clock is ticking whippersnapper..
View attachment 14589 View attachment 14588
I considered the career of Merlin Olsen, with 15 years with the Rams and Aaron Donald. Looking at my family history whn adult males passed away...I don't know if I will live to see Donald enter the Hall of Fame....That is some sh*t!:bueller:

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
The '99 game against the Bucs started my interest after seeing my dad so excited before the game. To bad for him I'm a traitor and started liking the Rams after he told me their story.

During the super bowl I still wasn't completely into football and my friend and I were hanging out while our parents watched the game. The power went out after the 1st quarter so my dad ran into my room grabed my stereo and some batteries and with nothing else to do my buddy and I listened to that exciting game with them.

After that I was sold and hooked. I couldn't get enough of watching that offense play.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
image.jpg
I don't like posting pics of myself but here goes as I want to join in (although you can tell that I didn't like my pic being taken, as I don't now).

Starting supporting when my old man got a job in LA and we lived there for two years. I was only a nipper but had a sports based bedroom as you can see. West Ham, Rams and Dodgers all the top teams on show!

I should say that was around 1983.

Last edited:

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you remember who threw the first Ram's td?

Yes, this one at the 12:24 mark. I recommend stop watching after that though unless you want your heart broken again...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It was around 72 or 73 for me. I was 6yrs old.

Sunday mornings and the Rams always beat the hell out of cartoons for me. I've been addicted ever since.

Same here Selassie I.... When I was about 7 yrs old or so.... on Sundays, I watched the pregame shows when my brother and buddies all preferred cartoons or to go outside and play.

I was hooked on the NFL Today CBS with Brent Musburger and the gang. I would get excited with anxiety waiting for them to make their Rams picks.

Jimmy-The-Greek-Meet_The_Matts.jpg

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Shaun McDonalds game winning TD in OT. That shut them the fugg up. Except for this little kid (Rams fan) dishing it out whilst we were leaving the stadium. Bwahahaha

'67 for me. I'm a third generation Rams fan. My dad used to ride his bike to their practice facility on his way back from school. The Rams have been about my relationship with my dad more than the game itself. We are 5-0 on going to games together. I've been to many more than that but two of them included OT wins against the shitchickens - including last season's opener. We were also in Seattle for the 2004 seventeen point rally and win in OT. What a great game to shut those bandwagoners up. Been a little rough up there since then though. But before last season, that was the last game my dad and I had been to together.
2004 win in seattle.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wait.......your American???

freak that explains a lot then!

Yes. I am a US citizen.

I moved to Canada in 2005 for work and live here as a "permanent resident". My wife is a Canadian citizen, so I've got all the bases covered! (y)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My cousin was the LT for the Steelers during the entire 70s (Kolb #55), so that side of the family has Steeler disease.

Your cousin was one hell of a football player strong as hell and John Kolb was the reason I started lifting weights, he was in many strong man competitions! If you do still keep in touch, Let him know he inspired many (born in 66).

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
1969. Got my first helmet for my birthday. Hell I used to sleep with it on at night. My parents sent a picture of me sleeping with it to the RAMS and I got a letter and signed picture from Merlin Olson. A few years later Merlin sent me another picture with a note hoping I was still cheering for the RAMS. Through thick and thin I've been a RAMS fan. Two of my sons are also fans.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Mid 70's

Rams_Shirt7a.jpg

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Liking the old photos w/Rams gear fellas. Good stuff. Priceless!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
This was a pretty hilarious shot from Christmas 1974. I was nine. The sad thing was: I am the one in the DOLPHINS jammies. My little niner-loving front-runner brother is wearing the Rams stuff.- Early Blue and Yellow era. (Mom got the teams wrong on her shopping trip.:mad: Maybe that explains the shocked look on our face) Funny thing is, the little niner-lover was a Redskins fan back then- (Joe Montana was still in high school.)

Oh well. My Ram love was 3-4 years old by then. I had a John Hadl poster on my wall around 1971-72. I don't clearly remember the blue and whites. But I remember Jack Snow and Harold Jackson, Despite my ROD name, I don't remember watching Roman Gabriel- just my dad talking about him. We were in the early years of Knox here. En-route to our STILL STANDING NFL RECORD 7 straight division titles. 1973-1979. (y)

*Hey @Tron check out that TV buddy. State of the art! You were born too late. Suck it pal! :banana:

View attachment 14580
Them old console TV's

How many people remember when we used to have to actually look down , to watch TV , or be able to lay on the floor to watch TV

I still miss the days when we could sit stuff on top of the TV

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Them old console TV's

How many people remember when we used to have to actually look down , to watch TV , or be able to lay on the floor to watch TV

I still miss the days when we could sit stuff on top of the TV

Yup those are the days when we were the remote control remember.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Yup those are the days when we were the remote control remember.
I was lucky , I had two younger sisters and a younger brother

I was in like Jr High before we got our first TV with a remote , because that was when we got cable for the first time and needed a TV that could get more then 13 channels

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
My official start was 1958...I got a full Rams uniform for Christmas...Picture the plastic helmet, plastic shoulder pads and really useless cardboard thigh pads...Could't have been any better...First in-person game was 1964, when Gabriel and the Rams went down to Unitas and the Colts...Never forget the first play from scrimmage...Unitas to John Mackey for 80 and a TD..Kind of set the tone for the game, unfortunately...Great none the less...When I lived Alaska I went to St. Louis with some other fans for the Packer game (2003)...Rams kicked ass and took names...Great time..I had to retire because of a couple of health issues, but I now live in Medford, OR...Should be easier to get to a game in L.A....Being a Rams fan for 50+ years has been a real bumpy ride...Wouldn't trade it for anything else though...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My official start was 1958...I got a full Rams uniform for Christmas...Picture the plastic helmet, plastic shoulder pads and really useless cardboard thigh pads...Could't have been any better...First in-person game was 1964, when Gabriel and the Rams went down to Unitas and the Colts...Never forget the first play from scrimmage...Unitas to John Mackey for 80 and a TD..Kind of set the tone for the game, unfortunately...Great none the less...When I lived Alaska I went to St. Louis with some other fans for the Packer game (2003)...Rams kicked ass and took names...Great time..I had to retire because of a couple of health issues, but I now live in Medford, OR...Should be easier to get to a game in L.A....Being a Rams fan for 50+ years has been a real bumpy ride...Wouldn't trade it for anything else though...

I've asked this of many Rams fans that have as many years as you.

Tell me what you said either out loud or to yourself when Jones made The Tackle and the clock hit 00:00

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was 1977 for me. Everyone around my hometown were Washington Redskin, or Dallas Cowboys fans with a few Atlanta Falcon fans scattered in there. They were winning so they were on television a lot, and there was something about the blue and gold. There was something about that mystical LA place and those horns. I decided in my bedroom, at the age of seven, that I shared with a Redskin fan(he still is too by the way) that I was to be a Ram fan. No Matter What!

I've been one to this day. Even when my home state of North Carolina got a team, people expected me to follow the Panthers. Screw the Panthers.

bluecoconuts

Legend
In the poll, the GSOT years, but honestly that should only be like 1999 to 2004, then the dark ages.. Which is when I actually became a fan, that's when I moved to the states and picked up an old copy of Madden so I could learn about football and picked a team at random which happened to be the Rams. I would just run the same play over and over again (slant to Bruce or Holt) and be happy with it. I didn't get to experience the good times, I just had to deal with darkness.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've asked this of many Rams fans that have as many years as you.

Tell me what you said either out loud or to yourself when Jones made The Tackle and the clock hit 00:00

Fan for 47 years, cried through the 70's, drank through the 80's, got married had kids through the 90's...perfect timing!

When the clock hit 00:00 I sat silently for about 15 minutes with a house full of guests not knowing what to say.

That Super Bowl drained me emotionally and physically to the point that I really didn't enjoy the game. I was so aggravated with all the stalled drives. It stressed me out beyond belief.

After 15 minutes I started off by apologizing to my guests for being such an a-hole and hadn't realized they stuck it out with me while there was a blizzard going on outside for most of the game.

I won't make that mistake again in the near future!