What to do with Brian Quick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What to do with Brian Quick?

• Give him another shot

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • Time to move on

Votes: 68 57.6%

• Total voters

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
See i disagree. He surpasses the eye test in terms of a WR's body, but i still don't see enough athleticism, agility, body control etc...4 years in and he still hasn't shown me that he knows how to locate and attack the ball in tight quarters or one-on-one deep. He loses almost every battle and looks way too passive out there(even when he was involved last year).

We need a talented, fiery competitor out there who can win those battles. Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Michael Irvin, Terrell Owens, Chris Carter. I realize these guys are all world, but Brian Quick is the antithesis of these types of WR's in every way besides measurables.

Hell if we could put Tavon's competitiveness into Quick's body we'd be onto something, but i still don't think Quick has the agility or athleticism to go along with his 6'3" 220 frame and soft football mentality.

Well said... I hate seeing Cook and Quick on our team, both look the part, but thats it...

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cut him and the Pats sign him and he becomes Brady's go to guy .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually it was 70/1100.
He played in 7 games in 2014. But you have to assume his productive would have progressed as the season went on.
You really can't assume that at all. If anything, he was trending the other way seeing he only had a total of 4 catches for 53 yards in his last 3 games
I'd give him a camp invite and see if he can earn a spot. That's about it though

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
With what we've seen of our passing game, I wouldn't say he is the problem. Sign him to a prove it type contract and see if our new OC (Boras or otherwise) can actually take advantage of his measurable.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams can sign him to the veteran minimum salary, then he can probably find a better deal with any other team. If I were Quick's agent, I might look for a different situation. Like a team with a proven QB. This kid had great bloodlines, and I thought he was eventually going to be very good.. That shoulder really set him back, career-wise. I think Quick is gone.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Time to move on, Quick is a free agent so if the Rams are going to sign a free agent receiver might as well sign someone better than him, I see no reason to sign Quick to a new contract. Britt has another year so let him compete with the new guys that are brought in. The Rams should be major players for the top receivers in FA and they should also draft one early in the draft. If you want to see change with the offense than you have to make changes. Bringing the same guys back and hoping it works this time is not something I want to see.

jjab360

Legend
Vet minimum, I guess?

Doubt anybody else would be interested, that bust label is official now

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He has stone hands! I feel like it's a miracle if he elevates and comes down with the ball. He just has terrible football instincts IMO. I agree with Mojo a 1000%, He is missing something in the mentality of a good to great WR. He seems happy to be there, I want someone happy putting up 2TDs and 100 yards like he's supposed to do that. You will not be great if you do not expect to be great. Beckham JR might be a butt nugget, he's got that fire though.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
When a rookie UDFA special teamer gets the majority of snaps over a four year 33rd overall pick vet that's all we need to know.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Actually it was 70/1100.
He played in 7 games in 2014. But you have to assume his productive would have progressed as the season went on.
If it was 7 games for 25/375 that's not very good per game averages. I calculated closer to just over 800 yards. Plus his production was decreasing in his last couple of games before he got hurt. I wanted him to prove a lot of us wrong but he failed. Time to move on but I wouldn't complain if they brought him back on a vet minimum contract.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Time to move on from our underachieving WR and TE unit.

We need to get some guys in here that can produce immediately.

Sorry Quick. It's time to go.

Britt, TA and Kendricks stay. Marquez gets an opportunity to fight for a spot next season.
Everyone else we should move on from.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Another perceived 2nd reach Avery - although a different style of receiver - "failed" with the Rams and went in to have a really productive career. I don't know, not like they are the same situation but maybe the Rams these last few years are were WR's go to die

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
No hard feelings towards Quick, but it's a business decision. Can't pay on potential. If I'm in charge, I'd look to move on. Obviously Alshon would be my #1 target, but I doubt the Bears let him slip. In that case, I'd look to Mohammed Sanu or Ruben Randle. Both have shown they can move the chains.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've had enough of Brian Quick's BS, personally. But I suppose it'd be ok if they signed him to the vet minimum then cut him in camp for effect.

TexasRam

Legend
No.

Need to Free up WR spots to Cycle through guys and give us a chance to find that Gem, which he isn't.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Four years is a long audition, hell the average RB is done playing in three. Time to move on.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'll definitely say this - NO MORE RAW PROJECTS - at WR or elsewhere. We need guys that, even if they are limited in their rookie year, can be expected to be solid contributors by year #2.