What would it take for you to stop watching the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If they move from St Louis. I probably just move on from the NFL then. I admire the fans from LA, I wouldn't have followed. To me, a large part of the fun is that they are local. I'm not going to pay every year for Sunday Ticket to watch a team that would care so little for our fans. But, cross that bridge when I get to it.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Id be very very pissed if the rams are ripped from st louis with a good stadium offer on the table. Im a fairly young rams fan compared to a lot of you guys (31) but the rams have been my only team since ive been a football fan. But I love my rams and thats about the only thing that would get me to stop watching at least for a while.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
If they move from St Louis. I probably just move on from the NFL then. I admire the fans from LA, I wouldn't have followed. To me, a large part of the fun is that they are local. I'm not going to pay every year for Sunday Ticket to watch a team that would care so little for our fans. But, cross that bridge when I get to it.
And this to me would be the absolute bittersweet part of it if they did move to L.A. We'd lose some REALLY good people from our Rams community, and it'd be hard to blame them.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Living in western Maryland I don't get a chance to see the Rams in person too often. I've made the 20 hour round-trip drive twice to see them play the Skins and the Chiefs. So if the NFL became all pay-per-view and there would be no streams to watch on my pc, that would be the end of it.

I wouldn't stop watching if a particular player or coach was signed.

I stopped watching boxing after being a big fan of that sport for many years after seeing three boxers die in the ring. Maybe if that happened in the NFL I might react the same way.

Another possibility is that if Roger Goodell and his clowns continue to degrade the game until every game looks like a Pro Bowl game, that might make the NFL unwatchable for me.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

I'd still follow them and did the Cardinals I was intercepting feeds of their games before I got Sunday ticket ,had the ten foot dish scanned the sky till I found them. Once the Rams came here I switched ,I hate the idea of being a jaguar fan but IMO if the Rams move I expect Shad to move here.

iced

I watched them every sunday/chance i got during the 2007 - 2009 regimes... if you fit this category.....

clearly, there is nothing that will deter you

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The only thing that has made me even consider it is if the team signed Michael Vick. It would also be very hard for me if we drafted Winston. Fortunately, neither is likely.

I suppose if the Rams had become the St. Louis Stallions or whatever and completely cut ties with the Rams history, name and colors, it'd be a bit hard to follow them. Especially if the name wasn't freed up for an eventual expansion team a la the Cleveland Browns. But if that was going to happen, it would have happened 20 years ago.

That was a really clever move by the City of Cleveland, retaining the name, colors and history. They forced Modell into giving them the rights to all of that stuff through a series of moves and enforcing clauses in the lease he had with them for the stadium. It came down to the fact that he had to play all home games in that stadium until the lease had expired, and it didn't matter where the team was located the games had to be at Municipal Stadium. So that was the silver bullet. They let him out of the lease and he gave them the rights to the name and history and all the rest.

If Georgia renamed the team and got new unis and a fresh history I think she would still own the Rams history, name and so on. The NFL wouldn't be able to use that for another owner without her allowing it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
From a St. Louis native...there is nothing that would make me stop watching them. Even if I was dragged into hell, I'd kick Satan out of his throne so that I can watch the Rams, Blues, Cardinals, and Tigers play.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The only way I wouldnt watch the Rams would be if they were no longer an NFL franchise. As long as there is a Rams NFL team I will do whatever it takes to watch their games.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
If they ever lose the horns.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
It's been almost a week and I'm still seeing Facebook pages and news networks dedicated to "Boycotting the St.Louis Rams". Which, if you think about it, is pretty good considering this country's attention span. I've gone through hundreds of comments and posts and articles explaining why they won't support or watch the Rams EVER again. It got me really thinking about it. I mean, people still supported the Ravens after the Ray Lewis and Ray Rice thing. People supported the Vikings after Adrian Peterson was suspended. I really believe that if you're a true fan of a team, your mind, heart and dedication would never allow you to do such a thing. Obviously this is just my opinion but it's just baffling how many people have actually gotten behind this idea. I can't even think of a scenario, aside from the NFL disbanding altogether, that would actually make me wanna stop watching the Rams. Thoughts?
A week since what? Who is boycotting and why? Is it the "hands" gesture you refer to?

If it's the "hands up" thing then I just have to say that those people were probably never really fans in the first place and wont be missed. Some people are just going around trying to be offended at this point and I'm sorry but to organize a boycott of the Rams over that is petty.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Nothing really, maybe if the owner murders one of my family members or close friends.

Relocation, that's it.

One would think loyalty is cemented after going through five years of garbage football from 2007-2011 and still being a fan.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
To answer your question: If I ever stop following the Rams it will be because I've gotten so fed up with the officiating and etc. that I just rage quit the NFL entirely. So long as I'm a fan of the NFL, I'll be a Ram fan.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Nothing would EVER stop me watching or supporting the rams.. NOTHING

End of

Same here. I've lived through the toughest of tough times with the Rams over the last decade and that hasn't put me off so I honestly can't think of anything that would drive me away.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Put me on the death list.
I just hope it's not the Rams, that make my fate.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Nothing really, maybe if the owner murders one of my family members or close friends.

One would think loyalty is cemented after going through five years of garbage football from 2007-2011 and still being a fan.

I'm a STL fan, a MO fan. I'll tell you this, though, if they go anywhere then I'll despise the Cards because STL supported them worlds better than my Rams. There was a time where the Cards were an afterthought to the Rams. This was once the greatest football city in America. We had the rowdiest fans in the toughest place to play. I dream to see it return. I can't imagine it being like it once was though. Lots of scars.