What to do with Brian Quick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What to do with Brian Quick?

• Give him another shot

Votes: 50 42.4%
  • Time to move on

Votes: 68 57.6%

• Total voters

Athos

Legend
Just move on. Tired of the hype and hope.

And kinda tired of massive athletic developmental freaks.

Time to start drafting guys that can contribute day one, sans a QB that may need polish first.

Bad rap with the injury... but is it really not seeing him? Britt gets plenty of targets. Maybe Quick just isn't separating enough.

Let him be someone's else's frustrating headache.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
There is no denying his work ethic, he is physically gifted ad by evidence of the played where he got flipped in SF he isn't afraid to go over the middle even after that injury. He blocks well which is always a plus for WR but can he play ST, I don't recall seeing him there. I don't see how they could invest more than the vet minimum and a prove it deal. If he comes back and is solid he can replace Britt in 2017. Bring in some competition and see who wins that battle.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
We have to upgrade at receiver, be it via the draft of FA.

Britt, Austin, and Marquez are likely coming back. That is 3 spots accounted for. And you also have to hope we will add one starting calibre wideout this off-season in an attempt to bolster the WR corps. That's 4 spots.

I'm not sure where Quick fits in. If Stedman can miraculously return for next season at the same skill level as before his shooting incident, I'd much rather him. Assuming we are sticking in house. We also might well have more than 1 external WR brought in between the draft and free agency.

I think Quick's time in St. Louis is done.

Notwithstanding the above, assuming he signs for the vet minimum, I wouldn't be overly upset if he stuck around as the 5th WR. If he is back we obviously can no longer count on him being an impact player. But as a JAG whose sole purpose is to round out your receiving corps, you could do worse than a guy who blocks well / knows the system / knows the QBs / has at least flashed something during his career - however briefly those flashes were. And injuries admittedly *might* be an explanation for his most recent under-whelming season. If Snisher wants to keep him for 1 more year at the vet minimum..... fair enough.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Honestly I would rather have Denario Alexander on a one year deal than him. Realistically, they should resign Welker for one year. I think he could be much more useful to the team than Quick at this point. He had his chance and it didn't work. Time to find someone else. Maybe Quick wants a fresh start somewhere else too. I bet if Green Bay, Pittsburgh or New England came calling he would go to those places rather than stay here.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Until we get a QB, every receiving position is almost impossible to evaluate.
This ^ Says it all!! We need a QB that has a "Deep Ball" and can "Thread-the-Needle" over the middle! An accurate passer w/GUTS! OR no WR will catch anything but a cold!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Don't we have enough project players already?

I was a Quick supporter, but he's had the benefit of a full 4 years of chances.

It sucks that the injury may have destroyed his career. But we need his roster spot for a draft pick or a proven productive FA at WR.

We've gotta move on...

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Resign the kid cheap

Then the new OC can stop imagining Tavon Austin is anything more than a gadget player and replace Tavon with some actual WR's

Draft 2 stud WR's - Boyd and Carroo

Britt, Boyd, Carroo, Quick, Marquez

Wait, "replace" Tavon. Like, cut him? Move on from our most dangerous offensive weapon besides Gurley, but endorse "big play Brian" as our #4?

That's not what you meant, right?

By the way, I'm all for assuming Quick was still healing. Sign him cheap to compete with new blood. Cut him if it doesn't work out. Why cut him now?

What do we have to gain? We know him. He works hard. We have seen signs of an upside. He knows our system. Sure, we need new blood at the position, but if he is last years version, Quick sounds like a good #3 big man to go along with a new #1, Britt, Tavon and a new hands guy. (Wish it could be Stedman.)

Bring in some other talent, in case it doesn't work out. Of course.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I don't know, if Boras stays on as the OC, I wouldn't mind him coming back, but if they get a new OC, then no way. Dude has a tough time learning new offenses and next season (and probably the season after that) would be a complete waste of roster space.

Big Willie

Starter
Why would Quick want to come back? Maybe he goes to a team that throws the ball more and has a simpler offense. If I were his agent, that would be my recommendation. He has size, decent hands, but below average route running and site adjustment skills. As a charter member of the BQ fan club, I think it best for him and for the team to move on.....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brian Quick is a bust and it's not his fault...He is what he is and Fisher/Snead made a bad decision about him..... Hell no, we need to draft a #1 WR for a change..No drafting for potential (only) anymore..I want a guy with talent, heart, and skill at running routes..MOVE UP to get the guy if you have to. We need as much of a can't miss pick here that can be done..oh...the guy has to be over 6ft please! :rant:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
There are better alternatives to Quick on the cheap. He's had ample time over 4 years to earn a second contract from us, but has consistently shown that he's inconsistent. Hasn't topped 100 yards once in his 4 year career, drops catchable passes, still has mental lapses.

Honestly I'll take our entire WR corps over him. I say draft a WR in the early rounds to start on the outside. Quick was a failed project. Time to move on.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We'll bring in some talent on the outside, as Fisher said we will, and if he gets pushed out of a slot, then best wishes to him.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Wait, "replace" Tavon. Like, cut him? Move on from our most dangerous offensive weapon besides Gurley, but endorse "big play Brian" as our #4?

That's not what you meant, right?

By the way, I'm all for assuming Quick was still healing. Sign him cheap to compete with new blood. Cut him if it doesn't work out. Why cut him now?

What do we have to gain? We know him. He works hard. We have seen signs of an upside. He knows our system. Sure, we need new blood at the position, but if he is last years version, Quick sounds like a good #3 big man to go along with a new #1, Britt, Tavon and a new hands guy. (Wish it could be Stedman.)

Bring in some other talent, in case it doesn't work out. Of course.

Hahhaha yeah!
That's what I'm saying - in a way.

But not cut Tavon, but instead my idea is to give up this fanciful notion that he is a Wide Receiver - I mean the 49ers threw him around like a rag doll - we all say that last week

I'm only suggesting the reliance on a gadget player (a quality gadget player) making him the primary focus of our passing game is a freakin' joke and hinderance

Imagine Tavon with the GSOT, yes I see it, but not on a team with the kind of horrible numbers we've had this past year - it was brutal

2015 wasn't year of the Ram but year of the jet sweep - hell I'd never even heard of a jet sweep before cause I didn't watch football when they wore leather helmets,

But nonetheless - this offense sucks and Tavon was it's main course - maybe we need to rethink what's been happening since we drafted the guy.

Like the opening scene in Annie Hall when Woody Allen says the joke about the two women in the Catskills and one says "the food here is terrible" and the other says "and such small portions"
Well to me that's Tavon Austin

Terrible good and such small portions

I don't know, maybe I'll get more eloquent as the off-season progresses :LOL:

Quick is an actual WR in my opinion and still has upside.

Gurley should be the focus of this offense for years to come - not a gadget player like Tavon

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Time to move on, Quick-ly ;)

Unfortunately, too much hope, hype and potential - he's the Isiah Pead of WRs for me...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agreed with Jim Thomas who was asked who among the WR's he'd bring back. Austin, Britt and Marquez.
My thoughts on Brian Quick have been expressed already.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's done nothing this year. But if he's willing to come back for the veteran minimum, he can compete for a roster spot.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
he's got freakish athleticism (total opposite of Cook). But something's definitely missing.
See i disagree. He surpasses the eye test in terms of a WR's body, but i still don't see enough athleticism, agility, body control etc...4 years in and he still hasn't shown me that he knows how to locate and attack the ball in tight quarters or one-on-one deep. He loses almost every battle and looks way too passive out there(even when he was involved last year).

We need a talented, fiery competitor out there who can win those battles. Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Michael Irvin, Terrell Owens, Chris Carter. I realize these guys are all world, but Brian Quick is the antithesis of these types of WR's in every way besides measurables.

Hell if we could put Tavon's competitiveness into Quick's body we'd be onto something, but i still don't think Quick has the agility or athleticism to go along with his 6'3" 220 frame and soft football mentality.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think if Quick was ever going to figure it out he would have by now. He doesn't have consistent hands and he doesn't use his size to win contested balls. Time to move on.